Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132173 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Fish Stories.
« Reply #1005 on: October 03, 2021, 02:14:21 am »

We got healed after returning to the cave ya?
((We probably haven't since we haven't completed the contract yet. Once we get the Rod into the Pool, maybe.))
(Ah yeah, we're not done yet. I'll edit the question to be more neutral and we'll see what happens next turn.)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 05, 2021, 08:35:38 pm »

((Ok.  Looks like we’re just waiting for NJW2000…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 06, 2021, 12:07:53 am »

(I don’t think PW holds up turns for players unless it’s particularly important. Likely he’s just working with other stuff.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1008 on: October 06, 2021, 06:38:09 am »

(I don’t think PW holds up turns for players unless it’s particularly important. Likely he’s just working with other stuff.)
Yep. I'm getting a master's degree and effectively working full time so I have periods where I'm pretty busy.

I'm going to try joining, if that is alright, since I've enjoyed reading the thread thus far.

My character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Find the box, and get my equipment. Then find and link with Greed, Hugh, and Youare.
Fine by me!

You flop out of the cauldron, get dressed, and go see what all the hub bub is about. You get caught up on the basics and link up with the others...assuming they have spots and are ok with it.

"Guess this means we get to keep the guns, and hello Hugh I'm Debby and this little one with me is Elizabeth."
Go get a new needle and link it with Grey and Genesis, then see how Elizabeth is felling about that adventure.
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
You go to the box and get a new needle. Interestingly, it already contains any previous links you made before. Almost as though your old needle just got teleported here. Huh.

Elizabeth thinks the adventure of the seamonster was pretty exciting and scary at times. She is glad it ended well, but does wish she could have done more to help.

greed keeps blastint the leviathan
Greed apparently has PTSD because he's seeing sea monsters where none exist.

"I'm Tess."
I look at the shark stuck out of water for a moment, then go and attempt to get the largest container of water I can drag with me and bring it over to the shark. Praise is cold comfort while you can't breathe.

[4]
You return from the kitchen with a bucket of water. You dump it onto the shark. The shark seems...oddly ok with its current situation. You suppose it is a magic flying shark after all.

Assist in getting the rod into the Disposal Pool, if necessary.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
Pet the shark and tell him what a good boy he is.

After the shark has been properly praised, place the rod in the chamber as instructed.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Grey takes a moment to consider the immensity that is Hugh, not expecting to encounter this absolute unit after coming out of the portal.

"I'm Grey, the Verbomancer. Nice you meet you."

Did we get healed after coming out of the portal?

Grey helps the party move the rod into the deposit room. Afterwards he heads to the equipment box and exchanges his robe for one that has two sleeves, and looks through the box in the hopes that it produced something glove-adjacent that can fit over a crab claw.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
(Grey gets his replacement robe. As per your crab arm you have two choices: You can choose for it to be healed back into a normal arm, or keep it as crab. If you keep it as a crab, you will find a specifically shaped crab claw glove and a robe with one bigger sleeve in the box. if not, you'll find normal stuff. )

After the shark has been properly praised and head patted the Rod, still bloody and glowing incandescent green, gets tossed into the disposal pool.  It sinks into the liquid, seemingly sinking deeper and deeper, far beyond what should be the bottom of the pool, before eventually vanishing.

ALL HOMUNCULI ARE HEALED!

The message on the metal plaque has shifted into something different when no one was looking. Currently it says:

You have done well. You may ask one question and it shall be answered.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 06, 2021, 09:27:00 am »

I go to the quarters area and attempt to wash myself, get the sweat and gore off. Afterwards I'm going to attempt to test if I can turn my arm into water and still hold my Needle and fill the sleeve of my robe with it. If I can, then I'll test again, this time having turned my arm into air.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2021, 01:53:42 pm »

Ask any speakers (Debby) if they can ask my needle what spell it has.

In the mean time, see if there are any amenities that would suit the shark for now. 

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2021, 02:59:02 pm »

<snip>

You flop out of the cauldron, get dressed, and go see what all the hub bub is about. You get caught up on the basics and link up with the others...assuming they have spots and are ok with it.

<snip>

((Am I correct to assume that Aaron Blackstar getting “caught up on the basics” includes the others teaching him what how the needles, gloves, and robes work?))

((Assuming the answer is yes:))

Hugh watches attentatively while the others explain the basics to Aaron, giving out an “Oh! That’s interesting” or an “Ah!” When appropriate.  When the lesson is done he says “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was very interesting!  Is there anybody that would like to link needles with me?

((Assuming the answer is no:))

Hugh sees the Aaron linking needles with the others and asks “Ho! Ho! Ho!  What is that that you’re doing with your needles?

((Regardless of the answer from the GM:))

<snip>

Aaron links with the giant homunculus on his way to get food, and once there grabs the first thing that comes to hand, sits down, and searches in his mind for the names and variant types of his companions.

<snip>

Hugh follows Aaron to the kitchen and picks out and eats a meal, finishing by eating the dishes and silverware.   “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That hit the spot!

After that he goes and takes a shower (as soon as it’s available, of course).

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Edit:  added needle links.

Edit2:  combined posts.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:36:18 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1012 on: October 06, 2021, 06:05:10 pm »

"We still don't know all the functions of our equipment, nor do we know why purebloods are the way homunculi are supposed to be, and what advantages we have over you others, if any. Those are probably good areas to ask about. Or we could ask about the Grand Atelier, the organizations, or our own master, Sebiline the All Seeing. Oh, the Eyes on our equipment carry some functions related to Sebiline's specialty.

I'll explain to the newbies the commonly known functions of the equipment and link with Hugh. Then I'll go into the arena an d perform the experiments I will PM.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:36:18 am by Ozarck »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 06, 2021, 08:16:47 pm »

"Thank you all for your explanations. I am Aaron Blackstar, and am a Cognizant. I am happy to link with anyone here, and seek to answer your questions, but for the moment, I would like to get something to eat."

Aaron links with the giant homunculus on his way to get food, and once there grabs the first thing that comes to hand, sits down, and searches in his mind for the names and variant types of his companions. He lets anyone else who wants link with him during this time.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:32:30 pm by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 07, 2021, 03:02:07 am »

"Why don't we ask what the eyes on our stuff do."

Ask any speakers (Debby) if they can ask my needle what spell it has.
"I can."
Ask Luta's needle what the spell within it does, then go get some food for me and Elizabeth.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 07, 2021, 03:11:34 am »

Edit:  deleted post (combined with post above).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:37:21 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 07, 2021, 08:10:48 am »

greed links with Hugh and goes and gets another coat and pair of gloves.  in addition he asks what all of the functions of our stuff are.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 05:57:01 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 07, 2021, 08:40:52 am »

When the lesson is done he says “Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was very interesting!  Is there anybody that would like to link needles with me?
"Sure, I'll link with you Hugh."

"Knowing more about our equipment suits me."

Grey will hold onto his and Genesis's questions for now until he sees what comes of Greed's inquiry.

Crab claws are very cool and stylish but sadly we live in a world made for hands. Grey will regain his human arm and get his replacement glove and robe.

Let's mess around with our stuff for a bit.

1. Grey presses his palms together, fingers straight.
2. Grey presses his palms together, fingers interlocked.
3. Grey claps his hands thrice.
4. Grey investigates these spacious sleeves on his robe, holding his rifle by the barrel and poking it stock-first into his sleeve. Homunculi only have two hands and yet somehow Grey has kept possession of both his needle and rifle despite all that climbing and not to mention losing an arm, and other Homunculi have been carrying 3 weapons or more! The only answer is that they're doing something subconsciously without noticing, and it's time to find out what.
5. Grey orientates himself towards Youare and places his hands over his eyes, palms inwards.
6. He then does the same but with the palms facing outwards.
7. After Youare is clothed Grey examines Youare's robe through the eye of his needle, paying particular attention to the red eye on the back.

At some point Grey reorganize his needle links, cutting links with Bob and Flame and forging new links with Hugh and Aaron.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:22:03 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Please review the Link Web
« Reply #1018 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:19 am »

Please check the Needle Link Web below for accuracy. If you want to add links, feel free, as long as there is room (seven per character).

Notes:
1) Genesis and Grey are at max links, so unless they cut links they won't be adding others.
2) Dew (and Bob, apparently) have been dormant for a while, so it's probably best not to link them.
3) I changed a couple link colors for Grey to make his link with Hugh compatible. Fire, please note that.

Spoiler: Current Link Web (click to show/hide)

Also, Cat, you have two bolded action posts. the second is purely RP and doesn't need GM attetion, so might be wise to unbold that :)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 07, 2021, 12:07:51 pm »

(Sorry to mess up your new web but could you swap Luta's linkage with Grey to yellow and then remove Grey's connection to Flame? Aaron's wandering off to get food but next time Grey comes across them he plans on adding them to his network.)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 116