Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131188 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2021, 01:25:37 am »

"Yes, you should test it, I'm not sure the magic is actually reliable or safe to use while in such a vague state."

Grey swaps needles with Genesis and links them together. He imbues his new needle with a Maintain Velocity spell, observing if the spell pushes out the bit of residual magic that Genesis put in it earlier.

Grey messes with his pendant, trying to figure out its use. He holds it in his hand, extending it outwards. He taps it. Waves it around a little. Shakes it.

Check what happens if Lambent Flame touches Grey.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:13:14 pm by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2021, 03:35:45 am »

Go find a piece of paper and ask it if it knows how I could imbibe it with magic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 24, 2021, 07:22:43 am »

Try to bend all light around my body and turn myself invisible
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2021, 07:37:06 am »

@Ozark What happened to the skavenslaves gruntslike?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2021, 07:57:52 am »

"Hey Flame, I'm trying to figure out how this pendant works. Can you try touching me with your hand?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2021, 11:11:09 am »

@Ozark What happened to the skavenslaves gruntslike?
It was more work than fun for me. I've stopped GM'ing (in general) at least for a while. I did enjoy it, but i felt I was pushing myself too much.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2021, 01:12:03 pm »

... I need a better knife

Attempt to get a better knife. I mean, worst case couldn't I find a steak knife at least? right? I mean, the magic around here seems to understand intent somewhat, if I keep trying, I think it will work with me. in any case, once I've got a different knife (and returned the butter knife that isn't useful) then I'm going to try making full-size wings yet again.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:36:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 25, 2021, 05:33:49 am »

Can I only use spells that I store on my own needle, or can other people store spells on my needle, that I can then cast?
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #608 on: July 25, 2021, 09:32:47 am »

help out Grey with his thing

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2021, 04:05:23 pm »

Was going to test whether the end or tip being placed on whatever messed with the result, I guess I can just assume I watched Genesis’s experiment
Try storing a spell in my needle that gives the letters for HYPERBOLE for future use (whether or not repeated letters are stored is up to GM’s discretion)
What?

Grey offers to swap needles with Genesis.

"Here, try using this. It's imbued with the broadest possible use of my power. I'm interested to see if you can control it."

"hmm, interesting. I put that gluing magic that held that plate to your hand in mine. its not much but there it is. want me to do some tests with this? It'll discharge the magic in it if I do. Well, You can probably recharge it any time."

Swap Needles with Grey. Go and link up my needle with every homunculus who doesn't actively refuse this action.

Await next Conduit. Eat, Sleep, and maintain my body in peak physical condition.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Genesis and Grey switch needles.  As per connections, Other than Grey I don't see anyone actively accepting or refusing. So I suppose you should choose another 6 people to connect to and assume you did so.

"Yes, you should test it, I'm not sure the magic is actually reliable or safe to use while in such a vague state."

Grey swaps needles with Genesis and links them together. He imbues his new needle with a Maintain Velocity spell, observing if the spell pushes out the bit of residual magic that Genesis put in it earlier.

Grey messes with his pendant, trying to figure out its use. He holds it in his hand, extending it outwards. He taps it. Waves it around a little. Shakes it.

Check what happens if Lambent Flame touches Grey.

Remember to post a single action next time.

[4] Yes, it would push it out. Make sure to record any spells you have in your needle and, if they came from you or someone else, the dice roll associated with them.

Doing these things with the pendant doesn't reveal anything. Maybe an all tongue could ask it?

help out Grey with his thing
Touch his thing?

You are able to touch him without issue. If you are attempting to shove with the gloves or something, that needs intent. They won't activate without intent.

Go find a piece of paper and ask it if it knows how I could imbibe it with magic.

[1]
The paper responds with a sexual advance that is not only very rude but seems quite impossible, all things considered.

Try to bend all light around my body and turn myself invisible
[4]
This works, though not quite perfectly. The space you occupy looks somewhat distorted, like a heat mirage.

... I need a better knife

Attempt to get a better knife. I mean, worst case couldn't I find a steak knife at least? right? I mean, the magic around here seems to understand intent somewhat, if I keep trying, I think it will work with me. in any case, once I've got a different knife (and returned the butter knife that isn't useful) then I'm going to try making full-size wings yet again.

[5]
The good news is that you do manage to carve some very nice wings. They're not really full sized because the dummies are human sized so making something larger than them out of them is difficult. But it is unfortunately all for naught because -as stated earlier- the dummies revert to their undamaged normal form after a bit. You'll need something else. Perhaps make it out of some kind of material that a anagramist could convert into a different material? Or have someone else create you some using their powers?

Can I only use spells that I store on my own needle, or can other people store spells on my needle, that I can then cast?
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Needles don't care. You can put spells in other needles, you can trade needles around, etc. The only thing is that there can only ever be 1 needle per homunculi, and death will remove either the needle in their possession or a needle in the possession of another person if they've traded it away or something.

The Cavern rumbles and the familiar suction of the teleporter gate opening fills the room.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2021, 04:30:06 pm »

Bend all light away from The nearest guys eyes for a couple seconds, then try to create a illusion of a puppy at my feet.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2021, 04:41:09 pm »

<snip>

What about my action?

Interesting…

The speaker repeats his previous experiment, except that he tries to make the effect permanent and uses it on Grey’s needle (the one that he is offering to swap with Genesis) instead, spending 1 fate point.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2021, 05:58:19 pm »

((I work with anagrams, this involves messing with letters, the turn tried to store the letters of Hyperbole, h, y, p, e, b, o, and l into the wand, one copy of each letter or 2 Es and one of the other letters. Like f I had the spell, if I used the H, I would have no more Hs, I’d have the Y, P, E, R, B, O and L left…maybe I can’t take letters from a non physical object which is why you were confused, in that case,)) touch he needle to a shelf, to receive the S, H, E, L, and F for future use, hopefully this makes copies of said letters instead of disassembling the shelf. In case I can’t do this without disassembling the object, find a small shelf that isn’t holding anything, that way when the letters are taken, and it gets broken as as result, nothing else is damaged as collateral
((Ever seen the show Word World? It’s a children’s show I saw when I was younger. It’s what happens when everyone’s an anagramist))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:47:31 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #613 on: July 26, 2021, 07:24:10 pm »

Swapping needles back wit hGrey so that if one of us dies the otehr doesn't lose th needle in tehir possession. Then, re-linking to seven Homunculi
Grey The Maintainer
Bob, God of Belts
Speaker, The Insane
Flameo the probably delusional
Debby Deerest
Luta, Lord of Grassassins
Tess the Winged

Edit: also portal

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:53:35 am by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #614 on: July 26, 2021, 07:28:09 pm »

<snip>

What about my action?

Interesting…

The speaker repeats his previous experiment, except that he tries to make the effect permanent and uses it on Grey’s needle (the one that he is offering to swap with Genesis) instead, spending 1 fate point.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Your last magic was to ask books about how to do magic so I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 116