Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 125876 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2021, 12:42:19 am »

Make sure my grass boys are ok
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 10, 2021, 02:43:50 am »

Greet the person.  Politely introduce ourselves and ask who (and what) they are.  Then relate our observations to them and the others.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 10, 2021, 05:24:55 am »

"What the fuck is even happening?"
Go over to where the rest of the group is since the guy that showed up doesn't seem hostile.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 10, 2021, 07:06:51 am »

Grey pulls himself out of the maintaining and bows to the figure, but keeps quiet for now.

((Btw, PW. Did Grey get any fate last turn?))
Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:21:32 pm by Fire and Glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2021, 12:57:49 pm »

"So that's a thing."
I carefully watch the angry frog girl.
"How can I help make what just happened better and what was it?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2021, 06:14:28 pm »

also grab rairvuch's old needle, and then try my powers out by trying to focus some sunlight into a laser that comes out of my palm.  then go find the person who looks like they need the most help and ask how i can help. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2021, 08:00:57 pm »

also grab rairvuch's old needle, and then try my powers out by trying to focus some sunlight into a laser that comes out of my palm.  then go find the person who looks like they need the most help and ask how i can help. 
((you do not have that bag of loot. this character did not get up to the room the loot was in. remove that from your inventory, please. also note, the bag of loot is no longer in the room - it is strewn across the countryside, well behind where the frog now is. Same with Rairvach's needle, probably. Don't know about that one though.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 10, 2021, 10:55:57 pm »

((also note, the bag of loot is no longer in the room - it is strewn across the countryside, well behind where the frog now is.))
((I'd say that's an assumption. It's possible but it could just have easily stayed in the room.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2021, 01:09:54 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip compliments the clothing of the magic newcomer, and asks for an autograph.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2021, 10:04:24 pm »

Make sure my grass boys are ok
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Grassassin and Mini-Grassassin are fine.

"What the fuck is even happening?"
Go over to where the rest of the group is since the guy that showed up doesn't seem hostile.
As you walk over the strange person points at you and then at the door into this room.

Open that door, if you would. I believe there are people here to meet you.

You're not really sure what to make of this, but you do as you're told. You unbar the door and shove it open.

"So that's a thing."
I carefully watch the angry frog girl.
"How can I help make what just happened better and what was it?"

As, questions to figure out what the problem(s) are and what/who caused them
Tess, Greed, and Dew topple into the the room as though falling through some sort of sideways trap door. They immediately get to their feet and look around in stark confusion.  Greed in particular starts scrambling around, looking for loot. He finds a sword or two, but no sacks of loot and oddly no Needle. Hmmm.

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip compliments the clothing of the magic newcomer, and asks for an autograph.
Grey pulls himself out of the maintaining and bows to the figure, but keeps quiet for now.

((Btw, PW. Did Grey get any fate last turn?))
Greet the person.  Politely introduce ourselves and ask who (and what) they are.  Then relate our observations to them and the others.

"So are we not going to deal with the individual who caused all this?"
Flameo gestures at the wheel and the corpse and the crying fox and the angry frog
ask questions, help staunch Genesis' bleeding
"He seemed like a good sort. His creations loved him. I'm sure those he killed were less grateful. But what do I know? Have you come to settle the matter? how may we be of assistance, sir?"

Attempt to converse with the guy without being a jackass. No ack'ing.

Also, attempt to staunch the bloodflow. use the bedsheet or something, but make sure no pointy bits are in it when I do. Let's keep that blood inside my body.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

The person seems to smile, and then raises his hand.  He reaches towards the group...and his hand just keeps getting bigger. Within a moment it has completely filled the room and closed, snatching them up.  For a few long moments they wriggle and squirm in his grip before  suddenly they dropped a few feet...onto warm sands.  They get up and look around. Their injuries are healed, their clothing clean, their hunger and thirst satiated.  They are back in the desert and miles away is the toad tower, slowly waddling towards those northern mountains.

You have many questions, as all children do. But I have two questions which only you may answer.

He points at the toad tower.

The rage of that place is no longer blind and random. Now it is focused. That frog and her companions will ride North, to the domain of the Witch of the Wilds and her tribe. They will seek vengeance for their fallen master. They may even achieve it.

He turns back to the group and points at them.

Shall we let them go?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2021, 12:08:25 am »

What harm could come from letting things take their course?”, The Speaker asks.

And by the way, if I may ask, who are you?

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2021, 12:46:50 am »

"well that depends, can they still be branded with her magic? Does she live in an isolated area, free of colateral? Given our purpose and our last mission, I cannot condone letting a massive titan wreak havoc on a town, and I also cannot condone them being subverted to wreak havoc on a different town."
Say my piece and grab some pocket sand

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2021, 12:48:17 am »

"Allowing the constructs to enact vengeance for the murder of their master would be just. However speaking as someone who has to clean up the mess, I would prefer that justice did not take the form of open warfare. I do not know what it takes to destabilize a region with magic, but I think the fighting between a mage and one or two hundred extremely magical constructs, and the eventual destruction of one of those two parties could be enough to do it."

"I say the frog should be stopped, for the sake of preventing the fallout that could persist for years to come."

Grey speaks his mind and looks around to see if the stone truck from earlier can be seen in the distance.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:02:33 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2021, 02:43:12 am »

"Well I say let them have they're revenge, so what if we have to clean up afterwards, I mean it's what we do."
See if I still have Elizabeth.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2021, 02:54:45 am »

"I don't think I know enough to properly answer, to be honest, but if you want me to make my best attempt I can try. I would like to attempt to talk them out of it, allow an impartial party to provide their retribution, to give them justice and consolation instead of vengeance and satisfaction. But if justice can't be otherwise served, then I'd let them go about it. I don't think murder should go unpunished, I just think revenge creates additional victims and harm, and leaves behind an emptiness when you get your revenge and realize that it doesn't make anything better."

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 116