Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131663 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2021, 07:01:57 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Nice!

Plop down in the gazebo swing before anyone else can steal the seats.   Look around for magical doodads.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2021, 07:55:37 pm »

Grey addresses the frogge as well.

”Yes, we’re here to help. What do you need help with, exactly?”

"Also, where can we find this book you referred to?"

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 09:56:05 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2021, 02:25:04 am »

"Hello I also can help with stuff as long as it doesn't evolve being a doctor."
Also talk to the frog.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2021, 05:17:00 am »

Go have a look at the giant ball of fire with the moustache, including through the eye of the needle. Then ask it to give its account of what happened here.

Provided it can talk. Otherwise, just sort of peer at stuff.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2021, 08:42:38 am »

Sit and wait patiently for more info
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2021, 09:28:01 am »

How's my needle's magic storage right now? I had that oil slick rainbow earlier but used it once to make a bubble shield against the shockwave and debris from the frog landing.

Continue observing the area and the beings here, while listening to the frog talk about stick things and picture books.

"So, Speaker, what happened to you anyway? Get hit by one of those magic missiles? Forget to block with your needle? If I get some magic in my needle I'll help you out a bit. I'll even spend some effort to make sure it doesn't backfire. Gotta watch each others' backs out in the worlds, right?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2021, 11:02:29 am »

Bob was surprised by the amount of bronze. There was a lot of bronze. Bob wondered why someone could be so fascinated with bronze.

Listen to the toad, scan the room for anything interesting.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2021, 01:18:10 pm »

<snip>

"So, Speaker, what happened to you anyway? Get hit by one of those magic missiles? Forget to block with your needle? If I get some magic in my needle I'll help you out a bit. I'll even spend some effort to make sure it doesn't backfire. Gotta watch each others' backs out in the worlds, right?"

<snip>

Huh, ‘magic missiles’?  I didn’t know the mundanescould use those!  How did they get them?!!

The Speaker points to Youare.

That… happened to me.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2021, 05:13:32 pm »

Nice!

Plop down in the gazebo swing before anyone else can steal the seats.   Look around for magical doodads.
Drip immediately wanders off, scuttles across the stepping stones, and plops down in the swing, stretching out across it. He rocks back and forth, looking for "magical doodads". [3] Eh. Everything here is technically a magical doodad. Including him.

Go have a look at the giant ball of fire with the moustache, including through the eye of the needle. Then ask it to give its account of what happened here.

Provided it can talk. Otherwise, just sort of peer at stuff.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

You wander to the solid ground nearest the ball of flame and peer through your needle at it. At the core of the ball of flame is a sort of tangle, what look kind of like plant roots but knotting and wriggling like worms.  You shout up at him about the events transpiring and he shouts back down, "Something has the whole tower quite upset. I'm not sure what. After all, I'm just here to look pretty." He follows that last line with a guffaw and slaps his knee.

How's my needle's magic storage right now? I had that oil slick rainbow earlier but used it once to make a bubble shield against the shockwave and debris from the frog landing.

Continue observing the area and the beings here, while listening to the frog talk about stick things and picture books.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
The needle is empty.

You sit down and listen to the goings on.

Bob was surprised by the amount of bronze. There was a lot of bronze. Bob wondered why someone could be so fascinated with bronze.

Listen to the toad, scan the room for anything interesting.

[1][+1 fate point]
Bob looks around the room. He looks around the room while walking.  He falls straight into the metal swamp.

As previously mentioned its not hot or anything, but the fluid is still as heavy and dense as as normal metal. The result being, of course that when he falls in he never even gets more than a few inches in before immediately bobbing back up to the surface. He's not in any immediate danger but actually standing up or moving around is like trying to stand on ice but worse. He ends up splayed on his back, slowly spinning.

The speaker waits for the rest of the group to arrive before addressing the toad.

Yes we’re humonculi.  We were sent here on a mission from the Magi.  Only problem is that, when we arrived, the ruined tower we were in was being shelled with artillery by a bunch of mundanes, and one of my compatriots (in a fit of abject selfishness) thought it would be a great idea to remove the ability of the the tower to protect us so he could put it in his robe, which resulted in me almost getting killed.

By the way, who is this ‘Elias’?  Is he a healer?  Because I could really use one right now.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Speling
Sit and wait patiently for more info
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

"Hello I also can help with stuff as long as it doesn't evolve being a doctor."
Also talk to the frog.
Grey addresses the frogge as well.

”Yes, we’re here to help. What do you need help with, exactly?”

"Also, where can we find this book you referred to?"

"Sorry, the cannon balls were from upstairs. They're angry and don't know what to do. They say Elias is hurt and they're trying to get the one that did it, even though they don't know who it is."
She sounds somewhat exasperated with whoever is upstairs. " Elias is the mage who made this tower, and me and everything here. I think he's upstairs right now, way up in his rooms at the top. That's where he keeps all his books and stuff.  The cannons say he's hurt, but I don't know what's going on. Everyone is just...running around! No one seems to know anything for sure, they just say they heard things from upstairs.

I think you should go check on Elias. I can call the elevator for you.  He hasn't come down to see me in a while. I'm worried about him; he seemed nervous last time I saw him. He tried not to let me know but I could tell. He was looking at everything really carefully. Staring at it, you know? He said something weird too. He said..." She bobs up and down a bit, looking down at the water surface and concentrating, "Subvert? That...Something had been subverted...and that it was dangerous. I don't know what that means."

She's speaking rapidly and somewhat disjointedly, telling you everything she can think of.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2021, 05:15:55 pm »

Huh, ‘magic missiles’?  I didn’t know the mundanescould use those!  How did they get them?!!

The Speaker points to Youare.

That… happened to me.

Genesis stares at Youare for several seconds.

"Yes ... that is pretty tragic and awful. How unfortunate for you. Well, as hideous as you both are, I'm not sure I can do anything to improve that. A nice mask, maybe, or some strong acid ..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2021, 07:57:27 pm »

Suppose that's true.

Turn some of this LIQUID BRONZE into a DRONE.  Order it to follow me as I get on the elevator with the rest.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:22:06 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2021, 08:30:08 pm »

Bob still did not understand the fascination with bronze, even floating on it. He supposed it was pretty cool, but it would be even cooler if it was belts. And not suspending him in the middle of the laziest river ever.

Back to the basics. While floating on his back, Bob stretches his arms out to the sides before bringing them back parallel to his torso.  Bob tries to use this repeated motion to swim himself back to the edge of the liquid and climb out. Failing that, he holds onto his belted Needle and controls the belts on it to fly the Needle to a dry spot on solid bronze carefully. It wouldn't do to dislocated his wrist or shoulder, but he also needs to get to the platform with the others.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 03:47:04 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2021, 11:10:16 pm »

Grey talks to the frogge some more, and pulls Bob out of the bronze if he reaches one of the edges.

”Yes, finding Elias sounds like the best idea. I assume that platform in the bronze lake is the elevator?"

Grey crosses the stepping stones over to the platform. If he reaches the end, he also examines the frog through the eye of the needle.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2021, 12:58:36 am »

The speaker turns to the others.

It sounds like there are mundanes upstairs. We’d better be careful.”, he says with worry.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2021, 01:20:30 am »

"I can help with the stuff."
Go to the elevator and ride it where it goes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 116