Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131691 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2021, 09:35:44 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Neat.

Did the shockwave knock me off the AIR DUNE?  If no, get off.  If yes, make some SUNDRIES from the SANDSTONE RUIN to help supply us for the quest.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2021, 11:43:41 pm »

move closer, staying behind cover
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2021, 02:52:28 am »

Youare stands up, lowering his needle but staying in front of the conduit. He thinks for a moment, then shouts to the frog:

"We're homunculi, and as my colleague said, we're here to help. Please stop shooting us. In fact, would you mind if we came aboard?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2021, 03:22:05 am »

Dig my way out of the rubble and sand then head to where the rest of the group is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2021, 02:30:23 pm »

Bob sighed. It looked like his hunch might have been partially correct and the battletoad was connected to the deceased Mage, or at least some Elias who might be connected to the mage. He had a feeling he would need his Needle for this and went to retrieve it. At least he didn't stab it. That could have been awkward.

Bob goes to retrieve his Needle.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

Dig my way out of the rubble and sand then head to where the rest of the group is.
move closer, staying behind cover
Bob, Debby and Flameo all dig themselves free and approach the rest of the team in front of the battletoad.

Grey digs himself out of the sand and exits the truck.

Now that the crisis is over, Grey gives flight a go. He tries to Maintain control of his trajectory while moving and then jumps.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

[3]
The attempt to fly is...well its not successful but it is somewhat promising. You jump and try to maintain the movement of your feet. This works...kinda. Your body slows but your feet keep going. Unfortunately their direction is determined by the orientation of your body so the result is basically an awkward flip and flat landing on your back. You start skidding along the sand, feet still pushing you, until you break the spell.

Thanks!

Taking a wild guess, The Speaker decides that the way he’s been going is “south” and that, therefore, “north” must be in the opposite direction.

He promptly turns around and runs “north” as fast as he can.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Speaker turns around just in time for the diminished but still quite powerful shockwave to wash over him. The battletoad is now much closer than before and looking down at the distant forms of the team.

Speaker questions if its a good idea to go that way. [4] Might as well.  He runs back towards the "north", which just happens to also be towards the giant metal toad, and ends up maybe 500 feet behind the group.

Figure out the status of the truck. If it’s still stuck, try to get it unstuck. See if it can drive itself out, or if it has a winch. Otherwise try the AIR thing again.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[6]
Luta climbs into the stone car and presses the gas to the floor. The thing's enormous stone wheels churn sand and it slowly rises out. It suddenly breaks free and rumbles forward at high speed, right into a ruin wall. It doesn't crash, instead the wheels catch the stone and the front tires climb the wall until the entire vehicle is sitting at a roughly 70 degree angle, very nearly tumbling over backwards.

Neat.

Did the shockwave knock me off the AIR DUNE?  If no, get off.  If yes, make some SUNDRIES from the SANDSTONE RUIN to help supply us for the quest.
You were knocked free from the wind dune by the shockwave so go about attempting to make some SUNDRIES. [2] The magic fails, perhaps because you cannot really visualize what a "Sundry" is.

Youare stands up, lowering his needle but staying in front of the conduit. He thinks for a moment, then shouts to the frog:

"We're homunculi, and as my colleague said, we're here to help. Please stop shooting us. In fact, would you mind if we came aboard?"

Shout up at the frog:

"Yes to the first question. As for the second, we have been sent to make things right. Something about balance. Are you Elias? What is the problem?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

The Toad stares for a few moments more before opening its mouth. A giant tongue darts out and slams into the sand in front of the group hard enough to knock them all off their feet, again. As the sand settles they can see that the tongue is serrated in such a way to form a staircase long its top when extended like this. The stairway leads up into the frog's mouth and further into a glowing tunnel where its throat would normally be.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2021, 05:10:35 pm »

The Speaker continues running straight towards the toad, up the tongue and through the tunnel, as fast as he can.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2021, 09:13:54 pm »

”Needs improvement.”

Grey picks himself up and gets swallowed by the frog like everyone else.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:46:24 am by Fire and Glory »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2021, 10:56:49 pm »

Mount up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2021, 11:29:39 pm »

Oh joy, they were going into the toad. Bob idly wondered if perhaps magic toads had belts in them. Normal ones didn't, but, y'know, magic. Excited by the prospect of more belts, Bob heads up the tongue staircase.

Past the lips and over the gums. Into the toad Bob goes.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2021, 03:23:13 am »

Go up the tongue and into the frog.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2021, 06:43:09 am »

Begrudgingly depart from my truck and head inside.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2021, 07:33:42 am »

Youare enters.

"Thank you."

[/quote]
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2021, 10:05:28 am »

In we go. Examine any points of interest we encounter with the Eye of the Needle, and otherwise keep an eye out for threats.
How's my needle's magic storage right now? I had that oil slick rainbow earlier but used it once to make a bubble shield against the shockwave and debris from the frog landing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2021, 03:03:23 pm »

The Speaker continues running straight towards the toad, up the tongue and through the tunnel, as fast as he can.

”Needs improvement.”

Grey picks himself up and gets swallowed by the frog like everyone else.

Mount up.

Oh joy, they were going into the toad. Bob idly wondered if perhaps magic toads had belts in them. Normal ones didn't, but, y'know, magic. Excited by the prospect of more belts, Bob heads up the tongue staircase.

Past the lips and over the gums. Into the toad Bob goes.

Begrudgingly depart from my truck and head inside.

Youare enters.

"Thank you."

[/quote]
In we go. Examine any points of interest we encounter with the Eye of the Needle, and otherwise keep an eye out for threats.
How's my needle's magic storage right now? I had that oil slick rainbow earlier but used it once to make a bubble shield against the shockwave and debris from the frog landing.

Speaker is the first up the stairs, screaming the entire way. Why? Who knows. Genesis follows the rest of the group, peering at everything through the hole in his needle like a comical detective. The group climbs the perilous stairs up several hundred feet, following a gentle arc into the frog's throat. The stairway connects directly with a smooth tunnel-like hall of polished bronze. Overhead, on tiny swings made of thin chain and iron rods, hang small balls of flame. They swing back and forth, gripping the swings with diminutive limbs of wispy flame, singing in tiny voices that are only just barely audible. After what seems like quite a long distance, the hall opens up into a wide dome, a sort of terrarium of metal and stone. Its form is that of a sort of decorative lake or swamp, dominated by a great body of liquid ringed by a shore and crisscrossed with stepping stone walkways. The "water" of the pond is liquid bronze, not molten but still liquid. The fronds and ferns and tall grass that ring the pond are bronze, while the floating lily pads are silver and gold. The dragon flies flitting about are platinum and appear to be made of delicate lace instead of prefect recreations of insects. Overhead, sitting on a metal platform that somewhat resembles a wagon wheel, is a larger ball of flame, which waves to the group as they enter. Though it has no face, it has a huge mustache made of curling fire. Out in the lake, across a stepping stone path of what looks like petrified wood carved into the shapes of lily pads, is a gazebo of sorts. It resembles a giant mangrove but curved in a "C" shape, so its boughs overhang its tangled roots and form a covered platform. A large swing, big enough to fit two comfortably and covered in cushions, hangs from the branches. 

Despite the utter artificiality of it all, there is still a pleasant cool breeze and the smell of rain in the air somehow.

Out in the "water" something bobs up. Its a toad, made of gold with eyes of sapphire. Only its eyes and a bit of its head break the surface, but judging from this it would be about the size of a small child.

"Hello." The toad says, in the same voice as before, but much smaller and less deafening. "You're here to help right? Elias told me that you help people. Sorry, I didn't recognize you at first without that...stick thing. There was a picture of it in the book, so I figured you have to be Homunculi...even if you don't look like the ones in the book."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2021, 03:29:05 pm »

The speaker waits for the rest of the group to arrive before addressing the toad.

Yes we’re humonculi.  We were sent here on a mission from the Magi.  Only problem is that, when we arrived, the ruined tower we were in was being shelled with artillery by a bunch of mundanes, and one of my compatriots (in a fit of abject selfishness) thought it would be a great idea to remove the ability of the the tower to protect us so he could put it in his robe, which resulted in me almost getting killed.

By the way, who is this ‘Elias’?  Is he a healer?  Because I could really use one right now.

Edit:  Speling
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 03:36:13 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 116