Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131773 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2021, 10:40:48 pm »

((Sweet.  Time to hoard them and then blow them all at once on highly ridiculous actions, as tradition demands.))
you also lost 4 hp. put that in your sheet.

((Whoops thank you))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2021, 01:00:54 am »

"Damn it I was trying to learn stuff and I get taken away from it!"
Search the tower for anything that could be used as a shield all while not getting hit with stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2021, 10:50:29 am »

Take cover with Grey

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2021, 12:47:45 pm »

Youare was in the teleport room and subsequently sucked through.

He pulls Protect from a wall and puts it into his robe (use a Fate point).

He then starts looking around through the eye of a needle. Seeing if anything is not what it seems.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:40:32 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2021, 02:52:12 pm »

Turn a CERAMIC PLATE into MAIL that I can wear for protection, then jump through the portal.

EDIT- and then try to prevent youare from removing the protective function from the only thing protecting the team from gunfire.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 03:39:26 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2021, 03:00:50 pm »

Youare pulls Protect from a wall and puts it into his robe (use a Fate point).

He then starts looking around through the eye of a needle. See if anything is not what it seems.

The Speaker taps Youare on the shoulder.  “What are you doing?” he asks Youare.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2021, 04:38:40 pm »

"Well, the idea is that by restricting my field of view, it becomes easier to spot small details. Or do you mean the concept I'm removing from the wall?"
One wheel short of a wagon

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2021, 05:22:27 pm »

"Well, the idea is that by restricting my field of view, it becomes easier to spot small details. Or do you mean the concept I'm removing from the wall?"

Both.  I hope you’re not doing something stupid that’ll get us all killed, like removing the walls ability to protect us…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2021, 08:09:24 pm »

The Speaker asks the tower what is happening.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

[1][+1 Fate point]
The tower, which I'll remind you is nothing but a stump of stone being pelted with projectiles, screams. It screams in pain and confusion with a voice like grinding millstones.  It screams so loud that you are practically concussed by it and end up laying on your back, dazed.

”Right...”

Grab the conduit, take cover behind a wall of the tower that is hidden from anything coming through the archway, and Maintain the tower.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[4,5]
Grey runs over and shoulders the conduit, lifting it out of the crack between the stones. It does turn out to be so heavy he can only barely handle it though, and ends up having to roll it to the wall. Once in place he places one hand against the wall- the one that was struck a few seconds ago- and commands it to MAINTAIN! Half of the tower's circular wall glows with a steely gray light.

Take cover with Grey

You duck some falling stones and scamper over to where Grey is, pressing your back against the wall and covering your head.

"This is quite an entrance, I must say."

Turn a CERAMIC PLATE into MAIL that I can wear for protection, then jump through the portal.

EDIT- and then try to prevent youare from removing the protective function from the only thing protecting the team from gunfire.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[3]
Your attempts to transform plates into mail result in only useless scraps of ceramic mail that shatter as you try to put them on.  Damn.  You toss them aside and jump through the portal, emerging into the desert firing range moments later. [2]

Youare was in the teleport room and subsequently sucked through.

He pulls Protect from a wall and puts it into his robe (use a Fate point).

He then starts looking around through the eye of a needle. Seeing if anything is not what it seems.

[6,1] (no fate point for that because it was discarded)
You run over to the wall that several team members are CURRENTLY HIDING BEHIND. The one that one of these said teammates just used magic to maintain. You ram your hand into its ethereal essence and rip the aspect "PROTECT" out of it. You look at the aspect, a hard metallic crystal diamond, for a moment before jamming it straight into your robe. The robe immediately takes on a metallic sheen and becomes stiff, robust, and very heavy. [2] You immediately fall over and end up squirming on your back like a turtle, unable to right yourself due to the tremendous weight of your clothing.

"Damn it I was trying to learn stuff and I get taken away from it!"
Search the tower for anything that could be used as a shield all while not getting hit with stuff.
[6]
You look around for a shield. You see nothing immediately obvious as one. But then you realize, the ground itself is your shield! You politely ask one of the huge stone slabs that make up the floor to roll over for you. It grumbles sleepily but does so , rolling onto its size and forming a low but thick wall maybe 4 feet tall. It even makes a trench of sorts by vacating the space it used to occupy and exposing the bedrock below.  Debby hops down into the trench and takes cover.

The only downside to this is that the two halves of the tower are now mostly blocked off from each other by a low and somewhat difficult to cross wall.

((Did I get two fate points for that?))

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Well, that's neat.  Oh hey, portal.  Bet there's something to unlock there!

Yeet self through portal.  Probably should find cover.
Drip hurls himself into the portal and arrives in the desert moments later. He scampers and takes cover with Debby behind her low wall.

"Someone protect the conduit. I don't want to live under a bloated tick of a sun forever. Imma take a peek at whatever's chucking stuff at us.

Oh. Someone could protect me as well. I also don't want to die under a bloated tick of a swollen red-ass sun either."

Take a cautious peek out the door attempting to locate the source of the projectiles. Work my way around the outside edge of the building if hte thing isn't directly in front of the ruin. Try not to expose myself to direct fire, and be ready to dodge and roll away from the broken tower to avoid more chunks falling on me.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
"The only way to go is out. Maybe someone should bring the conduit incase there is more debris. I request magic belt exemption from that, on account of my magic belt needing my arms and hands free for its magic." Bob states as he glances around and quickly heads for a spot not in the radius of debris.

Move outside to some sort of cover, or at least out of the radius of falling debris. Use magic belt Wolf claw powers to deflect or destroy any debris that fall toward me. Or the others, if I can cover them without accidentally bisecting them. Bob refuses to be the guy with big strong hands who doesn't use them to protect things.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

Genesis and Bob both break with convention and run outside of the tower, skirting its edge in search of the source of the attack. They look around as they do. They're definitely in a desert, but there are ruins around here too, the stumpy remains of an ancient city are scattered in sand choked clusters.  They finally get far enough around to see the source of the attack: Its far away and hard to tell how large it really is, but it resembles an enormous bronze toad crossed with a battleship, crossed with a mansion. The toad has six legs and is slowly scuttling through the sand, raising a cloud behind it. Atop that, sprouting from its back, is a platform shaped like a triangle or an arrowhead and bristling with cannons. Above that is what looks like an erratic stack of pyramids or sharp roofed buildings. Hard to tell their exact configuration from this distance.

The cannons are firing; not just the ones pointed towards the tower and the homunculi team, but all of them, seemingly at random. They belch blue smoke as silver mirages carried on bolts of lightning arc out towards the tower.

(1, 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 5)[Speaker +2 fate points and -5 HP]

The tower no longer protects, but it doesn't crumble or fall apart. Its form is MAINTAINED, but its essence is twisted. Instead when the rounds come in they phase through the stone as though it were mist, passing through one wall and striking the unchanged inner wall on the other side. This time, everyone within the tower gets a glimpse of what they are, though understanding their nature is something else entirely. Cannon balls of shimmering rainbow haze carried by thick purple lightning like otherworldly comets. They strike the far wall and burst like soap bubbles, sending a blossoming concussion forward and blowing great holes in the stone. 

Grey and Master of the Lambent Flame (MOTLF) are half swallowed up by the essence crippled wall, sucked inside it as it wobbles like Jello with the passage of the cannon balls. Luta gets hit with a chip of stone from the exploding wall [-1 HP]. Debby, Drip, and the others are alright. Well, except for Speaker. Speaker doesn't take a direct hit from the cannon balls, but instead is struck with a glancing blow. He gets blow off his feet and hurled backwards with tremendous force, bouncing like a rag doll into Debby's wall and limply flopping over it and down into the ditch beyond with Debby and Drip. [1] He's unconscious and his left shoulder is very clearly dislocated. His nose is bleeding copiously and small red stains are seeping into his robe from unseen lacerations under it.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:00:12 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2021, 08:40:01 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Man down!

Make sure SPEAKER is at his PEAK condition.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2021, 09:55:49 pm »

Man down!

Make sure SPEAKER is at his PEAK condition.
[Since Anagramists work by turning things into other things, I have a feeling this is a terrible idea.]

”Someone help me get the conduit out of here!”

Spend one fate point to escape the gooey stone and try to get the conduit out of the tower and into cover. Continue Maintaining the tower for fear of what will happen if it stops.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:10:24 pm by Fire and Glory »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2021, 10:05:55 pm »

((I'll change if Speaker/A_Curious_Cat wants me to do so.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2021, 10:08:41 pm »

[It should be funny at least!]

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2021, 11:02:20 pm »

Genesis stands up straight, dust himself off, and walks toward the towering toad of baffling battlements. When/if  he gets close enough for it, try looking through the needle to find a general source for the mountainous mobile mansion's misery.

If any of the lumbering lamentor's magical missiles come my way, shoo them away with the point of my needle. By stabbing them.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2021, 11:55:01 pm »

MoTLF will try to drag himself out of the wall and in the rough direction of the battleship. Afterwards taking cover behind sand dunes
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 116