Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131689 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2021, 06:18:35 pm »

Ready to go through the portal when it forms. Meanwhile, continue inspecting the others and their minions and equipment through the needle, taking breaks occasionally to see if the odd pressure or grinding or other side effects remain or cause any strain on me.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2021, 10:24:38 pm »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Now we're talking!

Run to the training hall and stab something with the "key."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2021, 10:58:37 pm »

Grey turns to the passages behind him and yells out, ”We’re leaving soon!”

That done, he turns his attention back to magic. Grey Maintains control of his needle, and then lets go of it.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2021, 12:58:11 am »

The Speaker, hearing Grey’s shouting, heads to the portal room after making sure he has his needle and everything else he needs.

What?!” he asks Grey, when he gets there.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:00:15 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2021, 01:17:12 am »

Grey gestures to the plaque, “The portal is going to open soon, so don’t get too comfortable.”
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:48:21 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2021, 03:06:12 am »

"What's the point of all these books if I can't learn magic from them?"
Search the books and see if there aren't any books that can teach me any kind of magic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2021, 04:40:03 pm »

Bob lets out a single shout of "Wooooo!", lifting the belt above his head like he just won the championship before lowering it and putting it on.

Bob wears the belt and attempts to use his belt powers to sense what the belt can do or allow him to do.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)

[5]
Bob puts on the belt. He doesn't immediately transform into a giant wolf...so its not that. He swings his hand in a claw like fashion and a semi-opaque and phantom-like version of the Wolf Titan's claw (Though far smaller, about 7 feet across) appears in mid-air and mimics his movement a half second later. He accidently fucks up a nearby dummy with the phantom slash, carving it in half and hurling it across the room.

Ready to go through the portal when it forms. Meanwhile, continue inspecting the others and their minions and equipment through the needle, taking breaks occasionally to see if the odd pressure or grinding or other side effects remain or cause any strain on me.

Genesis meanders about, eye pressed firmly to his needle. Speaker's tongue has an eyeball in it....Bob has little wormlike belts crawling through his flesh...Drip...has a knife!

Genesis carefully powerwalks away from the crazed man with the bone knife. His eye feels fine by the way.

Grey turns to the passages behind him and yells out, ”We’re leaving soon!”

That done, he turns his attention back to magic. Grey Maintains control of his needle, and then lets go of it.

[3]
The needle hovers in place shakily for a moment or two before clattering to the ground.

"What's the point of all these books if I can't learn magic from them?"
Search the books and see if there aren't any books that can teach me any kind of magic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
Debby opens a book. On the first page, in big block text, are the words

MAGIC IS INNATE, NOT LEARNED

Rude.

Now we're talking!

Run to the training hall and stab something with the "key."
[1]
Drip bursts into the training hall with his...key. He points it at the people in the room and shouts, "EENY MEENY MINEY YOU!"
[1]
He leaps for Grey...and immediately trips, falling end over end onto the point of the key. [-4 HP] The key ends up lodged directly in his sternum, stabbed straight into the bone and likely the flesh beyond. Oddly bloodless though. It wiggles a bit with his heartbeat.

The plaque shifts like fluid, the words on its surface filling in as new words carve themselves into the metal.

A Mage has died. Without its master, her home has grown violent.  In accordance with the Covenant of Balance discover the cause of death and pacify the structure. This is our will.

A moment later the gate activates with a screaming roar and the black void sucks everyone in the teleporter room  through. They fall through the kaleidoscope shaft and appear somewhere quite different from the last place. The sun is huge, a dull red ball of flame hanging low overhead. There isn't a single cloud and  even the sky seems to have been sun rotted into a dull blue-white. The air is dead still and its clear that without their robes they would already be sweating. The conduit has dropped them into the remnants of an ancient stone tower, now nothing more than ring 10 foot stone walls, like a hollow stump. The walls are a sandstone orange and the floor is made of massive stone slabs laid side by side, with the conduit crudely rammed into the crack between two. Its sitting at an angle, only just wedged in place. Around the circumference of the tower are the badly rotten and destroyed remains of wooden shelves, now blackened and mostly collapsed. A single man sized arched doorway leading out into orange sand dunes is embedded in the wall across from them.

As they spread out and start to look around they hear a dull whistle. It grows louder for maybe half a second before a man sized chunk of wall near the top of the ruins explodes inwards. Chunks of stone and find pulverized rock rain down into the tower's interior, onto the group. Before they can react there are three more whistles and thuds as unseen projectiles hit the sands near the tower, spraying up short lived plumes even higher than the tower's walls. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2021, 05:07:39 pm »

"The only way to go is out. Maybe someone should bring the conduit incase there is more debris. I request magic belt exemption from that, on account of my magic belt needing my arms and hands free for its magic." Bob states as he glances around and quickly heads for a spot not in the radius of debris.

Move outside to some sort of cover, or at least out of the radius of falling debris. Use magic belt Wolf claw powers to deflect or destroy any debris that fall toward me. Or the others, if I can cover them without accidentally bisecting them. Bob refuses to be the guy with big strong hands who doesn't use them to protect things.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:19:21 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2021, 05:14:00 pm »

"Someone protect the conduit. I don't want to live under a bloated tick of a sun forever. Imma take a peek at whatever's chucking stuff at us.

Oh. Someone could protect me as well. I also don't want to die under a bloated tick of a swollen red-ass sun either."

Take a cautious peek out the door attempting to locate the source of the projectiles. Work my way around the outside edge of the building if hte thing isn't directly in front of the ruin. Try not to expose myself to direct fire, and be ready to dodge and roll away from the broken tower to avoid more chunks falling on me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2021, 05:16:21 pm »

((Did I get two fate points for that?))

Well, that's neat.  Oh hey, portal.  Bet there's something to unlock there!

Yeet self through portal.  Probably should find cover.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:40:40 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2021, 05:40:18 pm »

The Speaker asks the tower what is happening.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2021, 05:53:50 pm »

((Did I get two fate points for that?))

Well, that's neat.  Oh hey, portal.  Bet there's something to unlock there!

Yeet self through portal.  Probably should find cover.
(yes)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2021, 05:54:43 pm »

((Sweet.  Time to hoard them and then blow them all at once on highly ridiculous actions, as tradition demands.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2021, 08:26:52 pm »

”Right...”

Grab the conduit, take cover behind a wall of the tower that is hidden from anything coming through the archway, and Maintain the tower.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 08:29:06 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2021, 08:37:13 pm »

((Sweet.  Time to hoard them and then blow them all at once on highly ridiculous actions, as tradition demands.))
you also lost 4 hp. put that in your sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 116