Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131832 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Home sweet home
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2021, 10:13:18 pm »

Grey hands his book to The Speaker.
"Knock yourself out. It's a book on magic's effects on the world."

Stepping away from The Speaker, Grey takes off one of his gloves and throws it straight up while he Maintains its velocity, with the goal of getting it to stick to the ceiling.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:21:44 pm by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2021, 11:55:13 pm »

Thanks!” The Speaker says to Grey as he takes the book.

He then sits down to read it, paying particular attention to any parts concerning all-tounges, homunculi, the “needles”, or Titans.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit: just remembered I was missing something from my last few posts…
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:03:22 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2021, 12:45:02 am »

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Turn LEFTOVERS into ROT.  Throw at something interesting looking.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2021, 02:46:05 am »

"God damn it I lost my big ass bullet."
Try talking to my organs again and try to get them to like me more, then go find a book that tells me magical stuff, like how to make things grow or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2021, 10:28:33 am »

Knock on the window and prominently display the peanut butter to the greenish slop within. It's not pretty, and it probably isn't sentient, but you can't be picky when making friends with the denizens of your own birthing machine.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
The Green Slop seems unmoved by your bribe.

Go to the training room and try to cast the assassin out as a servant. Preferably have an all-tongue nearby to help communicate.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Luta walks into the training room and draws her Needle. She examines the glow on it for a moment before pointing the needle at the ground nearby and commanding the magic within to manifest as a grassassin she controls.
[4]
The grassassin that manifests is under her control, and its pretty much a dead ringer for the one she killed. Only...well...its small. Its about 2 feet tall and its bladed hands are more like paring knives. It waddles about in a way that could be considered "cutely homicidal".

Grey hands his book to The Speaker.
"Knock yourself out. It's a book on magic's effects on the world."

Stepping away from The Speaker, Grey takes off one of his gloves and throws it straight up while he Maintains its velocity, with the goal of getting it to stick to the ceiling.

[5]
Grey tosses his glove into the air while shouting MAINTAIN! at it. The glove goes up...and keeps going up until it hits the ceiling and sticks there.

Turn LEFTOVERS into ROT.  Throw at something interesting looking.
[2]
Try as he might, Drip's food remains fresh and delicious.  He tosses a turkey leg into the wall in annoyance.

Safely back, Bob decides to figure out why his Needle is glowing so brightly. He didn't see any of the others with Needles so bright during the fight. Maybe it was because he was the one to kill the titan? He would need to find out. But first, he wants some food. He has not eaten since his creation, but he could swear he remembers food being delicious.

Go to the cafeteria and eat, then head to the library and try to find a book explaining what's up with the very bright Needle.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Bob gets himself a meal and then heads to the library, intent on finding out what's up with the needle. He tells the people already in there about his quest and Luta helpfully explains that the glow is imprisoned magic. She says the bright glow probably signifies more magic or maybe just more powerful magic in it. She proves this by summoning a chibi grassassin.

"God damn it I lost my big ass bullet."
Try talking to my organs again and try to get them to like me more, then go find a book that tells me magical stuff, like how to make things grow or something.
[5]
Debby talks to her organs. Despite their general overworked demeanor and some general grumbling, they do seem to like her. Sure, some of them seem to view her with a bit of...well...dismissiveness. A sort of "Well, she's trying her best" attitude, but not one of dislike.

[3]
The best Debby can find in terms of magical instruction about making things bigger is a book recounting the fact that a mage once made something bigger with magic. Its not even a detailed account...damn them.

Thanks!” The Speaker says to Grey as he takes the book.

He then sits down to read it, paying particular attention to any parts concerning all-tounges, homunculi, the “needles”, or Titans.

Edit: just remembered I was missing something from my last few posts…

[3]
Speaker reads through the book with painful slowness, having a strangely hard time comprehending it. The best he can find is that apparently Homunculi are resistant to magic and that some people consider all-tongues the precursors to true mages or magi, who they postulate have the ability to command the world as opposed to simply ask it.

The cavern vibrates slightly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2021, 10:57:35 am »

Well, climb down and fish around in the cauldron for an unfinished homunculus to tinker with while we wait for the cavern to be a little more decisive.. Drag it out to the training hall and whack it with the side of the needle. then look through the eye of the needle. Does the world appear different through the needle? Try poking the homunculus in the leg with the pointy end.
Then inspect the gloves and see if I can distinguish any unusual features they possess

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2021, 11:12:47 am »

Hey all-tongues, does anyone wanna help me talk to Lad and Chibi?

If I get help from an all-tongue, get to know the two grass folk. If nobody helps, head into the portal room and see what’s up.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2021, 11:28:57 am »

Fine.  Turn the TURKEY BONE into BONE KEY and go try to unlock things.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2021, 12:39:51 pm »

Youare does some light calisthenics and attempts a handstand.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2021, 03:11:31 pm »

Alright. Alright.  I’m coming…

Put down the book and go help Luta with her creations.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:56 pm »

Learning about the Needle's capacity to hold magic and seeing the tiny grassassin strikes  Bob with an idea. Perhaps he could end up with a belt from the Wolf Titan.

Bob goes to the far side of the training room and tries to channel the magic from his Needle into an amazing magical belt that would give him the powers of the Wolf Titan when he wore it.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2021, 08:33:16 pm »

Dropping the spell and retrieving the glove, head to the teleporter room and check if there’s anything new on the plaque. On the way there, check the box in the cauldron room and see if anything new is in it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2021, 02:21:47 am »

Search the library for books that'll teach me magical spells and stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2021, 05:09:52 pm »

Well, climb down and fish around in the cauldron for an unfinished homunculus to tinker with while we wait for the cavern to be a little more decisive.. Drag it out to the training hall and whack it with the side of the needle. then look through the eye of the needle. Does the world appear different through the needle? Try poking the homunculus in the leg with the pointy end.
Then inspect the gloves and see if I can distinguish any unusual features they possess

[2]
Genesis lowers himself back into the goo and attempts to steal a body from the cauldron. He finds a mostly formed one but when he tries to move the body it sticks in place, as though wrapped in stretchy webbing. No attempts to shake, twist, cut or yank can free it.  He eventually gives up and crawls out, wiping himself clean.

After a few minutes of consideration he holds up the needle and looks through the "Eye". At first it seems to do nothing, until he holds it close to his face, pressing it up against one eye.  He feels an odd pressure in his eye, hears a wet sort of grinding as he looks around. The world through that eye grows slightly sepia toned and mildly translucent. He looks at his hand and can see the muscles, veins, bones and sinew through hazy, semi-opaque skin.  He looks around. The chest beneath the plaque shines with what looks like a fine spiderweb of light woven through the metal, and he can't see inside. He looks at the other Homunculi, specifically Grey who wanders in to look in the box.  He looks like a normal person, except there's something...odd curled around his brain and down into his mouth. It looks like a...brown and red candycane tumor or octopus. Hmm.

He looks at the gloves, both with normal eye and through the needle. The gloves look pretty normal through the unaided eye, but through the needle they have an almost scaly appearance of overlapping gray triangles made of...smoke?

Fine.  Turn the TURKEY BONE into BONE KEY and go try to unlock things.

[6]
Drip retrieves the turkey leg and holds it above his head, as though to say "I HAVE THE POWER!" or something similar. The flesh is blasted off the bone and the bone itself changes, leaving behind a rather nasty looking key. It honestly looks more like a weapon than an implement of unlocking, like a fat icepick with a few sharp "Fangs" instead of normal "teeth".  He feels like it might...unlock something other than doors.

Youare does some light calisthenics and attempts a handstand.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)

[1][3] [+1 fate point]
You attempt to push yourself up into a headstand but overshoot and end up falling over. In a panic you pull your hands up and land straight on your head. You flop onto your back, your vision filled with stars. [-3 HP.]

Dropping the spell and retrieving the glove, head to the teleporter room and check if there’s anything new on the plaque. On the way there, check the box in the cauldron room and see if anything new is in it.

Grey retrieves his glove and checks on the cauldron room. The chest is still empty for him. He shrugs, waves to Genesis, and heads to the teleporter room. The plaque there says the following

DISTURBANCE DETECTED. CONDUIT IN ROUTE

The gate itself is sort of vibrating.

Search the library for books that'll teach me magical spells and stuff.
[2]
You find nothing of the sort, sadly.

Hey all-tongues, does anyone wanna help me talk to Lad and Chibi?

If I get help from an all-tongue, get to know the two grass folk. If nobody helps, head into the portal room and see what’s up.

Alright. Alright.  I’m coming…

Put down the book and go help Luta with her creations.

[3]
With Speaker as an interpreter, Luta speaks with her two grass based minions. They're fairly simple creatures though, seeming about as intelligent as a reasonably clever dog. They don't seem to understand the concept of disobeying Luta and are borderline puppets to her will. They don't really have much in the way of desires and generally don't seem to think about much.

Learning about the Needle's capacity to hold magic and seeing the tiny grassassin strikes  Bob with an idea. Perhaps he could end up with a belt from the Wolf Titan.

Bob goes to the far side of the training room and tries to channel the magic from his Needle into an amazing magical belt that would give him the powers of the Wolf Titan when he wore it.

[4]
Bob retreats to the corner of the room and points his needle at the ground. He silently commands the magic within to form him a belt containing the power of the wolf titan! A belt that appears to be made from leather and wolf fur, with the head of a wolf as its giant buckle, forms on the ground. The glow of the needle vanishes.  The wolf belt is quite large, something akin to a champion wrestling belt or the like, clearly more decorative than functional. As per what it will do...he honestly isn't sure.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2021, 06:12:44 pm »

Bob lets out a single shout of "Wooooo!", lifting the belt above his head like he just won the championship before lowering it and putting it on.

Bob wears the belt and attempts to use his belt powers to sense what the belt can do or allow him to do.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 116