Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131806 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2021, 05:51:28 pm »

Bob considered his progress, now knowing that there were belts in the town. Belt snakes, but better that no belts. Seeing the falling giant, Bob knew what needed to be done.

Since he never went to the town and is presumably not in the fall radius, Bob tries something big. He attempts to manipulate all the belt snakes into a giant braided belt made up of belts which will wrap around the falling wolf's neck and throat and pull in the other direction, hopefully arresting or adjusting the path of its fall and maybe strangling it.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Not a Great Start.
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2021, 08:32:03 pm »

Drip runs to the box, grabs and puts on one of each item, then jumps through the portal to try and catch up with the crowd.
(Toaster has returned! Been a while, buddy!)
You figure out whats going on quite quickly. You don your gear and run straight to the portal, which gladly sucks you in. You end up on the barren snowy plain, but thanks to the flares can see your identically dressed compatriots down near the town. [1] [+1 fate point] You attempt to run down and meet them but get all of 3 feet before slipping on the snow and flopping face first into slush.
[/quote]

Yes, I have returned from my forum hiatus!  Hope you've been doing well, as well.

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Undeterred, Drip keeps closing, grabs some snow, balls it up, and attempts to turn the titan into a Snob, too good to land on that cheap village.

[also hurr hurr "timber" wolf]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:39:06 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Not a Great Start.
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2021, 10:29:32 pm »

Yes, I have returned from my forum hiatus!  Hope you've been doing well, as well.
Welcome back, Toaster!

Undeterred, Drip keeps closing, grabs some snow, balls it up, and attempts to turn the titan into a Snob, too good to land on that cheap village.
I hope this works. Somehow that would be funnier than a fail.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2021, 02:02:16 am »

"Where are all the weapons?"
Rush towards where the guns are and try to find an abandoned one while also avoiding where the wolf thing is falling towards.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2021, 10:07:05 am »

Run away, grab my arm, and run away, toward the other homunculi. preferably faster than the misguided (but cleverly named) grassassin.

"Hey! HEY! Can one of you put my arm back on? maybe one of you functionaries can take the [separated] out of it or something. Kinda hurry, I'm losing real people blood here. Oh, also, there's a doll trying to kill me. Oh, nice work knocking the thing down. Also, this place really hates fun."

Spoiler: Character: Creation (click to show/hide)
first of all, see if an All-tongue wants to try and reason with the grassassin. Meanwhile, I’ll leap into action.

Toss a saber to Lad and take one up myself. Ask Lad to help me defend Creation. Then jump into action, needle in one hand saber in the other. Fend off its attack for nows, if it doesn’t relent, or nobody tries to talk with it, try to jab it with the needle.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Creation turns tail, grabbing his severed arm as he does. The Grassassin gives chase in its strange boneless way, but Luta and her own grass puppet step in to intervene. The grassassin attempts to slip past them and continue its pursuit. [5] Seeing it has no intention to stop and that no one has come in to talk some sense to it, Luta decides violence is the only solution. She lets it dodge past her and then, as it goes, she whips her needle around and plunges it into the creature's featureless  back. The point pierces out through its chest and there is a flash of green light. Once the flash has passed all that remains is  a cloud of grass, immediately blown and scattered by the wind. Luta's needle glows green with the same sort of solar corona appearance that Speaker saw.

"Hark, could thou teleport this one into the ears of the giant?"

Ask it nicely to do just that

[1] [-4 HP, +1 Fate Point]
Emi asks the teleport gate if it could teleport her into one of the wolf titan's ears. How she knows there's a wolf titan out there when she hasn't gone through the gate yet, we'll never know. The gate resonds with a lovely etheral "Fug off" and yanks her through.

Unlike the others, who came out of the teleport on their feet and ready to go, Emi comes out of the teleport like a mortar shell. She arcs up high into the air and then back down, landing with a bone rattling thud.  Her only saving grace is the thick snow, which turned a potentially fatal fall into a merely exteremely painful and injurious one.

"Where are all the weapons?"
Rush towards where the guns are and try to find an abandoned one while also avoiding where the wolf thing is falling towards.
[3]
Debby runs in towards the gunfire, or at least where the gunfire used to be coming from. She has to dash past several heavily bundled up men on her way, resulting in cries of "Homunculi!" as she does.  The gun she finds appears in good condition and loaded. It also appears to be, now that she looks, directly beneath the falling titan.

"Crap."

Grey quickly Maintains the tallest building that is located within where the beast will land, preferably a church, hopefully taking away the brunt of its impact, supporting its mass, and leaving the rest of the buildings, if not intact, at least still upright.

After it hits the ground, he starts stabbing it in the ribs, or whatever body part is in reach that is closest to its center of mass.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[6]
Gray points both hands at the town and shouts "Maintain!" A steely glow appears around over a dozen of the largest buildings in the wolf titan's path. The glow appears around his hands as well and he grits his teeth when he realizes his hands are frozen in mid air, unable to move so long as he maintains the spell.

Bob considered his progress, now knowing that there were belts in the town. Belt snakes, but better that no belts. Seeing the falling giant, Bob knew what needed to be done.

Since he never went to the town and is presumably not in the fall radius, Bob tries something big. He attempts to manipulate all the belt snakes into a giant braided belt made up of belts which will wrap around the falling wolf's neck and throat and pull in the other direction, hopefully arresting or adjusting the path of its fall and maybe strangling it.

[4]
Bob commands all the belts in the down to converge and drag the falling titan off its trajectory. He lacks the sheer number of belts required to form a combined belt of sufficient mass to catch and drag the titan,  so he focuses on deflecting it as best he can. He gathers a great ball of writhing belts and hurls it at the falling titan's chest, striking at an angle and shoving it to the side as the ball bursts apart.  The titan goes from a belly flop into a side fall, looking to land on its left shoulder instead.

[also hurr hurr "timber" wolf]
[As well as can be expected!]
[2]
Drip manages to make it up to the small and injured group of Luta, Bob, and Creation. However his attempts to turn the falling titan into a snob fail for multiple reasons. The first being bad rolls, the second being the fact that he would have created a Snow Snob if his spell was successful. Since his magic transmutes objects, he can't transmute one object and apply the effect to a different object.

A snow snob would be pretty good regardless. Like frosty but a pompous asshole.

[1,6,4,1] [+1 fate point for Creation and Drip]

The Wolf Titan finallly lands, slamming into the far side of the villiage shoulder first. Gray's magically Maintained buidings groan under the impact but remain standing. The beast rebounds slightly and rolls off the buildings onto its back. Its right arm falls widely, out towards the small group of Homunculi outside the town. Luta and Bob, seeing the arm coming, scramble away. Creation, still trying to stick his arm back on, and Drip, bent over and gasping from the run, don't see it coming. [1,13] Creation gets caught under one of the beast's knuckles and is reduced to red paste [-13HP] while Drip [-1 HP]  just happens to be in the slight divot created by the creature's wrist. He's slammed face first to the ground and has the wind knocked out of him. He is effectively trapped between fur and flesh above and snow and soil below, but is alive at least.  He is freed a few moments later as the titan lifts its arm and begins to sit up.

Oh my!  I wasn’t expecting that.  Or that.  I thought the snow would speak to me and ask me for something that I’d have to provide.  I didn’t expect it to just take what it wanted!  I’ll have to be more careful in the future.  On the other hand, it appears our needles are more powerful than we thought.

The Speaker retrieves his needle before jumping out of the way of the falling beast.  If possible, he tries to stab the beast in the back of the neck just below the skull aiming for the brain stem.  Otherwise, he just stabs whatever part of it looks important.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  didn’t know I got a Fate Point…

[3]

Speaker, who was running towards the town the entire time the beast was falling,  runs through the outlying buildings and up to the creature's neck. He can't reach the back of its head with it laying like this, so he goes for the jugular instead. He rushes forward with the point of the needle out in front of him like a lance and drives it straight into the titan's flesh. Or at least he tries to. The creature is starting to move, to sit up as he reaches it and the point of the needle only clips the rapidly shifting skin.

The energy in the needle seems to vanish in an instant as it makes contact. A howl, identical to the one the Wolf Titan made earlier, rises out of the wind. There is a ripping and cleaving noise and as three huge gashes are opened across the titan's face and left shoulder, as though swiped with claws as colossal as its own.  Half up into a sitting position  the Titan rocks to the side and raises its left arm against the unseen attacker, trying to shield itself as it rolls onto its knees. 

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2021, 10:16:39 am »

Creation gets caught under one of the beast's knuckles and is reduced to red paste
['Oly fuck, RIP.]

[Action to follow later.]

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2021, 10:57:09 am »

Youare recovers from the shock of seeing the plan actually work, and snaps back into action.

"Tidily done! Now we've crippled it, we need to split up and harass it from different angles. Something this size could kill all of us instantly if we clump up."

Youare runs towards the giant, away from the other homunculi, and attempts to drive his needle into a joint of the non-ruined leg, or the nearest arm, whichever's more accessible.

Spoiler: Youare (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:21:09 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2021, 11:03:49 am »

Quote from: Fire and Glory
['Oly fuck, RIP.]
Rest in Paste indeed. Rent in pieces.

Decant, inspect my glorious new body, gather and don my robe, gloves, and needle, familiarize myself quickly with the campus also, I suppose, shower off the vat juices, preferably before putting on my clothes), then, if the cavern so guides, head through the portal into the snow.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2021, 01:13:01 pm »

(The traditional Piecewise Game Instagib.)

Drip pants as he stands back up, trying to see the license plate of the truck that hit him.

Just go needle poke the thing in the bum.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »

(The traditional Piecewise Game Instagib.)
((That wasn't an insta-gib. I worked very hard to get that death. I failed two magic rolls and four combat rolls (two of which were even before the game started) and was down to one health, by the hand of my own creations - before the monster splattered me. I rolled three ones for that death.

I'd have been disappointed if I hadn't died at that point.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2021, 02:44:47 pm »

Run up and turn the WOLF TITAN into a TIT (a type of bird FYI)
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2021, 05:48:43 pm »

All right you oversized mutt!!  Let’s finish this!” The Speaker says to the titan.

Evade the arm and climb onto the titan’s back.  Once there, go for the brain stem again.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2021, 08:05:08 pm »

Bob realized now he would need to spend some time studying geometry, angles, and physics when they returned, lest his attempt to adjust a falling giant's course got him squished the next time it happened. But that was for later. It was stabbin' time now.

Bob stabs the closest part of the Wolf Titan that Bob can reach easily. If there are no suitably nearby parts for stabbing, Bob attempts to control some of those belts from the belt ball to wrap around the handle of his Needle and lift it to stab into the Wolf Titan's ear canal. Or its eye. Dealer's choice, really, as long as it is on the head and important to the Wolf Titan's abilities of perception.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2021, 09:46:55 pm »

”We have him now! Keep it up!”

Grey drops the spell on the buildings and then Maintains his body, charges in and attempts to stab the beast in the side of one of its knees.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 03:13:26 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2021, 02:56:25 am »

"Oh god I almost died."
See if I can't find any more ammo or spare mags for the gun I found. if I can't find any just go stab the wolf thing in the ass with the needle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 116