Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131298 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #675 on: August 03, 2021, 12:02:14 am »

"Alright, knock yourself out. From what Debby told me you really don't want to get soaked while wearing it so I'm not keen on bringing it out to sea."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 03, 2021, 04:39:10 am »

"If we're gonna be fighting in a storm will we be given flares or flare guns to aid in seeing what's going on, also will we get the rifles and axes before the fight or during?"
Ask the questions, and look around and see if there happens to be any useful items sitting around for me to take.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 03, 2021, 01:02:00 pm »

"it does make sense to split into two groups, hunters to go with the ship, and investigators to try to discover what happened to cause all this, I guess. I don't like the way Genesis is antagonizing the good captain here, But I think I'll go with him and help him look into what might have happened here."
statement of intent, also, I'm paying close attention to the sensations I'm feeling from my air-wings, for example their sense of touch and what it feels like when the wind blows or if they brush someone next to me. I am attempting to keep them still so they don't disturb the others around me.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:08:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 03, 2021, 01:16:40 pm »

"You'll thank me when the 'good' captain here sails his ship into a maelstrom and sinks it with all hands ... except ours.
Or if he actually listens and we can go with reasonable preparations and roles, and not just as an afterthought - a tool to be tossed into the sea to no purpose.

I bet our all tongues (even Speaker) could help by getting information from the waves and winds. At least we'd be forewarned a little."

Spoiler: Updated link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 11:13:29 pm by Ozarck »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 04, 2021, 08:18:23 pm »

((The captain isn’t going to respond to the speaker?))
Not if its not bolded I'm not.  Mostly because chances of me even noticing it are slim.

((There.  I bonded it (or at least I tried to, the result is a little wonky).))

((Ok.  This time it should be fixed properly.  I changed it so that only The Speaker’s individual responses (and his “action”) are bolded.))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 04, 2021, 11:39:28 pm »

((I don't think PW's gonna go back to a post made two turns ago to respond to a series of innane babbles individually, Cat. Just post a new action that says something like "Continue Speaker's series of inane misunderstandings, directed at the Captain, await response."

As RP, I am quite amused by Speaker's silliness, but it's probably not something the GM should be dealing with on a line by line basis.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #681 on: August 05, 2021, 04:42:50 pm »

Questions for the shitty captain. any question that is a repeat of previous ones, I am specifically asking for more details, or for who to ask for more details.
Genesis will not be getting on this guy's ship until we have an understanding, so no auto moving him with the group.

Edit: Borrowing the hammer pendant from Grey. He's agreed.

"So monsters you know nothing about appear with the storms and kill your crews and sink your ships and your plan is to sail out into the storm with a bunch of volunteers and get killed and sunk, and you expect no backtalk from us, eh? I don't like that situation at all, and will be remaining on ground until we have a better grasp of what's happening here.

Now, some questions:
1) what kind of hammer are we talking about? claw? ball peen? double headed? Is the hammer described as moving or stationary? how big? Wwhat proportion between the head and the handle?
You say the hammer is mentioned as rising in the fog. has it been seen clear of the fog at all? if so, what color, what material?
2) what more can you tell us about rods of bounty - origin, shape, function? If you know nothing or only a little, where can we get that information?
3) When did the fishing start to become noticeably better? When did the losses begin to occur? have they occurred at a set rate since then, or grown in frequency and power? Waxed and waned wiht a rhythm? if the last, what rhythm? are the events all tied to storms, or does the fish catch occur at all times?
4) What events happened within a month prior to the start of the boon and bane you have been experiencing? anything out of the ordinary? Did you have any migrants from the farms come through port, go to sea, and get lost with a ship?
5) Do you expect to set sail immediately for war? are we not to have an opportunity to scout the danger first?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

1) "Some part of it, maybe head or limb, is shaped like a "T". They always see it side on like that, looming up above the deck. Size I can't tell ye, the fish in a sailor's tale is always growing. And Like I told the others, I get different tales depending on the man who returns. Some say squid tentacles, others giant crab claw, another said gray blue flesh covered in suckers and coral. One said white armored hide like an insect's. Some repeats in their reports but nothing concrete. If I had to guess, its either some sort of group of beasts or some sort of chimeric thing resembling many others. "

2)"Nothing really. Never seen one. Just know they're metal rods that they embed in fields inland. Make the plants grow bigger or something akin to that. It isn't my specialty."

3) "Catch grew better maybe 6 months ago, first attack is harder to say. We already hunt great beasts of the sea so the loss of a ship isn't unheard of. But the first we noticed was when three smaller ships vanished. A few survivors washed up days later and told us about the Hammer. Since then most have attributed any loss to it. We've had 7 more we know were connected though. The first three were lost about 4 months ago. 3 months ago the boss forbade anyone from going out into the storm so we've not had  an attack since then...least until last week. We lost another ship on a foggy day, this time closer to the bay. We could hear it go down from here. Crushed by the sound of it. No survivors."

4)He thinks a while. "Well, let me reckon the times a bit. But the boss might be a better one to ask. He's always around town while I spend most my days at sea."

5)"We're sailing out with the goal of killing the beast, but I ain't no fool. I've hunted leviathan before. We're not charging headlong in. We've got boats for scouting, hot air balloon for long range sighting, the works."

Alright, take some ROCK FRAGMENTS and make a GAR MONSTER. Seeking to make a giant fish as big as possible. I’d like to have some way to communicate with it, maybe a whistle it can pick up on?. If there’s no way to remotely communicate, tell it to start hunting the monster, then send it on its way. In any case, I’ll toss it in the water.

Edit- obviously I’m not going to drop a giant fish on the city. I’ll either go to somewhere with clear water, or I’ll just collect the fragments and wait until I’m at a place that’s clear.

You know what? I’ll just make a ROC out of a ROCK instead.

Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

[3]
Your spell produces....a stone chicken. Not even a living one, just a stone chicken statue. Well...ok.

Ask the captain for command over the weapons systems and a sword.

“Sir, if you don’t mind, could I have a weapon, like a sword maybe?  And while on the topic of weapons it seems like a good idea for me to take control of the weapons systems so you can focus on steering.”
"No."

Grey offers his feather shaped saber to Greed.

"Here, you can have my sword. It's magic you know."

While Genesis is being difficult, Grey gets rid of the spell in his needle and puts in a new one, Maintain the condition of everyone aboard this ship.

Grey tosses his pendant to Genesis too.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[2]
Nah.

Also "Maintain condition" could very easily mean "Freeze everyone in place". Be careful.

"If we're gonna be fighting in a storm will we be given flares or flare guns to aid in seeing what's going on, also will we get the rifles and axes before the fight or during?"
Ask the questions, and look around and see if there happens to be any useful items sitting around for me to take.
"If I can avoid fighting it in the storm then I will. With luck we'll be able to lure it out into calmer seas; its gotten more brazen lately so its not an impossible task. If we are forced to fight in the storm, we have magnesium flares and floodlights. Also luminous shells: hollow metal bombs filled with glowing material. Should coat the beast itself and make it more visible."

[2]
Is a rock useful?

"it does make sense to split into two groups, hunters to go with the ship, and investigators to try to discover what happened to cause all this, I guess. I don't like the way Genesis is antagonizing the good captain here, But I think I'll go with him and help him look into what might have happened here."
statement of intent, also, I'm paying close attention to the sensations I'm feeling from my air-wings, for example their sense of touch and what it feels like when the wind blows or if they brush someone next to me. I am attempting to keep them still so they don't disturb the others around me.

The air wings don't have strong sensations. They're not dead objects, but they're not finger tips either. Like a foot thats gone mostly numb, you feel their extent and movement mostly through how it effects your "normal" body.

"You'll thank me when the 'good' captain here sails his ship into a maelstrom and sinks it with all hands ... except ours.
Or if he actually listens and we can go with reasonable preparations and roles, and not just as an afterthought - a tool to be tossed into the sea to no purpose.

I bet our all tongues (even Speaker) could help by getting information from the waves and winds. At least we'd be forewarned a little."

(Bear in mind the mundane know little or nothing of what Homunculi can do. Also bear in mind you might not be the only group of homunculi...there's a reason you bear a specific mark.)

((The captain isn’t going to respond to the speaker?))
Not if its not bolded I'm not.  Mostly because chances of me even noticing it are slim.

((There.  I bonded it (or at least I tried to, the result is a little wonky).))

((Ok.  This time it should be fixed properly.  I changed it so that only The Speaker’s individual responses (and his “action”) are bolded.))
Funny as all that is, the Captain is going to look at that load of nonsense and just ignore you. He's probably gonna assume you didn't get formed quite right.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 05, 2021, 05:53:02 pm »

The Speaker walks over to Genesis.

So, we’re looking for a hammer?  As in a tool that somebody accidentally dropped overboard?

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:47:44 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 05, 2021, 06:38:31 pm »

Also "Maintain condition" could very easily mean "Freeze everyone in place". Be careful.
Good point, that'd be embarrassing.

"Can you add us all to the crew roster before we set sail? It's for magic purposes."

Grey makes his request.

Regardless of what comes of that, Grey has heard enough and is ready to move on to the ship whenever.

Grey also Maintains Greed's ability to breathe if he really wants it, and lets Greed know that it is not Grey's fault if anything bad happens.

Lastly, if we get moving to the boat and Luta manages to spawn more rifles than they can carry, Grey grabs one.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 08:42:34 am by Fire and Glory »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 05, 2021, 08:09:24 pm »

Go find the armory, and also see if I can make the ship invisible.  Then go ask the guy who can use the maintain spell and ask him to maintain my ability to breath.  Then go stick my head in a water barrel and test my capabilities.  Then boat team.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:43:30 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 05, 2021, 08:18:37 pm »

Then go ask the guy who can use the maintain spell and ask him to maintain my ability to breath.
"This is a bad idea."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:40:31 pm by Fire and Glory »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 05, 2021, 08:30:37 pm »

”Well, it’s a step in the right direction.”
Chip at a rock a bit, then use the WHITE ROCK FLAKES to make RIFLES, and a HOTCAKE, because why not.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 05, 2021, 08:43:55 pm »

"Luta, do you want to link needles with me?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 05, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »

Quote from: Fire and Glory
Quote from: BlackPaladin99
Then go ask the guy who can use the maintain spell and ask him to maintain my ability to breath.
"This is a bad idea."

Do it anyway~

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:44 pm »

To the captain:
"Our information suggests this issue is caused by a misplaced rod of bounty, which is why we have been asking about that. Likely, the rod of bounty is what is causing the cathc to be numerous and the creatures to be larger and more troublesome. If you spot some unnatural object, removing that object may be the key to your troubles, though you may still have some enlarged creatures left to deal with. But it doesn't matter how many beasts you slay, if the rod is not isolated from them. Our orders include retrieving the rod and disposing of it ourselves, so I would request that the rod be handed over to one of us if it falls into your hands. Meanwhile I, and a few of our group, will stay here on ground for now to speak with your boss and to do some additional intel work. We'll keep you updated with what we learn about this particular rod. Hopefully we can find something of use to you." Genesis starts to turn away, then turns back. "We should be able to catch up to you in transit should our services be better used on ship. Our compatriots will know how to reach us in that event. Ah, please direct us to your boss, and send us a token of introduction so we don't have to explain ourselves."

To Tess and any others who are staying on shore to investigate:
"We have a few avenues we can pursue here. We can talk with this boss person, we can speak to the locals, especially the dock hands and any sailors who have experience in these matters, we can move inland and seek out any farm areas that have recently lost their rods. I recommend we have on all tongue remain with us, and the other go on ship. Debby, I think you'd be better suited to be our liaison on ship, while I think I'd feel more comfortable keeping my eye on The Speaker."

Forming Shore Team and Ship Team.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 116