Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 125866 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Occam's Razor
« Reply #480 on: July 13, 2021, 03:05:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think if the witch killed their master unprovoked, then killing said witch is justified

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2021, 05:45:36 am »

Youare speaks directly to the strange figure.

"We aren't here to dispense justice. We're here to pacify a structure. Presumably before it commits any massacres. We shall not let them go. Further help would be appreciated, but we will pursue the frog regardless."

Youare looks around for the conduit after speaking, making sure it's reasonably safe.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 13, 2021, 07:17:45 am »

Ignore the dude and look around to see if my monster truck is still here.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 13, 2021, 07:40:00 pm »

Add my thoughts to the mix.
"I think I would like to see this through. I don't think this Elias would like to see his adopted daughter's home engage in war like this. I agree that we should at least try to turn them aside and bring justice rather than revenge. I don't know anything about the previous mission these others were on, but I suppose we should try to protect civilians as well.

But what is the second question only we can answer, sir?"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 13, 2021, 08:07:50 pm »

try to make a laser.  even if that fails try to bend light so that none of it reaches the nearest persons eyes. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:24:05 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2021, 09:02:59 pm »

What harm could come from letting things take their course?”, The Speaker asks.

And by the way, if I may ask, who are you?

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
What harm could come from preventing it? Ask yourself both.

An observer. And arbitrator, from time to time.

"well that depends, can they still be branded with her magic? Does she live in an isolated area, free of colateral? Given our purpose and our last mission, I cannot condone letting a massive titan wreak havoc on a town, and I also cannot condone them being subverted to wreak havoc on a different town."
Say my piece and grab some pocket sand
They could be. And no, she lives in a town of 439 people.

"Allowing the constructs to enact vengeance for the murder of their master would be just. However speaking as someone who has to clean up the mess, I would prefer that justice did not take the form of open warfare. I do not know what it takes to destabilize a region with magic, but I think the fighting between a mage and one or two hundred extremely magical constructs, and the eventual destruction of one of those two parties could be enough to do it."

"I say the frog should be stopped, for the sake of preventing the fallout that could persist for years to come."

Grey speaks his mind and looks around to see if the stone truck from earlier can be seen in the distance.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
Well put.

The stone truck is sadly nowhere to be seen.

"Well I say let them have they're revenge, so what if we have to clean up afterwards, I mean it's what we do."
See if I still have Elizabeth.
It is indeed.

Liz is still with you, sitting in your arms. She seems kind of...distant. Just sort of looking at the sky.

"I don't think I know enough to properly answer, to be honest, but if you want me to make my best attempt I can try. I would like to attempt to talk them out of it, allow an impartial party to provide their retribution, to give them justice and consolation instead of vengeance and satisfaction. But if justice can't be otherwise served, then I'd let them go about it. I don't think murder should go unpunished, I just think revenge creates additional victims and harm, and leaves behind an emptiness when you get your revenge and realize that it doesn't make anything better."

The man does not respond but something about him seems like he's smiling in a rather knowing way.

I think if the witch killed their master unprovoked, then killing said witch is justified

A curious answer. Not quite here or there.

Youare speaks directly to the strange figure.

"We aren't here to dispense justice. We're here to pacify a structure. Presumably before it commits any massacres. We shall not let them go. Further help would be appreciated, but we will pursue the frog regardless."

Youare looks around for the conduit after speaking, making sure it's reasonably safe.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Ardent zeal. Commendable.

Ignore the dude and look around to see if my monster truck is still here.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)

Sadly it is not. At least nowhere nearby. Hell, even those ruins you started in are nowhere to be seen.

Add my thoughts to the mix.
"I think I would like to see this through. I don't think this Elias would like to see his adopted daughter's home engage in war like this. I agree that we should at least try to turn them aside and bring justice rather than revenge. I don't know anything about the previous mission these others were on, but I suppose we should try to protect civilians as well.

But what is the second question only we can answer, sir?"

He nods to the first phrase, but the second one draws a more somber reaction.

I'm afraid it is.

try to make a laser.  even if that fails try to bend light so that none of it reaches the nearest persons eyes. 
[1][+1 fate point]
Over a little ways from the group, Greed attempts to summon a laser. He...kind of does. Its less like a laser and more like a flashbang. Minus the bang, and with the flash turned up to 11. Then turned up some more. Then turned up so far the knob got twisted off. The only positive thing is that because he's an elemental he can't HURT himself with his element. But he does blow off his gloves, most of his robe, melt his two swords, and render himself temporarily blind.  He does, however, get an instant tan. Sexy.

The man listens to everyone and then nods to himself. Without a word he turns back to the horizon and the Toad slowly vanishing into the distance.  The man reaches out and...plucks the frog off the horizon. Its just as small as it was at a distance, but now held between his two fingers. He looks at it curiously for a few moments before carefully placing it in his pocket. He pats his pocket gently and says something too quietly to hear before turning back to the group.

Now, the second question.

He points at Genesis.

Should he live?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #486 on: July 13, 2021, 09:10:00 pm »

Genesis blinks a couple times, then stands straight, plants the point of his needle at his feet, and faces the group, one hand resting on the top of his needle.
"For those of you who don't know. I killed one of us, a few minutes ago. I'd do it again, too."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #487 on: July 13, 2021, 09:12:29 pm »

Genesis blinks a couple times, then stands straight, plants the point of his needle at his feet, and faces the group, one hand resting on the top of his needle.
"For those of you who don't know. I killed one of us, a few minutes ago. I'd do it again, too."

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Why did you kill one of us? I thought we were allies! I was under the impression we were supposed to work together

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2021, 09:15:28 pm »

I turn to look at genesis, about to ask the obvious question, but was beaten to it, so remain silent and wait for his answer.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2021, 09:38:21 pm »

"In my opinion, he was putting the mission and all of us at risk. Several of us, who made it into Elias' home, started stripping it of valuables, while Elias hjimself lay in the middle of the floor and his beloved creations gatehred around him to cry.

That giant moving mansion's avatar, a brass frog in a room of brass and stone, implored us to help her master. She welcomed us in hope that we could make things right, and in my eyes we disgraced ourselves as nothing more than common thieves and grave robbers. And I meant to stop that. We're better than that."

Genesis scans the group, eyes resting on Flameo's axes and Debby's sword momentarily.

"I overlooked some petty looting from some who were at least trying to help solve our problem, but when we started sweeping all we could carry into a bedsheet to haul off across the bloodstained floor in full view of the teary eyes of the forlorn, I lost patience."

Genesis sneered, glancing pointedly at the very illuminated form of Greed.

"As if those things could compare to the raw power we wield anyway."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 13, 2021, 09:41:42 pm »

My eyes harden in response to Genesis's statements.
"Was a proper warning issued?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 13, 2021, 09:51:04 pm »

"Both before and after I put my needle through his chest."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 13, 2021, 09:54:08 pm »

"And after you... so you warned him, stabbed him, warned him again, and then... what? or was the stab itself a lethal blow, and the 'warning' after superflous?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 13, 2021, 10:13:34 pm »

Genesis scowls mildly.

"The second warning was not superfluous. He could have walked out of here with everything he wanted, with a little patience."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 13, 2021, 10:23:31 pm »

I stare for a few moments longer, then turn to the man
"He should live, but still be penalized in some milder than death way, as is fitting for what was done, and more importantly, the reasons behind why he did what he did."
I give my answer

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 116