Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131784 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: The Turn where everyone failed to be productive
« Reply #1380 on: January 09, 2022, 04:01:25 am »

"This armour I have also came from the pit if that helps."
See how Elizabeth is doing and poke around the pit some more and see if I can't find any items that might tell us about what happened or be helpful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 09, 2022, 10:25:54 am »

(PW said that Lenglon can choose if they got grabbed or not, in the absence of input it looks like only Grey and Hugh will have to deal with what comes next.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:08:58 am by Fire and Glory »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 09, 2022, 11:25:00 am »

((PW you missed my post, I was trying to talk to the book lady.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 09, 2022, 01:59:09 pm »

You didn't bold an action. looked like RP, and also, the lady is already ignoring another homunculus, so she'd likely be ignoring yours as well, since what he is saying seems irrelevant to what she is saying.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 09, 2022, 02:47:53 pm »

Aaron is greatly relieved to hear the newcomer is here on the same mission as he and the rest. As a result, he stands his needle point down on the ground, and leans on the handle.

"Apologies for my distrust. I'm Aaron, the cognizant Genisis speaks of. If I can be of any assistance, I am ready to help."

Having introduced himself, and offered his assistance, Aaron attempts to know how near the nearest creature animated by the black magic is.

((Also, Grey and Hugh, that is quite a pickle you are in. Best of luck in surviving impact.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 09, 2022, 06:50:46 pm »

((sorry for my absence, literally moved. am now settled in my new home and am using my phone for internet while I wait for the primary internet service to be installed in the next few days))
Thank you for not including me in that, I'm continuing to follow the glove in the more traditional way, and am going to occasionally glance through my needle to trace Gray's thread and see how his travel is going.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 09, 2022, 09:50:29 pm »

<snip>

You have about a minute left until you "stop".   

<snip>

"Hugh! I miscalculated! When we stop it's not going to be good! I can think of a few ways to get out of this without dying but none that get us where we're trying to go! Do you have any ideas?"

((You have no idea how hard it was not to have Hugh think for a minute before responding…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1387 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:43 pm »

Wasn't bolded! She'd ignore you anyways like she ignored the needle pointed at her head.

"Our Cognizant" Genesis gestures at Aaron, "did say that both the target we are pursuing and this lance are from a pre-Covenant war of some kind. One of our other teammates got a bird's eye view of the area here and there are a lot more of these craters around. this weapon was apparently designed to kill magical entities and is very effective at it. Likely each of the craters contains something similar, if not identical. The entity we are pursuing is capable at least of creating plant creatures out of gourds and controlling them from some distance. mmm, the sky itself is tinted with the magic of whatever this is, so what we are dealing with has quite a wide reach. One of our fellows looked through his needle at the entity and got an eye full of blood for it. Whatever it is is gearing up for a war that is long over. Also it has kidnapped at least eight people recently. Random villagers from two different villages as far as we can tell.

That's all I recall at the moment. We haven't gotten far in our investigations. Some villagers seemed to know or suspect something but we weren't able to get much info from them, except about the mysterious entity stealing crops (which it turns into gourd monsters, apparently).

Do you need to dispose of this lance?"

Attempt to recall any details I forgot to mention.
"I will need that lance...but not yet." Sharpe says, and raises both hands. She places her palms together and then spreads them open in a way that mimics opening a book. Semi-translucent pages of light appear and flutter between her hands. After a moment they stop moving and she leans closer to examine whatever is on them.

"Records from those times are scant, even within our library. The Magi created constantly, iterating infinitely, sharpening ideas to a needle point. They never kept track, the mundane never saw the big picture, and the mages were nothing but soldiers with only scattered memories."

She is silent for a few moments, reading.

"Best guess is that this is one of the choir types. They were generally support types."

She raises one hand and the page she's looking at enlarges so that everyone can see it. The text on the page is gibberish to the group but the image is of what could only be described as a god-like being upon a throne, carried by countless other strange and beautiful things. Its done in a style of art that none recognize but that is clearly quite old.  She points to the periphery of the image, at what appear to be lines of worshippers, including women singing.

"They'd sing the Magi's praises, empower the armies, raise the dead, heal the injured, that sort of thing. An old Homunculi, barely more than an organic automata.  Whatever is here sounds like it might fit this type. Maybe its some sort of attack focused variant or maybe it just went unstable over the millennia. Either way, even though its only a peripheral member of the retinue it will be a challenging beast in these more peaceful days. "

"This armour I have also came from the pit if that helps."
See how Elizabeth is doing and poke around the pit some more and see if I can't find any items that might tell us about what happened or be helpful.
Liz is pretty entranced by the pretty pictures and the new lady. She even shushes you when you try to talk over the explanation. You shrug and put her down at the edge of the pit to listen while you poke around.   [3] You find nothing of particular use.

Aaron is greatly relieved to hear the newcomer is here on the same mission as he and the rest. As a result, he stands his needle point down on the ground, and leans on the handle.

"Apologies for my distrust. I'm Aaron, the cognizant Genisis speaks of. If I can be of any assistance, I am ready to help."

Having introduced himself, and offered his assistance, Aaron attempts to know how near the nearest creature animated by the black magic is.

((Also, Grey and Hugh, that is quite a pickle you are in. Best of luck in surviving impact.))
[?]
The nearest creature animated by black magic is....14 feet away.

((sorry for my absence, literally moved. am now settled in my new home and am using my phone for internet while I wait for the primary internet service to be installed in the next few days))
Thank you for not including me in that, I'm continuing to follow the glove in the more traditional way, and am going to occasionally glance through my needle to trace Gray's thread and see how his travel is going.

His travel appears to be going QUICKLY.

Hopefully you we can teleport before we hit a tree!  Hopefully you can create a new spell before we hit a tree!  None looks better than the other!  We may fail!  We may succeed!  It’s as though our success was dependent on the roll of a die!  Ho! Ho! Ho!
"Alright, spell it is! Hold on!"

Grey destroys the spell hurtling him through the forest and immediately forms a new one, Maintain the health of Grey and Hugh, spending 1 fate on the spell. Let fate take the wheel, ho ho ho.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)

Hugh awaits the inevitable.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((What about Tess?  I thought she was tucked under Hugh’s arm.))
Hopefully you we can teleport before we hit a tree!  Hopefully you can create a new spell before we hit a tree!  None looks better than the other!  We may fail!  We may succeed!  It’s as though our success was dependent on the roll of a die!  Ho! Ho! Ho!
"Alright, spell it is! Hold on!"

Grey creates a shield with his gloves, destroys the spell hurtling him through the forest and immediately forms a new one: Maintain the health of Grey and Hugh, spending 1 fate on the spell. Let fate take the wheel, ho ho ho.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
[2,1]
Grey breaks the current spell as he activates a new one. The new one....completely fails to happen at all. Uh oh. He just as time to scream to Hugh to create a shield and cross his own arms before things get loud. [5,4][-4 HP Gray] Grey and Hugh have their shields up when the spell breaks and is no longer there to guide them around trees or keep them aloft. And so they no longer avoid the trees and no longer stay in the air. The initial impact sends them tumbling and the shields only protect from the front so the subsequent several seconds are mostly a blur of green, pain, and light from burning gloves.  When they finally do come to a rest in some underbrush they have very little coherent memory of the impact. Hugh sits up from the bushes and looks around. Forest. Yep, that checks out. Probably not dead. He looks at his arms. Yep, still there, always good. Gloves are burnt right off though. Legs are similarly intact. He pats his body down a bit. Everything still seems to be in its proper place and not crushed or torn or broken in half.  He stands up, woozy at first, but manages to keep his balance and look around.  Gray is laying a bit further away, against a tree. There's a broken tree branch jutting out of his stomach. Hugh can't tell if he was impaled and then landed here or if its a branch from the tree he's on. Either way, not great. Gray waves weakly.

"Another happy landing..."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Gotta Go FAST!
« Reply #1388 on: January 13, 2022, 10:33:02 pm »

Grey lies in place reviewing his life so far.

Injuries suffered:4
Deaths narrowly avoided:2

He groans and brings up his needle.

"Debby. I got myself hurt and I need your help, will you come?"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:02:52 am by Fire and Glory »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #1389 on: January 13, 2022, 11:22:50 pm »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic ca-?"

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 05:24:50 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 13, 2022, 11:57:11 pm »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic can you leave this rude lady?"

Sunny beseeches the magical abilities of this woman to cease being apart of her.

((Given that she’s a humonculus, wouldn’t that kill her?  Also, wouldn’t this be considered betraying the Magi?

<snip>

You are a Homunculus. You have been created for the purpose of carrying out our will. Do your work well and you will be rewarded. Fail or betray us and you will be destroyed.

<snip>

))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 11:59:16 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 14, 2022, 12:13:42 am »

Frowning at the ladies lack of manners, Sunny decides to teach her some. "Rude!" the homunculi says sounding uncharacteristically annoyed "You seem to use magic? Hm, well magic can you leave this rude lady?"

Sunny beseeches the magical abilities of this woman to cease being apart of her.

((Given that she’s a humonculus, wouldn’t that kill her?  Also, wouldn’t this be considered betraying the Magi?
(Investigation corps Homunculi seem to be formed through magic but not powered by it, way back when Genesis stabbed that looter fellow with a needle he didn't die from terminal magic drainage or anything. Of course, she's not investigation corps so it's anyone's guess there.)

(Probably a good idea not to piss her off in any case.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:37:31 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 14, 2022, 01:01:21 am »

Hugh dusts himself off.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Now… that wasn’t so bad, was it?”, he says with a hearty laugh.

Now then.  You wouldn’t happen to have an extra pair of gloves, would you?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 14, 2022, 01:22:51 am »

Hugh dusts himself off.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Now… that wasn’t so bad, was it?”, he says with a hearty laugh.

Now then.  You wouldn’t happen to have an extra pair of gloves, would you?
Grey's impaled demeanor indicates that he disagrees.

"I'm fresh out, sorry."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 14, 2022, 01:37:38 am »

Hugh speaks into his needle:  “Ho! Ho! Ho!  Would any of you happen to have an extra pair of gloves… and a doctor, perhaps?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 116