Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131990 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1305 on: December 07, 2021, 09:21:22 am »

'Don't get yourself killed. If it doesn't work out, we have other ways to discharge magic that might be safer, mostly."
"I'll shield myself best I can. Once it finds no purchase on me the spell might come after you no matter the distance between us, so I'll warn you when the time comes."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 07, 2021, 12:07:32 pm »

I come back down and land back in the group.
"I didn't see much from above, just a slightly odd scattering of depressions in the surrounding landscape, the tree cover is too thick for decent air scouting."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 07, 2021, 04:53:44 pm »

"Mmf. Everyone be on your guard against unexploded magical ordinance from here in."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 08, 2021, 04:30:02 am »

"I'm going to to say no to the idea of doing surgery on my face by the way."
"I was never gonna suggest surgery I meant we should use some of the bandages on your eye to at least stop the bleeding."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 08, 2021, 05:32:52 am »

"Genesis told me the bleeding is in the tear duct, I'm not sure it can be bandaged in a meaningful way. I appreciate your concern though, sorry for being abrasive."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 08, 2021, 07:20:35 am »

"It's all right I'm just worried it might damage your sight, perhaps we could make an eye patch or something."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 08, 2021, 07:53:07 am »

"It should keep until we get back I think. If it gets really bad I'll let you know and you can try your magic on it."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 08, 2021, 03:47:47 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Possessed, was she?!”,  says Hugh.  He then rubs his chin.  “…That might be a problem…

"I thought they might be abducting and possessing people. So we have that to look forward to. If a possessed human attacks us, try not to hurt them if possible. If you can push hte magic out of them we can probably rescue them. Debby, if you are done with those things, I'll store them in my sleeve

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Yes!  That sounds like the best course of action!  Well said!  We exist because of the covenants, after all.  We should go destroying people, when we can help them!”, Hugh states his agreement with Genesis.

"When we get moving again I'm going to get some distance from the group. I need to discharge some hazardous magic and I don't want any of you in range when it goes off. I'll catch up by teleporting when I'm done or if any of you get attacked."

“Ho! Ho! Ho!  Yes!  Best to do that when you’re away from the group!  Shall I make things go faster by eating the distance between you and a far enough away place?, Hugh inquires.

”Mm…yes that’d be good Hugh. I want to save on time and get this magic gone quick as I can.”

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Here we go!

Hugh eats the distance between Grey and a spot on the trail about 3 miles away.  Afterwards, Hugh stays with the group, always on guard, needle at the ready, occasionally scanning his surroundings (including the ground), both with his needle, and without.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((Reply received.  Action edited.))

((Btw, If we ever get to the place where the gourds are being controlled from, do you think it’ll be guarded by gourds that are on their guard?))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:14:33 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 08, 2021, 07:03:59 pm »

”Mm…yes that’d be good Hugh. I want to save on time and get this magic gone quick as I can.”

((I don’t think they’ve been alerted yet but it does look like we might be dealing with a small army of gourds and people protecting a spellslinger of sorts at the heart of things. Should be rather fun))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:12:10 pm by Fire and Glory »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 08, 2021, 08:17:44 pm »

((Oh it's wordplay, hur. It'll be guarded by gourds but maybe not on their guard.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 09, 2021, 03:35:56 am »

(But what do we do if the Gourd Guard is on guard?)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 09, 2021, 08:54:33 am »

(Disregard the Gourd Guards, if our path is barred they will find themselves charred and marred.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1317 on: December 09, 2021, 03:34:10 pm »

"It seems the monsters attacked the traveler, and one of them transferred it's animating magic into her. The blood on the rock shows this. It has a faint trace of the black slimy magic.

Aaron attempts to pick up the magic in the blood with his needle.

You poke the blood with the tip of your needle and the thin wisps of black magic disappear into it.

"I thought they might be abducting and possessing people. So we have that to look forward to. If a possessed human attacks us, try not to hurt them if possible. If you can push hte magic out of them we can probably rescue them. Debby, if you are done with those things, I'll store them in my sleeve

Store the contents of the pack, and the pack, in my sleeve. Don't complain if one or two small items go missing, but if anyone gets greedy, do complain. With pointed looks. Heh heh. get it? pointed? Because of the needle? Also, I am dropping my links with Bob and Flame since they have been inactive for so long.

Look for a hand sized rock. Do the thing where I sew a glove onto it so that the glove stays on but doesn't merge with the rock. Tehn imbue the rock with the animating magic from my needle with the intent of having the animating magic try to return home. If this works as intended, I'll have a homing Roomba with a spy cam strapped prominently to it's top. If it does work somehow, follow the rock. If hte rock attacks instead, tap it with the needle to remove the magic again.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
You store the pack and its contents.

[1]
You sew the rock and glove together....or you try at least. Both the glove the the rock explode into little bits.  Shucks.

"Kind of strange they didn't bring a map with them all the way out here, and there's a first aid kit in here and I think we might need to use some of it's contents on Grey's eye since it's still bleeding, also does anyone mind if I take one of the sewing needles I need it for something I'm gonna try to do when we get back to base."
Look at the books and see what they're about and what the medicine is, then give the bag and it's contents to Genesis.
The books are an almanac, what looks like a book of psalms, and a picture book about a field mouse learning the value of hard work and planning.  The medicine...well you can't tell much about it just from looking. Small white tablets, and small pink tablets. Hand made though, not manufactured. Glass bottles but no labels.

"Possession makes sense, I can't find any evidence of someone being dragged out of here unconscious or against their will."

"Kind of strange they didn't bring a map with them all the way out here, and there's a first aid kit in here and I think we might need to use some of it's contents on Grey's eye since it's still bleeding, also does anyone mind if I take one of the sewing needles I need it for something I'm gonna try to do when we get back to base."
"So far there's only one path, likely they had directions or know the terrain. I'm going to to say no to the idea of doing surgery on my face by the way."

"When we get moving again I'm going to get some distance from the group. I need to discharge some hazardous magic and I don't want any of you in range when it goes off. I'll catch up by teleporting when I'm done or if any of you get attacked."

Grey grabs a glance at the books out of curiosity but is otherwise uninterested in the backpack's contents.

If Genesis can't get his rock to cooperate, Grey suggests the group keep heading along on the path, so long as we're still heading east.

Grey wants to be far away from here and Hugh has offered to teleport him, so he'll cooperate with whatever Hugh does.
If Hugh can't manage a teleport, then once the group gets moving Grey will start heading the way back we came, seeking to get at least 2 miles away from everyone else. 1 hour of walking should be plenty.

Once at a safe distance from the group, Grey casts a spell on himself: Maintain the magic (or lack of magic) currently permeating Grey's body. No other spell shall enter him. If this spell fails completely then ignore everything that follows. We’re not in a hurry.

Grey then prepares to release the magic inside his needle: Maintain the health and well being of Grey and every Homunculous that is allied with Grey and is within 2 miles of him (1). Before he does, he warns those that he's linked with to be ready to shove the magic out of each other with their gloves if it affects them, just in case. After that he lets loose the spell.

All goes well and Grey is still alive, he teleports back to his Homunculi friends afterwards.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
Ho! Ho! Ho!  Possessed, was she?!”,  says Hugh.  He then rubs his chin.  “…That might be a problem…

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Yes!  That sounds like the best course of action!  Well said!  We exist because of the covenants, after all.  We should go destroying people, when we can help them!”, Hugh states his agreement with Genesis.

“Ho! Ho! Ho!  Yes!  Best to do that when you’re away from the group!  Shall I make things go faster by eating the distance between you and a far enough away place?, Hugh inquires.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Here we go!

Hugh eats the distance between Grey and a spot on the trail about 3 miles away.  Afterwards, Hugh stays with the group, always on guard, needle at the ready, occasionally scanning his surroundings (including the ground), both with his needle, and without.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((Reply received.  Action edited.))

((Btw, If we ever get to the place where the gourds are being controlled from, do you think it’ll be guarded by gourds that are on their guard?))
[1]
Hugh takes a big bite of air and...vanishes. He reappears a mile away....straight up. Its very pretty up there. Unfortunately its also very windy as he begins to fall back towards earth.

Grey, back on the ground, shrugs and starts walking. [2] He tries his "Maintain" spell and it fails. Cheese and crackers!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 09, 2021, 03:52:08 pm »

Oh man, I almost forgot about fate points. Well, try again with my other glove and another rock. Sew them together and imbue the result with the animating magic with the intent of having the thing scurry back to it's point of origin.

I'm just going to assume that my failed experiment distracted me enough that Genesis didn't notice the giant disappearing nearby.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: The Turn where everyone failed to be productive
« Reply #1319 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:57 pm »

Bah, the magic's been most uncooperative lately. Even Hugh's affected by it. No matter, it'll work eventually.

On a path Grey again Maintains the magic or lack of magic permeating his body.

Once far away enough that the group won't be influenced by it, Grey lets loose the spell in his needle: Maintain the health and well being of Grey and every Homunculous that is allied with Grey and is within 2 miles of him (1).

All goes well and Grey is still alive, he teleports back to his Homunculi friends afterwards.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:16:34 am by Fire and Glory »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 116