Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 49302 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #210 on: May 29, 2021, 05:19:40 pm »

Alright, Tric, I honestly don't want to engage with you on account of the whole... everything you do, but I'm gonna so I don't have to watch this nonsense keep going.

TricMagic, if you're not scum, then assume for a minute that I'm not scum (If you are scum, then this is already a known for you). Who are scum?

I'll be honest with you, it's not likely EuchreJack. It's also not likely BluarianKnight. So, you need to pick two from people that aren't included in us four. That means you gotta pick from Jim, FoU, NQT, ToonyMan, or prefuzek. And I'll add a caveat that it's also probably not FoU, just for complexity. You have to convince me on a pair from those four to make me shift my vote.

I am Town, and I do think you're playing better than usual, but I also think it's careful, and that's why I am cautious of you. So, make a good case for a pair from those four, or ignore me and grab from the three I shielded or whatever. I do not think the three I mentioned are scum, so it'll be harder to convince me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2021, 07:16:22 pm »

Alright let's see what these dummies have been doing today.

Jack and Tric fighting

groan

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2021, 07:19:41 pm »

Toaster: You're missing Jim's vote on me in the votecount.

Jim
I have no idea who you are but how familiar are you with the players in this game from reading other games, lurking, whatever?

Quite familiar: You, webadict, notquitethere, Toonyman
Not very familiar: everyone else

But I wouldn't say I have a good handle on anyone's meta tells since I haven't been playing games here.

What is your plan here?

If webadict is here on Day 2 with an inspection result, are you going to believe him? Are you still going to suspect him? What is the value of his inspect to you if you suspect him?

Are you hoping he gets killed on Night 1? Wouldn't that imply you think he's town?

If he's your top suspect isn't he more valuable dead at the end of Day 1, rather than alive on Day 2 with a dubious inspection results?

Are you intimidated by him like he suggests?

I get that you've repeated yourself several times about why you're not voting webadict but your reasons don't make sense.
It's Day 1; I'm not 100% on any of my reads and inspects are valuable. Webadict said they're planning on inspecting me and calling me scum. If that happens then I vote webadict until they are dead. If they inspect me and call me town, I have thoughts about that that I don't want to reveal, but it's a net positive (I think you'll agree that me+web as the scum is unlikely). If they inspect someone else, it's still a valuable inspect. I'm not hoping they get nightkilled night 1 and I'm not sure why you would think that given that I said I want their inspect to happen.

Basically, there's not that much more value from lynching scum D1 than lynching scum D2, and there's a lot of potential value from an inspect. Am I wrong about that?

I don't feel too intimidated by web. I mean, I recognize they're much better and more experienced than me. But I don't want to let that affect my play.

How do you feel about web's plan to call me mafia no matter the inspect result?

Web: Why are you so confident in BluarianKnight, and why have you flipflopped on EuchreJack because of them?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 29, 2021, 07:21:34 pm »

Tric:
Don't drink and Mafia Jack, it makes you slip up. Can you see the chain of reasoning that brought you into this corner?
Why do you care if he sees it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2021, 07:33:47 pm »

Tric:
Don't drink and Mafia Jack, it makes you slip up. Can you see the chain of reasoning that brought you into this corner?
Why do you care if he sees it?

Now we start the bus...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2021, 07:41:24 pm »

@TricMagic:
Why are you still townreading me? I don't get it at all. A lot of players are suspicious of me.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2021, 08:16:34 pm »

4d 61 6d 6f 62 6f 2c 20 79 6f 75 20 68 61 76 65 20 74 6f 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 21

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 1 - prefuzek*,
EuchreJack - 1 - TricMagic*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
notquitethere - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
prefuzek - 1 - Jim Groovester*,
ToonyMan - 1 - notquitethere*,
TricMagic - 4 - EuchreJack*, BluarianKnight*, webadict*, ToonyMan*,
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

Day ends on June 01, 2021 at 22:00 CDT (~73 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2021, 08:17:37 pm »

Mamobo thinks plants are pretty!

Lurker Track
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last post was 7 hours ago.
EuchreJack - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 Last post was 1 hour ago.
FallacyofUrist - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last post was 8 hours ago.
Jim Groovester - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last post was 5 hours ago.
notquitethere - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last post was 8 hours ago.
prefuzek - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Last post was 1 hour ago.
ToonyMan - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Last post was 1 hour ago.
TricMagic - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Last post was 4 hours ago.
webadict - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Last post was 3 hours ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2021, 08:18:53 pm »

@EuchreJack: Nice.

Yeah, okay, I'd vote out NQT based on this activity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2021, 08:34:54 pm »

Toaster: You're missing Jim's vote on me in the votecount.

Fixed, thank you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2021, 10:54:05 pm »

Okay so.

I still think Jack and Jim are town. Jim is acting like I expect town!Jim to and Jack is 90% of this game so far.
NQT has been away, but they said they would so that's pretty null. I still want to know why they gave a reads list like 12 hours into the game so scumlean. I agree with FoU here about NQT for the most part.
Webadict is a complete unknown, but gonna say townlean for now.
TricMagic is not only being sort of comprehensible, but is also townreading me even though I basically haven't been here. Has anybody attacked the Tric wagon so far? Prefuzek?
FoU feels town.
Bluarian and Prefuzek I don't know.

Town
Jack
Jim
FoU

Neutral
Web
Bluarian
Prefuzek

Scum
NQT
TricMagic

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2021, 12:00:57 am »

Web: Why are you so confident in BluarianKnight, and why have you flipflopped on EuchreJack because of them?
Ehhhh... BluarianKnight tends to get angry when cornered as scum, and they haven't been lashing out in this game. Their meta tends to be combative as scum, especially when focused, and they were trying to reason their way out of this one. It's why I'm pretty sure it's not BluarianKnight. As for why I flipflopped, that's just because BK can be perceptive at times. Maybe they saw something I didn't. EuchreJack went out of their way to explain their motives behind their actions, but that'll make sure they're not the elim target for some time.

What it really means is that there are a certain subsect of players that could totally be scum, but I haven't fully deduced them yet. Maybe that's because at least one is within the less communicative group. Maybe it's because it's you and TricMagic. The point is that I'm willing to listen to reasons and deduce the right course of action.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2021, 01:29:06 am »

@Prefuzek: What are your impressions on NQT's lurking? Likelihood of them being scum?

@NQT: Please post your reads list immediately.  Thank you!

FOS: NQT

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2021, 04:15:36 am »

TricMagic and EuchreJack OMGUSing each other

k I'm out

I'll be back later

Okay, EuchreJack and TricMagic, did you find out anything worthwhile about each other?

Because I haven't read your exchanges very closely and don't plan to.

It's Day 1; I'm not 100% on any of my reads and inspects are valuable. Webadict said they're planning on inspecting me and calling me scum. If that happens then I vote webadict until they are dead. If they inspect me and call me town, I have thoughts about that that I don't want to reveal, but it's a net positive (I think you'll agree that me+web as the scum is unlikely). If they inspect someone else, it's still a valuable inspect. I'm not hoping they get nightkilled night 1 and I'm not sure why you would think that given that I said I want their inspect to happen.

Basically, there's not that much more value from lynching scum D1 than lynching scum D2, and there's a lot of potential value from an inspect. Am I wrong about that?

Okay, sure, you're not positive that webadict is scum. I'm not convinced wanting his inspect result is a worthwhile justification to not push him but I don't want to go in circles on this topic.

You're voting BluearianKnight over webadict. Do you feel more confident in your case on BluearianKnight than on webadict? You weren't earlier:

BluarianKnight:
Case on web is above. You I have a less solid case on, but it seems to me like you're playing pretty safe and you haven't really done any work towards figuring things out. For example, lots of hedging here:

Shouldn't you be pushing your strongest read and most solid case?

It really, really feels like you're putting arbitrary obstacles in your path to avoid pushing webadict. I agree with you that I don't feel like it's likely for you two to be partners, but I continue to have a difficult time seeing how your actions are justified from your point of view.

How do you feel about web's plan to call me mafia no matter the inspect result?

I assume it was a bluff of some sort because it's too ridiculous a plan to be taken seriously.

TricMagic is not only being sort of comprehensible, but is also townreading me even though I basically haven't been here. Has anybody attacked the Tric wagon so far? Prefuzek?

I mean I pulled off the wagon because I don't think he's scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2021, 07:41:28 am »

Let the game pull away from me. Catching up now. First will address outstanding (apologies for the wall) and then will seek new leads and reads.

Web
@NQT: Dislike your pushes. ToonyMan is semi-legit, but FoSing FoU is FoBad. Very, very pockety behavior coming from NQT, who believes I am Town almost in spite of myself. Almost like they don't want to be inspected.
Is it bad because it's a FoS? Fallacy's arguments didn't hold water. I think you've got some plan or other and I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out. Inspect me if you like, I'm not a Paladin.

prefuzek, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm going to inspect you and claim I got Mafia regardless of what I actually get.

I want you to realize that I am crazy enough to actually do that.
This is... a joke?

Toony
@NQT:
Why did you give a full player list of reads already?
I wanted to give myself an early appraisal of the players. I wasn't the first player to give reads: do you think it was extraordinary that Jack and Jim gave reads before me?

Tric
Ninjas.. NQT, not claiming paladin if you are a paladin is good. We either get multiple kill targets meaning at least one inspect goes through, leading to a strong day 2, or any protect items can be used on the paladin, and claimed day 2 with the inspect result. Once an item is used, it's gone.
I agree, Paladins shouldn't normally claim because they're basically cops. I don't know what you think I was thinking. I was trying to say that picking Paladin is a move that mafia and serial killers will be tempted to do because it makes them read as town.

Fallacy
Why would you ask this?
It's a different setup than usual, always good to question received ways of doing things. As it happens, I think I'm inclined to agree, it's best for town to have the info from the D1 execution.

This reads-list is low effort.
Whose reads are half quickfire and half very much not quickfire.
No, I don't think those were snap judgements. You might say that they are, but there's too much effort put into some of them, in a lopsided manner.
So they're low effort but also too much effort... make up your mind!

Whatsoever. In fact, the typical curve of 'most effort put into highest town reads, most effort put into highest scum reads, least effort put into null reads' is inverted...

This is a full reads list, at page 4. I don't buy it. I don't think it's justified. I don't think there's any point to it other than looking town.
But Jack and Jim's reads lists before me were justified? I made some quick reads to try to get a handle on the state of the game. The effort wasn't inverted, I just explained my thoughts in a longer sentence for Euchre. This is some high level nonsense you're inventing here.

Euchre
Regarding NQT: They have claimed some sort of Pro-Town Power role, so I'd strongly advise against lynching.
notquitethere   We can't kill him yet even if we wanted to, because "might" be helpful
All town have potential pro-town powers. That's the whole idea with the items questing. I'm not claiming to be anything more extraordinary than anyone else. I have since claimed my item: anti-curse scroll. Limited use. Might have something better tomorrow. I shouldn't be launched today, but not for this reason.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51