Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 3 [Vote]  (Read 7403 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 3 [Day]
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2021, 02:04:34 pm »

I can assure you that it works by swapping cards just like the troublemaker and robber: how else could it possibly work in the ca4d game when there's no mod??? Unless Web is running it weirdly, but we have no reason to believe he is, especially as the description of the role explicitly says swapping cards not named roles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2021, 02:06:33 pm »

Web please confirm how the Alpha works so one of us can feel stupid.
Alpha Wolf picks a player, and that player has their role swapped with the Werewolf Middle Role.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2021, 02:12:02 pm »

Even if I'm wrong about how the Alpha works (I'll apologize if I am) that doesn't change the fact that Tric is counterclaiming my role with a Doppelganger that doesn't work how a Doppelganger should, and this is a much greater discrepancy than the Alpha Wolf grammar semantics.

PLUS Blue also know Jack is wolf and when Knightwing eventually gets here he has no reason to lie and it'll show I knew his role right at the start. Because I'm his Doppelganger. Unlike Tric's made up version that needs to target people to copy them.

PPE:
Okay. I really didn't understand how Alpha worked this entire time then. I apologize.

Please don't let my misunderstanding cloud things.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2021, 02:19:33 pm »

While we're here.

Web, confirm how the Doppelganger works.

If anything, this proves Tric isn't Dopp and I'm not Alpha. Since neither of us knows how the other's role works.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2021, 02:26:11 pm »

In my mind card = role not card = player. Since it's the card with the role. The player is simply holding it.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2021, 03:44:25 pm »

I’m the revealer, I was at school, sorry for not answering.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2021, 04:10:47 pm »

While we're here.

Web, confirm how the Doppelganger works.

If anything, this proves Tric isn't Dopp and I'm not Alpha. Since neither of us knows how the other's role works.
The Doppelganger is given a random player at game start and becomes a copy of their role, acting immediately after them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2021, 04:33:12 pm »

I’m the revealer, I was at school, sorry for not answering.
Cool. I fully trust Blue, Knightwing, and NQT as town.

I know for a fact Jack is a Werewolf and I know for a fact TricMagic is a liar, probably because they're Alpha Wolf. Since it appears you get to choose a player and not a role, it was pretty tricky of Tric to pick Jack as their convert. Unfortunately for Tric, both me and Blue knew Jack was a Werewolf when this day started.

I know Jack is a Werewolf because I'm a copy of Knightwing and targeted Jack. Blue can confirm Jack is a Werewolf as well.

I know TricMagic is a liar because I'm the Doppelganger, not him.

Also this:
The Doppelganger is given a random player at game start and becomes a copy of their role, acting immediately after them.
The issue is I'm the dopplerganger, and I targeted Jack. Which means you are lying right off the bat Toony.
Don't know why you are so chalant about it. If Jack was the wolf, I would have also become the wolf. But that's not the case here, I became the robber.(or dopplerobber anyway.) Which confirms NQT as town, and Jack. That means you are the wolf ToonyMan. These fakeclaims aiming to dizzy don't work.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2021, 05:08:05 am »

TricMagic

If Jack was the wolf, I would have also become the wolf. But that's not the case here, I became the robber.(or dopplerobber anyway.)
Who did you rob?

Just to check, how many wolves are there supposed to be?
This is the list of possible roles:

Alpha Wolf
Werewolf
Minion
Smith
Revealer
Seer
Robber
Doppelganger
Beholder

Three of these roles are in the middle and the alpha wolf creates another wolf, and the minion is wolf-aligned. So there are 0-3 wolves, or 0-4 wolf aligned players.

Everyone

We have two mutually inconsistent blocs here:

1. Knightwing-Toonyman as Revealer/Doppelgang revealer, with Toony claiming to have revealed Jack as a wolf

2. Jack-Tricmagic as Robber-Doppleganger robber, with Jack claiming to have failed to rob due to trying to rob me.

Tric didn't know to claim who they robbed, indicating that they probably are not the doppelganger. So the wolves must be Tric/Jack. Toony knew first thing that Knight was the revealer (and Knight genuinely was, as I was revealed) which means they can't be a wolf or minion as those roles don't get information.

Toony's instantly-dropped fakeclaims seemed to me at first a strategy to garner suspicion, but I can see the point in fakeclaiming seer as it confirms the revealer and would have left the doppelganger slot free to fakeclaim, which is in fact what happened. Later the misunderstanding over how alpha wolf worked also seemed deliberate, but I think now that could be a genuine misunderstanding.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2021, 07:14:39 am »

I'm okay with voting Tric over Jack since there has to be an Alpha in play and they're the only player it could be. Fun fact I actually targeted Blue with reveal but Web messed up and had me target Jack instead. If there was two reveals I probably would have claimed Revealer from the start.

Middle roles are Werewolf, Minion, and Robber just like I thought.

TricMagic

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2021, 07:34:36 am »

Wait, we are voting tric?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2021, 07:46:14 am »

I was trying to think of one scenario where Tric is town:

If Jack was the robber and robbed Tric, a vanilla werewolf... but no, that doesn't work because then Blu would have to be, what, a minion fakeclaiming Beholder who made a guess so that they would be counter claimed? 

Wait, we are voting tric?
Go through mine and Toony's reasoning. Tric and Jack should be Alpha and regular werewolf respectively.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2021, 08:09:35 am »

I doplered the robber. Targeted Jack. Became robber.(or dopplerrobber, as I said before). This latest claim of yours is jumping on me, forming a core around you, and trying to push enough votes on me to win the game Toony. But claiming yourself as the doppler, who are you a doppler of, and who did you target?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2021, 08:10:45 am »

Here's the thing, me and Blue gave claims immediately that provided accurate information. I can confirm Blue is right about Jack and Knightwing can confirm I'm right about them, plus NQT was revealed publicly and nobody else has claimed the NQT reveal.

Jack's Robber claim was made after I deduced everyone's roles, provides no new info, and will be uncontested due to being a middle role. If you believe Jack then me, Blue, and Knightwing are lying. But if that's true then who revealed NQT?

Tric's claim was made after Jack had already claimed Robber so there's no evidence of prior knowledge. Anybody could claim what he said.

This is why I immediately made sure to say Knightwing was Revealer to prove my information. You could argue I was completely guessing and hoping to hit the 20%, but sadly I'm not. Scum needed to fakeclaim Revealer and try to take credit for the NQT reveal here. Because me and Blue know Jack is a Werewolf it would be Tric that should have claimed revealing NQT. Maybe they could have pushed a narrative that way.

I doplered the robber. Targeted Jack. Became robber.(or dopplerrobber, as I said before). This latest claim of yours is jumping on me, forming a core around you, and trying to push enough votes on me to win the game Toony. But claiming yourself as the doppler, who are you a doppler of, and who did you target?
Lolololol

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2021, 08:13:20 am »

Sorry it's actually 25% if I guessed, since I wouldn't guess myself or NQT.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5