Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 3 [Vote]  (Read 7394 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 3 [Day]
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 10:25:48 am »

Toony's being a bit over the top. He knows he's not making any sense. So he must want us to vote him. Unless he's double bluffing it, he's the minion.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:20 am »

Knightwing, confirm you're the Revealer. This should prove I knew his role as the Doppelganger. I can also confirm Blue is being honest because I revealed Jack and they were Werewolf. That's three players that can can confirm each other. If a Minion was in play they wouldn't be able to coordinate immediately with Blue and Knightwing. The only argument Jack and Tric can make is that me and Blue are wolves.

But this can be disproven as I knew knowledge of Knightwing's role before they said anything. GG wolves.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:36 am »

Toony's being a bit over the top. He knows he's not making any sense. So he must want us to vote him. Unless he's double bluffing it, he's the minion.
I have no idea what you're smoking, confirmed town. I fakeclaimed Seer because I wasn't sure of my alignment and wanted to protect Jack if I was made a wolf by the Alpha, but Blue is almost certainly legit as their claim matches my info on Jack. It was simple to fakeclaim Seer as I knew Knightwing started the game as Revealer and is in fact still the Revealer. I have no reason to lie anymore so I came clean that I'm actually a Doppelganger Revealer. Tric is contesting with an obvious fakeclaim because he's obvwolf. Jack is blatantly lying because me and Blue know he's a Werewolf now thanks to Tric.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2021, 11:05:05 am »

I'm unclear on what happens when a Minion is voted.

I'm also suspicious of Blue, since they're first post was to accuse me.  Could be a crazy townie gambit, but I'm thinking they're either minion or wolf.

Knightwing, confirm you're the Revealer.

Here is a novel idea: you let people claim their actual roles instead of trying to tell them what to do.  Knightwing, claim revealer if you're the revealer, or claim your actual role if its something else.

I'm suspicious of Tric, because I'm always suspicious of Tric.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2021, 11:06:34 am »

Don't know why you are so chalant about it. If Jack was the wolf, I would have also become the wolf. But that's not the case here, I became the robber.(or dopplerobber anyway.) Which confirms NQT as town, and Jack. That means you are the wolf ToonyMan. These fakeclaims aiming to dizzy don't work.
Case in point, you don't target the person you're a Doppelganger of. Tric is claiming he's a Robber now after targeting Jack, that's not how Doppelganger works. You start the game as someone else's role and use their ability yourself. I used Knightwing's Revealer ability for example. Tric is lying and also didn't bother to check if their fakeclaim even makes sense.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 11:08:29 am »

Tric not making sense, ok might be town.  But still on my radar.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2021, 11:10:30 am »

It's a shit hand Jack because two players started this game knowing you're a wolf and your partner is...Tric. At least your fakeclaim makes sense even if it's also a lie.

Tric not making sense, ok might be town.  But still on my radar.
He's lying about his role because he doesn't have that role and doesn't know how it works. It's a bumbling but still very calculated scum Tric move.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2021, 11:29:07 am »

Hm, the problem with your theory is that, apparently Tric was the Alpha Werewolf and chose, out of all players, to make me a Werewolf.  Seriously, me?

I would think Tric would have chosen, out of all players, NQT who is confirmed town, or you ToonyMan.  I'm hardly a decent choice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 11:33:01 am »

Alpha Wolf picks a role to swap, not player. Tric picked Seer likely because it's a powerful role and we've seen it picked before in the first round. The Alpha had no idea which player they're swapping, if any at all.

Swapping the Seer was incredibly foolish due to the high probability of there being a Beholder around.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2021, 11:44:13 am »

Just to check, how many wolves are there supposed to be?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2021, 11:50:33 am »

Just to check, how many wolves are there supposed to be?

Good question.

Web, what is going on with the wolves, as best as you're able to explain?

By my count, we started with an Alpha Werewolf, a Werewolf, and a Wolf was added.  Plus a Minion.  If that is right, it is theoretically possible for the non-town to outnumber the town, in which case its the wolf-aligned hunting the town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »

Alpha Wolf picks a role to swap, not player. Tric picked Seer likely because it's a powerful role and we've seen it picked before in the first round. The Alpha had no idea which player they're swapping, if any at all.

Swapping the Seer was incredibly foolish due to the high probability of there being a Beholder around.
I'm pretty sure this is complete nonsense. If you really believe this, reread the OP role list. It says Alpha Wolf swaps a card (owned by a player), they don't know what's on that card and they can't single out specific roles to target.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2021, 01:30:33 pm »

NQT can't read and doesn't remember Fallacy the Alpha Wolf swapped the Seer card with a Werewolf card in Round One, not me the player. The way the Alpha Wolf works hasn't changed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2021, 02:01:09 pm »

Web doesn't have the actual night actions listed in Round One so I can't confirm that, but I think your reading the role ability wrong. From my understanding the Alpha simply picks a card/role and has no idea otherwise. Fallacy pieced together I was Seer in Round One obviously which is why they streamlined it by saying "I converted Toony" when in reality it was "I swapped the Seer card which HAPPENED to convert Toony".

Web please confirm how the Alpha works so one of us can feel stupid.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2021, 02:01:19 pm »

Wrong again:

Well, I do know that Lucky is the Dream Wolf.

Aight, let's see if this works out. I lied about being the minion. I started out as the Alpha, and converted you, Toony.

I was a little nervous about claiming that, because if Alpha is in the center like someone else said, then I don't actually win with you, but I'm gonna hope that's not the case.

You must be doing this on purpose.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5