Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: The Meeting Hall (Crossover Thread)  (Read 7143 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

At Lyra's question, Freya instinctively clapped her hands together, her face beaming with pride, "Well, if you ask me, I think we've been doing pretty well on our end. We've been dealing with some pretty big stuff, like a scientist using an ancient tome of magic. As for me..." as soon as it arrived, Freya's enthusiasm died out, the young girl becoming a bit more nervous as she approached the topic of herself, "... I'm a Necromancer. My skills revolve around animating the dead and... Well, using them to help others. I've also been able to open portals on my own, but I'm not really all that good with most magic. Sort of a one trick pony in that department" she admitted, taking a moment to glance at where Lyra was looking,

"Oh yeah, that's Tim. He's pretty nice, though I haven't been able to talk to him that much. I think he specializes in creating things... Like, using one thing to create something entirely different, such as turning a stone into food. It's honestly pretty cool."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

Lyra just nodded when Freya told her what her job was. Maybe the Necromancer was one to raise the dead...

But the Contractor was one to create them. En masse.

"No worries. To be honest, raising the dead sounds a lot more useful than what I do. I just, well, hurt people, mostly..." Lyra tried her best to shake herself out of her bad mood. "Anyway, should we head over to Tim and maybe grab something? Uh, assuming that the food he makes is safe."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

With Lyra's confirmation that she was okay with Freya's 'profession', the young Necromancer let out a sigh of relief, visibly deflating, "Phew. That's good to hear, and don't worry. I know a few people who also live like that. It's just how we find out worth. A lot of people I know just don't have a high opinion on Necromancy and such" she explained, before also shaking herself out of the bad topic they had found themselves in, "Sure thing though. I could use a bite of something myself. Come on, I'll introduce you to him."

And so, with a slight spring in her step, Freya led Lyra over to Tim's 'stand', "Hey Tim. How's everything going?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

"Fine, fine.  Good to see you're doing fine Freya, and umm is this a new person in our group or someone from one of the others?"
Tim leans forward, gesturing to Lyra as the two girls approach.

The chicken on the table isn't exactly piping hot or heavily seasoned, but it doesn't look old or slimy and it's clearly been roasted or baked somehow.  Evident by the amount of char and darker brown bits towards the outside.
"Care for anything?  I trade in cosmic value and buy concepts and impressions."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

The contractor raised an eyebrow at what Tim had said. "I'm Lyra Concept. Contractor. Nice to meet you. If I may - what do you mean by 'cosmic value'? And what kinds of concepts and impressions do you buy?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

"Some call me Tim."
He shrugs slight, then furrows a brow at Lyra's following question.
"I transmute.  Complexity, rarity, and general usefulness all play into something's value, I won't bore you with the details.  How about I just show you?"
He gestures to a clear spot on the table and pulls a spherical stone from a pocket inside his robes.  The stone, a light pinkish-red with etchings over it, ignites with white flame around Tim's hand and similar sparks appear in a magic circle on the table.  He puts the stone away and gestures a hand palm-up towards Lyra and the wrench at her side.
"If you don't mind, just for a moment and I'll return it."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:20:44 pm by StormLord »
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

Lyra glanced down at her weapon. Maybe on all three of those areas it ranked pretty low, but... It still felt important to her, somehow. Maybe she wasn't the type to name her weapons - hell, maybe she'd lost her first wrench a while back and this was just one she'd picked up from somewhere - but the thought of giving it still felt-

Lyra handed the wrench over, hoping it wouldn't be something she'd instantly regret.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

Tim carefully takes the wrench, holding it up and examining it closely.  Lyra might notice a slight shine that should be as he holds it out, or faint sparkle as he turns it to look in the light.
"My, quite the interesting piece for an average wrench.  Or above average I should say.  Do anything particular with this?  complete a great machine or kill a might beast?  Something in its history is certainly unique."
He hands the wrench back and then turns to his magic circle.  He dramatically lifts his arm above it, wrist bent at a sharp angle down.  He reaches in and... Shink THUD.  He drops the first wrench on the table beside the circle.  Shink THUD.   Another wrench lands.  Then a third with a clatter as if collided with the first two.
"So I would say each one of these is worth....oh about thirty of those chickens over there?"

By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra, Tim

Lyra looked down at the wrench Tim had returned. Somehow she'd felt relief that her weapon had been returned... Putting the implications of those thoughts behind for now, Lyra said, "I, uh, don't think I can eat nearly that many in one sitting... How about you put it on credit or something? And, wait, does this mean you can duplicate items? Because if so..." Lyra gestured towards the bracelet on her wrist. "I can think of a few people who might have use for something like this..." The contractor removed her bracelet, holding it out for Tim to take if he wished.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

"Four gods.  Emperor give me strength, why is it always four gods?  Let me hazard a guess?  One presides over debauchery and gross excess, one over plague and disease, one over conquest and slaughter, and one over excessively convoluted plans that never actually work?  Feel free to stop me if this doesn't sound familiar," Rachel sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Now we need to verify that you're not from the same world as I am, because you seem nice and I'd really hate to have to execute you to protect everyone else here from the corruptive influence of the Ruinous Powers.  Why don't you describe these gods of yours to me, so we can return to more productive topics with hopefully minimal fuss?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

There was a brief pause as Vi-Ra-Nor figured out how, exactly, she was going to respond to this, meeting the Sororitas with a curiously blank stare until she decided to take the initial precaution of a step backward. A single spark of electricity skittering down one arm proved entirely superfluous in expressing the sudden spike in anxiousness at the particular wording. "I, uh, wouldn't say my Black Queen is debauchery and excess, strictly. I didn't give up my humanity for her because I thought it'd be a good time, I can tell you that much. The virtue of Power is a lot more than just doing what you want because you feel like it, and that's not even getting into how Fear should hold you back." She glared at something unseen. "And I'd only call one of them ruinous, the rest are just. . . flawed."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

"Didn't join to have a good time?  Almost certainly not the same universe then," Rachel lets out a slow breath, "No devotee of the Chaos Gods would ever consider holding back out of fear.  Unless it was a follower of the Indecisive Mollusk, but the fact that you made a choice and stuck with it strongly suggests it isn't him either.  Good.  And truly, don't feel bad that your deities are imperfect and flawed.  Even the God-Emperor has made mistakes before, so your lesser deities having made far more should be no surprise or reason to doubt them further."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

She let out a breath almost at the same time as Rachel, startling herself somewhat. "Well, I think that's the calmest reaction I've gotten from a devout member of the Church. Even if it's a different Church. Most people are weird around orthodox Laylites, and. . . well, I'm technically a declared Nayrist, but it's. . . complicated and also irrelevant." She gave another short sigh. "I don't think you need a theology lecture from me and I'm. . . well actually I might be one of the best people to ask, but you don't want to get it here." Vi-Ra-Nor ran one hand along the side of her head, pushing the prodigious volume of her hair back for a brief moment. "Sorry, I'm rambling. Execution is off the table for now, right?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

"I once was the sort of person who would consider someone voluntarily becoming less human to be the highest form of heresy.  I still find the concept... abhorrent, but after what I have seen, I cannot claim it is always the wrong choice as I once would have.  The gods you worship are not the gods I have spent much of my life fighting, and neither your presence nor your words have assaulted my mind, morals, flesh, or soul.  It would take a wiser woman than I to be certain, but I do not believe that you are a dangerous or corruptive influence in need of purging," Rachel smirks wryly, "And truthfully, if you wish to speak on theology, I would not be opposed to it.  Long has it been since I enjoyed discourse on such topics with the Sisters of my order, and my current companions, while excellent warriors and thinkers, do not seem to think much of any gods, much less the God-Emperor.  A choice I disagree with, but...  Worship coerced by force is all but worthless.  It will not save their souls, or bring them to the Emperor's side should they fall in the line of duty.  If they do not convert willingly and of their own free will, it would be as if they had not done so at all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Vi-Ra-Nor, Sister Rachel

"It seems like we can get along, at the very least." Vi-Ra-Nor shrugged. "I can respect a woman who can stand behind her beliefs without forcing them on people. As for my 'beliefs', I'm not sure I'd necessarily call them that. I've had the privilege - and the misfortune - of personally knowing Alexus, Nayru, Kallisto, and Layla. Layla especially. We went through a lot together." Her tone turned wistful, and her eyes threatened to turn misty again. Not right now. "Traditional Church doctrine holds ten virtues, each linked to a particular element. Alexus embodies Luck and Hope, Kallisto has Faith and ironically Love, Layla is Power and Fear incarnate, and Nayru governs Ego and Reason. Ethan, when he was alive, took the virtues of Humanity and Remembrance - not that the Church knows about him." Vi-Ra-Nor looked up, searching her mind for any other immediately relevant information. "The Church holds that you should embody these virtues as best as you can while you live, so that you can be chosen by the goddesses when they return to earth. That part. . . didn't really happen. At the very least, Lilith didn't like me because I was strong or scary." She nodded. "I think that's the main overview. I could go into the virtues but we'd be standing here for hours. What about the God-Emperor?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:20:40 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10