Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: The Meeting Hall (Crossover Thread)  (Read 7141 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Stretch, Aquila, IP, Ehto

IP silently watched Ehto comfort Aquila... and had to turn away. Idly, the android held a coin between two fingers, poised as though she were about to flip it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Stretch, Aquila, Ehto, IP

Stretch was somebody who was, perhaps obviously enough, rarely reduced to a state of few words, but he was not going to be maintaining his usual goofiness in a position like this. But of course, he couldn't see into Aquila's head either... and it wasn't like he really had the experience to infer a whole lot from what he'd said either. So if Aquila didn't know whether or not he was someone who wanted to hurt people... maybe he didn't know if he was someone who wanted to want to hurt people, so... Stretch supposed that... "Um... well... you don't have to be."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Aquila, Stretch, Ehto, IP

Aquila quietly sniffled as the dog person patted his shoulder. It's not until Stretch reconsiders his assessment that he starts taking some wavering breaths, and starts to resume his normal posture. First he looks to Ehto and gingerly pats her head, his hands are rough but his touch is conscious of his own size and strength as he uses the opportunity to calm himself. Finally, he lets his arm return to his side and sighs, shaking of the feelings that had washed over him. "I'm... sorry. I made you all see something quite unsightly didn't I?" His voice is quiet and calm to the point where it's obvious that he's actively stopping himself from getting too worked up.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

IP put away the coin, simply nodding. "I am... sorry that this conversation took the turn it has. May we... discuss other matters?" Turning away again, IP muttered, "For the record, Aquila, I... agree. About what you said about the Machine Legion."

Quickly turning back, IP mentioned, "If I may ask... what is the status of the mission? What progress has been made towards eliminating the Trespassers?"

Freya, Lyra

The contractor nodded. "Yes, I believe that's the situation. We've been, from what I understand, working to directly eliminate Trespassers. Though... I hadn't received word that we'd be working together."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:24:33 pm by AzyWng »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

"Neither have I, but I don't think that we get a lot of word from the people running things. Outside of when we begin, ya know?" Freya commented, her hand rising up to tap her chin in thought, "So maybe this is just an option they gave us? Without telling us, of course. A way to collaborate between groups if we have the time. Or perhaps they're expecting a merge? I dunno."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Tim watched as people quickly funneled into the room from various portals and places, turning the moderate sized meeting hall into a buzzing hive of activity.  Now he wasn't exactly one to be opposed to social interaction, but he'd also spent much of the last decade or so without talking to more than two or three people at once at most.
Given that, he wasn't too keen on actually seeking out one of the strangers for conversation and instead slide between active interactions to a nice clear piece of table no one seemed to be using.  He produced a simple grey cloth and spread it over the table before he started placing various fragments or slices of metal bullion, slivers and gems of crystal and precious stones, small dishes of red, orange, white, and grey dusts, apples, berries, and freshly cooked chicken.
He coils a bit of rubber tubing and some wire to one side, and next to that stacks a few microchips and some red tipped bullets.

Once the assortment of lavish goods is arranged he sits back in a chair and waits for the first "customer" to arrive.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Freya, Lyra

"I suppose... from what I've seen... these forces might have a lot more to worry about than they let on." Sort of like... no, nothing like me. "So, how've things been going on your end? And, what is it you do? I'm a contractor - sort of a gun for hire. Or, wrench, as it were."

Lyra stopped for a moment, then turned her head in the direction of Tim's table, sniffing a little. "Hey, do you smell that? Remind me how long it's been since I've eaten..."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

The sorceress' tail wagged wildly and she couldn't help but just stand there blushing with her ears laid flat in response to the unexpected head pats. She was almost disappointed when he drew his hand away, but minded herself enough to suppress the instinctive whine that would've otherwise expressed that displeasure. Before she could say anything however, a very good question was raised that instantly drew her attention away.

"If I may ask... what is the status of the mission? What progress has been made towards eliminating the Trespassers?"
"Actually, I've been wondering that too," she chimed in, "My apprentice and I just started our research on them, so any input from someone who's fought them before would be a big help."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Stretch honestly would've insisted a little further on his previous words to Aquila, since he really had meant something with them, but, well... even he could tell that it'd be dragging the mood back down when it was already pretty tense. He was quiet for a little while, before the others started asking about fighting Trespassers. Of course, he was an expert on the subject, naturally. "Well, you see, the key when it comes to fighting Trespassers is that you have to help the people you come across in your travels, 'cause it's only through the power of friendship -and also through the power of magic juice, and, like, fancy arm-fu, and, like, dancing, I mean actually there's really a lot of powers- that the strength to fight them can be found. But mostly friendship. That has been our sacred quest, as given by the mighty and wise Artemis Goose: by using our powers to help the people of other world power their powers, their powers can be powerful enough to overpower the Trespassers. Thus our experience is that the best way to defeat Trespassers... is to come early and help others."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a few moments of trying to hold himself together, Aquila mutters something that's probably a farewell and leaves through the portal he came in through.

Stretch, Arminius, Ehto, IP

Soon enough, a man in clothes that clearly all came from some kind of pawn shop steps through the portal, casting a confused look back for a few moments before shrugging and walking over to the group Aquila just left, scratching his head. "That was weird.... Uh, I don't think I've met you guys yet. I'm Arminius, I do things with s-tuff...." He trails off after quickly and obviously switching what he was going to say midway through the sentence.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

She watched Aquila leave back through the portal and couldn't help but feel bad for the knight. Whatever fate he had been through was clearly not one to be envied. One that still haunted him even now. Before she could think too much about it however, someone else wandered in, and Stretch had given a surprisingly clear explanation of things.

"Huh... that actually makes a lot of sense, I guess. No doubt they're pretty strong, so going around helping people struggling kills two birds with one stone." she nodded to stretch before turning to the newcomer, giving a hearty wave, "And hi there, Arminius, doer of stuff and things! I'm Ehto, that's Stretch, and that's IP. We're also doers of stuff and things."

Despite the obvious teasing, her light hearted chuckle and the clap on the back she gave him proved there was no malice in it. The clap was strong though, not enough to hurt, but still much stronger than a woman her size should've been able to leverage. Which meant she had probably held back quite a bit.

"But no really," she continued "welcome to the chat. We were just talking about the Trespassers."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arminius stumbled forward a step at the unexpected pat on the back, but rather than looking anywhere close to annoyed he just smooths out his clothes like he had expected it. Mentally, he marks Ehto down as a werewolf as he nods at her greeting. "Mm, I'm sure but my version of stuff is... objectionable to several people I've come to find. As for the trespassers, our team hasn't seen any but we are supposed to be ensuring that worlds we go to are strong enough to deal with them on their own so.... I'd say we've on the whole done well enough."

His expression says there may have been an incident to make that statement questionable, but it's probably nothing.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

"If it prevents the Trespassers from achieving their goal of... consuming everything... I will not think less of what you do. My own skillset is somewhat limited... If I may, what special skills do you possess?"

IP looked Arminius over carefully, as though trying to examine him for hidden weapons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arminius considers whether he really should explain for a moment, but lets out a small breath and shrugs. None of the movements reveal any of the telltale clinking of equipment, which doesn't necessarily mean he can't have any of course. "You could say I specialize in a certain kind of arms manufacturing. Namely, I create allies from mana. Now, this likely isn't the kind you're used to as it's specific to my world. I trust you're all familiar with souls, the core of what a person is, everyone has one. Hell, where I'm from some machines even have them. Now, on my world there's two main types, Men have souls that produce mana and thus are composed of mana themselves, while monster souls consume mana and have a unique composition themselves. It's a harmless process as men just make more mana naturally." Arminius shrugs, his little lesson on souls on his world apparently over.

"Now, it turns out the monsters have done a great amount of research into how they collect mana and designed runes to allow one to manipulate mana. I have those runes which automatically collect essence from particularly powerful entities when they are close to death, and turns them into allies. I've also learned to combine essence and even figured out how to combine essences of an ally with what I've collected already to improve their combat capabilities. I can demonstrate if anyone wants to volunteer." Arminius holds a hand in front of himself in offering.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

IP nodded, stepping forward and standing with hands at her sides, ready for Arminius to begin... whatever it was he was going to begin. "Very well, then. I trust that you have all the required safety procedures in place?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10