Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tales from The Grid, Issue 1: Two Sides to Every Story (In-Character Thread)  (Read 4440 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"Hey, you shot me!" my voice rings out of the speaker system and my projected face moves with the words, "I almost have the proper readings. I just need to get to a better location."

I notice the storm has now properly died down, "Huh. Wait, more people?! Where have you all been? This is the most people I've seen that aren't from Base. We can work this out and all get home safe. No fighting. The Vex are more dangerous than this. Please. I don't want this to be another bad run."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"The Vex? Who are you?"

"..."

"You know what, doesn't matter. You actually want to work together to survive? So do I."

"Though it would still be nice to know who exactly you are and what your story is."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:28:35 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Speaking to the paladin, the Valkyrie says, "It seems like that person who looks like our friend here mistook you for an enemy. I'm not surprised, considering we did as well. They seem like the type who fires first and ask questions later, like you actually." Speaking to YLW Assault, she adds, "Is that your friend over there?" She then notices the knight.

"Hey, that's my loyal subject! I'm glad you're safe!" Speaking to her two new friends, she adds, "That's the knight I was talking about." Speaking to the knight, she says, "Don't be afraid of this massive machine. There's a time traveling human inside it. He's some kind of paladin from the distant future who has come to save humanity from the Vex, an alien race that isn't even from this planet. Anyway, who are the two people with you? Wait, that thing over there, that's not a person, that's a monster!"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:28:43 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

The Valkyrie recounts her story to the dark skinned woman with strange weaponry. She met a knight errant in a desert where a ravenous giant snake was eating unsuspecting victims. The knight declared the Valkyrie her King, despite the fact that it's a title reserved for men. They then teamed up to kill the snake. After saving the denizens of the desert, the two horsemen travelled the land together until a thunderstorm separated them.

"The knight on a horse next to you is my loyal subject. My name is Izabelle Horne, by the way."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:28:13 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"My story, uh... to make a long story short, I joined a group of people interested in stopping the Vex from destroying Earth. I get sent back in time to help fight off small areas of Vex incursions, and hopefully, in the end, I'll have gotten all of them. Now, normally I would get sent back with a couple other pilots. Remember that dude that likes electricity a little too much? Yeah, he's my brother. I love the guy, but he's struggling with that. The other person on my team is me and my bros overseer, captain, whatever. Anyways, I don't know where they are, but I still want to help you guys out."

"As for that first boulder, I'm sorry, but I needed to show that I'm not to be taken lightly. Otherwise, well, I've lost a run or two because I trusted someone too much. Oh, if you guys want to see what a Vex looks like, I have some files on known types I can display. The techies back in Home Base say it's in case it's ever needed. Never hurts to have a diagram on where to hit to deal the most damage."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:27:59 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"..."

"That's great, but use the Cliffnotes version next time."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

The Valkyrie is still looking at the monster that looks like a calcified tree.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"Stop staring at me like that!"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"The monster can talk?!"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"What monster? My scanners aren't picking anything uuuuuuuu, yeah, I'm guessing that's the monster. It doesn't seem like a Vex. Like, at all. Maybe a leaper or a psion, but they're too... fat, for lack of a better word, for a leaper, and a psion would have a more bulbous head. Not to mention it's clearly not human."

I lean the mech closer, trying to get the strained instruments to pick apart their biological makeup. Techies said it would be handy if a new Vex showed up.

"Sorry, you can talk. Didn't mean to talk like you weren't here. So, uh, what's your name? And, if it not rude, what are you?"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"My name is Sage, and I'm a Sudowoodo, I think..."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

(Nancy Drew 39 of MafiaScum replaces TricMagic of Bay 12 Forums.)

Quote from: Sylveone46
Move to D6, Use Rock throw on D5
Quote from: HadesTheReaper
move -> C3->C4->D4 then Repair.
Quote from: Accrovideogames
Move to E4.
Quote from: Space Jawa
Move to B7; Activate Pistol Overwatch
Quote from: a1s
Move to D5

Move Phase

Their powerful plasma rifle having been resisted by the behemoth that was now lumbering away, The Assault was looking rather antsy as the other side drew closer. She quickly composes herself, she's seen weirder stuff than this...? The Valkyrie King is forced to maneuver around the unallied Assault. The closest she can get is through the forest, slowing her down. The Knight rears up for a dash to the goal. The Sniper is ready, having waited long enough to find an opening past her shield. But the shot goes wide, and The Knight charges past, smashing through the debris. The Sudowoodo waddles down next to The Knight, his eyes are glowing... The Sniper hops to the other side of their foliage cover. The Boulder Mech stomps over to the goal zone.

Range Phase

The Sudowoodo does what ever it is he was planning to do, which seems to be to make rock after rock throw down on the goal zone, crushing The Knight. The Sudowoodo's eyes turn to normal, they look around and see the scraps of debris but also the killed horse and rider. The Sniper aims their pistol forward over the leaves.

Special Phase

The Boulder Mech performs a diagnostic to repair but finds no problems. An inconspicuous yellow frog draws near...

===================
|-|- Turn 3-4c -|-|
===================

Quote from: Mood Music
♫ We're Finally Landing | Home
(Loop) (Soundcloud)

(a friend's voice) "You are always getting yourself in a pinch like this, I don't know how you have the heart for it."

As the electrified flood waters raged on, something rolled down to the river without notice... The waters were only high long enough to give the object a short strong shock . . .

"Cough!!"

(Pinxed of GameFAQs is now the revived thief.)

"!"

================
|-|- Turn 5 -|-|
================

Score:
2 = WHT Sudowoodo
1 = WHT Boulder Mech
0 = YLW Knight
0 = BLK Assault
0 = WHT Sniper
0 = BLU Valkyrie King
0 = BLU Thief

The THIEF was revived. (late replacement)

The KNIGHT was eliminated.

"Ribbit!"

Frogger (A5)
- Destroyed if stepped on, attacked, or when trying to move on a player occupied tile. Alliance doesn't matter. Revives at boarder.
- Can move up to 3 spaces. Goes first.
- Can only say: "Ribbit!"

FROGGER MODE: ENGAGED: If Frogger ends the turn safely in the goal zone then the player will be upgraded to a random enemy unit (appearing at the boarder, weakest unit of 3 rolls) and can kill a player to revive their original unit. Even if not intending to play as them again, surviving a match and completing a unit's story will grant influence over the next new character roll. A player (or alliance) can also choose to revive a unit as their victory prize.

a1s can now control the YLW Frogger for a shot at coming back.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:19:20 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"... That wasn't my original intention but okay then."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"... wait, what?! Did that... tree... sudowood, whatever, just kill them? Despite me saying to work together?! Ugh, right, well, you have earned monster ranking. As for you, Sniper, don't think I didn't notice that shot! One more, and I'll give you the Atlas treatment."

"How was I supposed to know the knight was going to run right into the debris I was targeting?! Actually how about this, stay away from me!"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6