Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Tales from The Grid, Issue 1: Two Sides to Every Story (In-Character Thread)  (Read 4441 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They look to the dude on the horse. Is this a medieval world or something? Hopefully they can understand.

"Care to team up against that giant?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:09:02 pm by TricMagic »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

(Please use the avatar when talking. You are the woman with blonde hair.)

The Valkyrie is amazed at the sight of that mechanized dragon.

"Yes, but have you seen a knight on a horse? I got separated from him after we slew a giant snake."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:20:55 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

He flips a few switches, engaging the onboard speaker system. these don't look like the aliens. Perhaps I can get their aid. Of course, they still need to hear me from all the way over here.

"You are not my enemy. We can work together, save humanity, even. I am running diagnostics on the stability of the temporal effects that brought us here. We need not fight."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

The Valkyrie has no idea what the dragon is talking about. She's also curious about the strange weaponry her newfound ally uses.

"Sir, do you have any idea what this mechanized dragon is talking about?"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is that what it's supposed to be? Either way it just threw a rocks at us. And I'm far more inclined to trust a human than some alien. Even if the part of being warped to a strange plain is true."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Smacking his head, he remembers that fact that this seems to be the past.

"I am not a dragon. In your terms, I am a paladin granted immense magical power. I was sent back in time before this to save humans from invaders. I had nothing to do with this. If we want to escape this, we must work together. The rock was a warning. I will not hesitate to stop you if you try to stop me."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Quote from: TricMagic
Move Up 1, left 1.
Reload.
Quote from: Accrovideogames
Move to D1.
Quote from: HadesTheReaper
move A-2 -> B2

Move Phase

The valkyrie king continues north and the assault heads that way aswell, while the boulder mech walks southeast a bit. Their previously thrown boulder quickly becomes riddled in cracks from the trembling steps.

Special Phase

The assault reloads their rifle. The rain rapidly begins to thin and then the sun finally breaks through the bleak storm clouds. Sure enough sign, that the flood waters and mist should also clear up soon...

=================
|-|- Turn 3b -|-|
=================

Score:
0 = BLU Valkyrie King
0 = YLW Assault
0 = WHT Boulder Mech

Accrovideogames, HadesTheReaper, and TricMagic, this is your last chance to choose final positions before we join both sides.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:28:10 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"What kind of invaders? And if you're human, prove it by getting out of your—whatever that vehicle is. Show your face!"
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"This thing doesn't have a fast re-entry system. Uh, it's hard to get back into the massive suit of armor if I get out of it. I think I have a display system somewhere in here... ahA! Got it! Alright, wiring helmet diagnostic feed into the 3d modeling program, uh... buffering?! What do you mean, buffer, oh, it's done. Alright, uh, wiring that to the external projector system, then... viola!"

A picture of my handsome mug displays from the legs of the mech onto the rock it's carrying, helping create the 3-d image.

"How do I look? Alright, ok, so, invaders. There's these nasty bug things that attacked Earth, uh, the planet, hmmm, the land and they came from... beyond the horizon. Now, bugs we can deal with, but these things were the size of castles, sometimes. I've never seen one smaller than a small building. And there were millions, or maybe even billions of those nasty bugs. Our tech guys, uh, scientist, wait, medieval era, WIZARDS! Our wizards couldn't divine how many there were exactly, but there were a lot. More than we had people. I can figure out what brought us here, see if I can still contact my wizard people, and maybe use that to bring us back to where we were, and use this new info to better fight the Vex. Uh, the Vex is our name for the bugs, since they were like the biblical plagues, so they 'vex' us. Yeah, I didn't come up with the name. Anyways, we can worl together. But, frankly, my mission is too important to just ignore it."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

The Valkyrie doesn't understand many of the words she heard, but she thinks she understands the general message.

"So you call this massive machine a suit of armor?! Interesting magic you have there by the way, being able to project your image like that. I also know what a scientist and a planet are. Please, I'm not a caveman. So what you're saying is that the Vex come from beyond the stars? And here I thought you were the alien, those Vex sound much worse. Anyway, do you know what those strange pillars are?"

Out of game note: People in the middle ages and even way before that knew, if they received proper education, that the Earth isn't flat. The word alien also existed. It actually means something foreign and unknown. Until recently, it was mostly used to describe immigrants.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"Sorry, most times I go back to the past there aren't any people around. This is the first time I've talked to someone from the medieval ages. Anyways, yeah, we had to build suits of armor like this one to deal with the Vex. Also, those pillars seem to be the source of electricity my armor is receiving. They seem harmless, but if they are injured, odds are the containment would fail then a bunch of lightning would strike everywhere. Not much fun. Though, there is this one guy back at base who loved being electrified. Yeah, nobody really likes him. Regardless, I have a feeling this electrical storm will subside, then I can get a better reading on how we got here and how to get back."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

"Medieval? You mean my time is in the middle of yours? So you must be from thousands of years in the future, maybe even more. Anyway, I hope my loyal knight is alright. We met in a desert and teamed up to slay a ravenous giant snake. We then traveled together for a while until we got separated in that thunderstorm. It doesn't seem like that other man knows about him, but maybe you can help me find him with your futuristic magic powers."

The Valkyrie turns to the other man (YLW Assault).

"And you? What's your story? You don't look like you're from around here either."
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

(Sylveone46 of Sufficient Velocity replaces dsjstr of MafiaScum)

Quote from: a1s
move to E7
Quote from: Space Jawa
Plasma Sniper Rifle Overwatch

Move Phase

The knight charges forward, closer to the flood stream once again. Strangely, the ground continues to shake from time to time even though the thunderstorm is clearing up.

Range Phase

The sniper holsters her pistol, and withdraws her sniper rifle, going into overwatch. The distinct sound of plasma rifle fire can be heard through the fog...

Special Phase

These souls collectively have an odd sense of deja vu, and are then psychically bombarded by images of some battle taking place...no...that took place west across the dwindling flood stream. But they have only a moment to consider this vision. The ground continues to shake as the mist parts. Something massive is walking on four legs...

Quote from: TricMagic
Sectoid.
Move north 2 spaces. Plasma rifle the Mechtoid menace(the giant.)

GM Note: Will use 1 ammo for free as announced in OOC.
Quote from: Accrovideogames
Don't move.
Quote from: HadesTheReaper
Move down 1.

Move Phase

The assault and the boulder mech move in towards the valkyrie king. The boulder to the south shatters into rubble.

Range Phase

The assault raises her plasma rifle at the lumbering giant, and lobs a few green ethereal shots. The boulder mech's shuffling armor plates make it difficult to hit a vulnerable point. The assault is too small to threaten the machine while it is moving.

Special Phase

As the sun continues to break through the clouds the flood waters are lowering rapidly, and the mist is rolling away. And then there appears those souls from the vision before, like stepping out of a dream.

The knight and king finally spot each other.

Themed Challenge Complete: King Izabelle Horne and Madame Trinity Chandler have increased their support level to B! 'New' Ability: "Sidewinder" (details in OOC)

The XCOM Lieutenant looks across the way and sees her mortal adversary(the one that cost them everything).

Rivals: Lieutenant Riya Contreras and Lieutenant Aisha Welch cannot be allies, and gain double points for killing their counterpart!

And then you see it. Whether by local lore, or shocking readings on your instrumentation, you now recognize those glowing stars are exactly what you need. You just need to stay on them long enough...

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

"!!"

Quote from: Mood Music
♫ The Chase Begins | Scythe
(Loop) (Soundcloud)

================
|-|- Turn 4 -|-|
================

Score:
0 = YLW Knight
0 = YLW Assault
0 = WHT Sniper
0 = WHT Boulder Mech
0 = WHT Sudowoodo
0 = BLU Valkyrie King* (*benefits of the Knight's Oath restored)

Goal Zone (D4, D5, E4, E5)
- Grants +1 point to each occupant at the end of turn.

Puddles (B4, F4, F5)
- Impose -2 initiative to all actions for the rest of the turn.

Debris (D5, F5) and Blocking Plants (A8, C7)
- Can be moved on and destroyed by a massive unit. The plants are destroyed by melee attacks.

a1s, Space Jawa, Sylveone46, Accrovideogames, HadesTheReaper, and TricMagic, EVERYONE who is a player can post in the IC Thread now. You can switch between your old portrait and the new alt above as desired to emote. Please continue to use your character portrait(s) if you wish to talk in-character, which will be shared on the other forums.

(Additional details about victory conditions will be posted in OOC shortly.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:00:10 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6