Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)  (Read 13470 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2021, 11:14:09 am »

Among the weapons and various other useful items, Nonoka's eyes were drawn to one thing in particular...

"Hey, look, some mochi!"

Nonoka obtains Questionably Sticky Mochi (Glue Pack).

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2021, 05:01:08 pm »

Tomomi carefully picked through the bags, looking over the various items with interest before a smile lit up his face as he found a large LED bulb.
"This will do nicely.... One moment."
Tomo retreats to a garbage can, where he pulls several electronic components from his school bag and some assorted tools before getting to work, doing an uncharacteristic dance in place and humming a vaguely recognizable and energetic tune as he connects wires and bangs together components before finally holding up the finished product, which seems like a camera but with no lenses and a large button on the side. He looks it over with a manic glee, up until he accidentally pushes the button while looking at the bulb, the souped up flash drawing a strangled cry as he falls back on his butt in surprise.
Tomomi creates The Flasher 9000 (Blinding Bomb).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:03:39 pm by kj1225 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2021, 04:14:57 pm »

Kenji pokes through the bags, not expecting much, but he pauses as he spies something that he is familiar with. Smiling, the class president pulls out a training tonfa. It was padded, designed for use in sparring and to practice various grips, but the padding wasn't all that thick and it had a metal core. Swung with sufficient force it would certainly inflict some hurt.

: "Haven't used one of these in years. Domo arigato." Kenji took a few experimental swipes at the air with the weapon, testing the feel of it in his hands. Yes, this would do until he could pick up a proper tonfa or two.

Kenji picks up a Padded Tonfa (Steel Rapier) and promotes to Cavalier.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2021, 02:50:38 pm »

She hadn't really been expecting much out of this pile but well, the Souban did take the time out to gather this bunch together so she may as well take advantage of it. It'd seem kinda rude otherwise. Picking out a pair of wicked-looking spiked gloves, Haruhi took a brief moment to put them on and flex her fists to test them out a little. Looked totally badass but it, uh, just seemed a little overkill for your average thug but might come in handy for some stubborn SOV's who just refuse to go down.

"Yeah, uh, thanks, boss.", Haruhi murmured a little uncomfortably. "So, uh, where to next? Got a feelin' we're gonna be shakin' down somebody for those, uh, 'favors' of yours."

Haruhi puts on a pair of spiked gloves (Heavy Lance) and promotes to Pegasus Knight.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2021, 04:52:04 pm »

"Let's give 'em something to chew on. Can't let the prez do all the work."
Azusa packs a Baseball Bat (Steel Sword) and promotes to Dancer.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2021, 05:10:37 pm »

"Everybody got some neat stuff? Wonderful."

The Souban nodded towards Hashimoto, who then ordered his three henchmen to pack the stuff and bring it away. To where, he didn't tell. Didn't seem like it's his first rodeo in helping out the Souban like that.
The former then looked towards Haruhi.

"Like I said, shaking down for pocket money won't get you very far. It might be enough for a serving at Smile Burger, but pocket money ain't doing much in getting you favors. Right, Hashimoto?"
"... Err, yeah... Learned that lesson the hard way, gotta admit. Still makes my head spin thinking about yer ways, boss."
"Well, consider this a lucky opportunity to get a free refresher, then. To keep it short and simple: Scratch someone's back, and he might scratch your back twice at a later date. But don't overdo it, otherwise they'll see you as a wannabe punk and you're just another errand guy or gal."
"Never again..."
"Good thing we have a nerd specialized in favors. Wada-san loiters in Smile Burger in the mall every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He'll offer small jobs and also takes stuff you no longer need in exchange for favors. Nothing too shitty, just a bit weird sometimes. Last time I did work for Wada-san, he lend me a fake ID plus some money and made me play Pachinko for hours with his money. I have no idea why it works, but when I was done, a few people owed me favors afterwards, so I don't queston it too much."

Hashimoto scratched his head for a moment, as if trying to recall something.

"What about Yamada-san?"
"Right. Yamada-san runs a small Sushi bar here in the mall, 'Sea Delight'. Tell him the codephrase and he'll offer stuff to you that isn't on the menu, if you catch my drift. The code is 'Is your Wasabi from Aomori?' However, be respectful to him. If you annoy him, he'll ask you to scratch something and if he does, you better fucking scratch it!"
"Oh, yer better believe that! I forgot to be respectful once and that was a shitty experience!"
"Good thing I intervened, vouched for you and told Yamada-san you're a bit of an idiot, otherwise it would have been even shittier."
"Good thing yer willing to lie to him like that to save my bacon, boss!"
"Ain't I a nice guy... Anyway. Your choice what to do first. Wanna meet Wada-san, or wanna go to Sea Delight?"

You can now visit Wada-san during the week!
You can now visit Yamada-san in Sea Delight!

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2021, 01:34:05 pm »

"I would like to see that Wada-san."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2021, 01:51:20 pm »

"In the mood for some sushi. Sea Delight for me, thanks."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2021, 11:13:53 am »

"I think we'd be better off seeing if Wada has work that needs doing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2021, 06:56:16 pm »

: "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see what Wada-san has to say."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2021, 12:28:10 am »

"I'd like to go see Wada, too."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2021, 09:41:02 am »

: "If this Wada-san is as much of pillar of the delinquent economy as he seems, then I would like a chance to meet him."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2021, 09:56:38 pm »

"Is the wasabi from Aomori, though?"

Seemed a bit far north, Iwate notwithstanding.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2021, 04:44:34 am »

"Gotta go with the Prez here. 'Sides, we can always grab some sushi later."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2021, 04:35:42 pm »

The Souban looks towards Nonoka.

"Beats me. It's the codephrase we use, so it stuck."

He then looks at the rest of the gang.

"Guess we have a majority for Wada-san. It'll be a quick one anyway, so don't worry too much about it, you'll get to Sea Delight soon enough."

And with that, the Souban led the way, into the big mall. It was as busy as it could be on a Friday afternoon after school, many young students passing their time before ultimatively having to go home. Uniforms from Hazekura High and Sugimoto High were rare to witness here, for they still have school on Saturday, so most of them are prepping for it at home. That is, unmodified uniforms. The delinquents were more prominent to compensate so they can engage with the other schools.
Thanks to the Mall Treaty, one can almost forget that these delinquents might beat each other up if they would meet anywhere else in town. Then again, fights had been surprisingly rare during the Golden Age, to the point that most working adults would assume that they finally got tamed and defanged and are little more than a nuisance nowadays.

Your experiences from yesterday are different, of course. Even new delinquents can put up enough of a fight.

City Mall, Smile Burger

As per the norm for renting space in malls, it's not very large. Eleven people moving in at once definitely draw attention. Still, it worked somehow without blocking any major passages.
The Souban approaches a young adult sitting on one of the one-seaters, where a long but thin counter emerge from the wall. He taps the man's shoulder.

"Got fresh blood for the favor market."

The man turns around halfways, sipping on his milkshake before putting it away.

"I've heard about your new gang. Looks like a fine bunch. Not the usual delinquent material. I like that. Unusual people can do unusual work well."

He takes another sip from the shake.

"Wada-san. No need to tell me your names. I'll bother with them when you decide to earn some favors. That's what you're here for, right?"
"Yeah. Burned through mine, so gotta get back to the top."
"That's what I like about you. You never shy away from a challenge. Tell you what, you guys earn a lot of favors and I'll tell you the Souban's real name, free of charge. You in?"
"I'll make you swallow your teeth if you do that."
"Boring. I'll just give you something else then. I'll think about it. Once you're actually earning a lot of favors, that is."

Wada-san hands over a folded slip of paper to the Souban.

"Avaible jobs for Saturday. Not like you have Saturday school anyway, so pretend you're contributing to society or something like that. Kids these days don't know how good they have it. Show some pride in being Japanese students, alright? Good."

His attention returns to the Smile Menu in front of him. The Souban shows the content of the paper to the gang.

"You'll decide for yourselves, then inform Wada-san. Better take them while they're hot."

"I wouldn't mind taking the last one..."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:04:37 pm by SirAston »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17