Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)  (Read 13485 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2021, 03:16:19 pm »

"..Man, what's even up with that? Blackmail? Threats? If he's a real man, he oughta come face us mano-a-mano!"

"Hahaha, whatever. Villains like that deserve little more than the mighty hammer of justice!"

Haruhi would proceed to give an energetic, enthusiastic bounce on the spot, simply happy to serve a worthy cause. Still, though, she still had her own doubts about their erstwhile leader starting with...

"By the way, boss. You've got a name or are we all just meant to keep calling ya Souban the whole time?"

Certainly seemed like it, judging by how pompadour man Hashimoto was referring to him. Or maybe it was just that no one else had the guts to seriously try. Whatever. He certainly seemed like a nice enough bloke, if just a bit rough around the edges. It didn't really matter that much...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2021, 04:28:42 pm »

: "So this was your plan, hm? Get rid of your compromised followers and gather a new bunch that Jun'ichi has no influence over, thus keeping your position as king of delinquents? I'm sure that seems reasonable from your perspective, but I have to wonder if it's really in the best interests of Kishibe."
"Pfff, even I can answer that for yer. Shit's good around here for both us and goody two-shoes since the Souban became the Souban. Called Golden Age for a reason. If yer think Lil' Jiju can do that better, be my guest, but that ain't got my vote, dawg."

Meanwhile, the Souban barely flinched when Ryuuji pulled off his stunt.

"If you say so."

He then shifts his gaze to Haruhi.

"... Heh. I like your attitude. Of course I have a name. And you're indeed supposed to call me Souban the whole time. If you don't like that, you all can challenge me to a fight and allow me to go all-out, then I'll tell you my name."
"Don't tell that to her, that kid got spunk, she'll actually try it!"
"Good."

The Souban's cigarette, about a third of it consumed, is then tossed to the ground and extinguished with a precise step before he picks up the stub, throwing it into a nearby crate that looks like it's designated for trash. This is a sacred place for delinquents after all, especially of the Kishibe variant.

"It's getting late and I've gotta do some stuff. Hashimoto, give them my contact on LINE. Gang, tomorrow we'll go to the City Mall immediately after school. The heart of our delinquent communities, where no fights are allowed. A source of food, drinks, weapons and infos, if you know where to look. You'll have little choice but to learn everything about how the Mall works for us if you want to aim for your personal goals."

And with that, the Souban disappears through the nearby alley. Indeed, it was getting late, the sun would probably set in one or two hours max.
Hashimoto approaches you.

"A'right, one serving of LINE contact data coming up! If yer want, yer can also add me. Consider yerself honored!"

You can now text the Souban and Hashimoto via the LINE app!

"Aaand done! Great!"
"...Guess I gotta find an electric shaver now... Deal's a deal."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:32:22 pm by SirAston »

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2021, 05:28:14 pm »

"... Heh. I like your attitude. Of course I have a name. And you're indeed supposed to call me Souban the whole time. If you don't like that, you all can challenge me to a fight and allow me to go all-out, then I'll tell you my name."

An all-out brawl just for the privilege of hearing his real name? As expected of the man among men. Well, there was only really one response to that!

"Ahahah! Oh, that sounds so much fun! Bring it! I'm game if y'all are!"

And then, that was that. The Souban giving them all his number seemed to mark the end of their first meeting.

Well, with all that gang business done, Haruhi paused for a moment to glance at her watch. resolving to leave it all aside for the time being.

"Eh, got some time ta kill. Anyone up for a stint at the arcades?"

Well, she was really just faking checking the time. She always had time to kill. It's not as if her old man cared whether she actually came home or not...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2021, 08:14:23 pm »

Kenji watched the Souban walk away with a slight frown on his face. This wasn't the time or place to call out the other student on not answering his question, but he was far from satisfied with Hashimoto's answer. This "Golden Age" of theirs was marked by gangs running rampant, serious crimes such as blackmail, and other sorts of general delinquency - in short, it differed little from how things were before the Souban came into power and doubtless how affairs would continue long after his downfall.

Kenji decided that he would need to stick around for a while longer. His responsibility for the moment was to investigate this Jun'ichi person and see if the Souban's stories rang true. If so, he could fight Jun'ichi with a clear conscience. And if they weren't...well, he'd explore those possibilities if they came up.

The class president's habitual smile was back on his face as he turned in response to Haruhi's question.

: "Sounds like fun. Unfortunately it's starting to get late, and I'm guessing some of you didn't do your homework before coming to this little meeting-turned-brawl. Am I right?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2021, 10:53:52 pm »

"Hell yeah, let's go to the arcades."

Tatsuya turned to Kenji.

"You're the pres of the third years, so this second year is going to just excuse himself. See ya!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2021, 08:35:21 am »

"Homework, really? Well, I'm really down for a nice big bowl of yakisoba 'fore I get any actual work done, Prez. If you're down, of course."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2021, 04:14:08 pm »

Kenji just shrugged good-naturedly. Keeping delinquent activity at school to a minimum was already the next best thing to a pipe dream. Trying to police everyone's homework was quite beyond his limits, and he knew it.

: "Well, I had my say. Have fun at the arcade! As for yakisoba..." The third year paused, considering. "Sure, I think I can take the time. Especially after this afternoon's workout."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2021, 12:54:41 pm »

With his job done and contacts exchanged, Tomomi pushes his glasses up his nose and walks off. He honestly did want to stay and chat with his classmates but the longer he stood around the more awkward he felt and the more he imagined a negative reaction to what he said, culminating in the decision to just go to the one public place he felt comfortable, the arcade. He could have gone home of course, but his parents weren't supposed to be there that night. The emptiness of the house could be a blessing for when he wanted to destress, but right now it'd just make him feel more alone and let him second guess himself.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2021, 01:14:12 pm »

"I see, then... who wants to get rekt in Urban Combatant IV: Omega Champion Final?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2021, 05:06:25 am »

Putting her shinai back into its bag, Satō glances at the group heading towards the arcade, and shrugs.
: "Sure! I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds of.... that if you're up for it."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2021, 10:20:58 am »

"I have to get permission from my Grandfather to be out later. I need to get back to Church to help clean up for the day."

"Perhaps another time."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2021, 05:48:43 am »

: "Sure! I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds of.... that if you're up for it."

"Urban Combatter Eye Eye Vee: Ultra Omegaman Initial Finish?" Nonoka helpfully supplied, tapping at her phone with a look of concentration on her face.

She slid her phone away, and hopped onto her bike to pedal off.

"I've got stuff to do, but maybe I'll catch you guys later when I'm done."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2021, 11:31:03 am »

"OK. See ya."

Sekizawa turned to the others.

"Might as well get going! We're burning daylight standing here talking and I wanna grab some snacks on the way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2021, 05:37:45 am »

Kenji just shrugged good-naturedly. Keeping delinquent activity at school to a minimum was already the next best thing to a pipe dream. Trying to police everyone's homework was quite beyond his limits, and he knew it.

: "Well, I had my say. Have fun at the arcade! As for yakisoba..." The third year paused, considering. "Sure, I think I can take the time. Especially after this afternoon's workout."
Azusa wraps an arm around his shoulder, grinning.
"Right, who's coming for the Prez treating us to yakisoba, huh?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2021, 04:55:37 pm »

O-don's Noodle Hut

A quiet place is rare when it's just a street length away from the city's mall, but O-don's manages to be exactly that: A small food temple of solitude amidst a busy town. Granted, it was Thursday, so it wasn't filled to the brim unlike on Friday and Saturday evenings, and it was still too early for the usual regulars of worn-out office workers loosening their ties and getting something made with passion for the first time of the day.

Azusa, Kenji, and potential other Kishibe students interested in the art of O-don's craft (or students trying to peek at the former two to gather gossip material) arrive at the place. It's yakisoba time.

Ao Shiba Gaming Center

The holy land of arcade gaming in town, situated near one of the two side entrances. Rhythm games, fighting games, a few gun games, prize machines, two pairs of the same racing game based on a popular anime, a selection of refurbished classics from the 2000s and early 2010s in a corner, an unmarked baby-blue machine containing dozens of even earlier games of various quality, and "Button Slappers", a cross-shaped physical game supporting two to four players where they mash a button in front of them and the slowest one gets slapped with a rubber hammer on their hand. Button Slappers is surprisingly popular amongst delinquents, who often play the King's Mode variant (or, as they call it, "Kill Zone" Mode) where all but the fastest player gets slapped.

As Tomomi was early to leave the back alley and knows the best shortcuts to most places featuring games in this town, he was also the first to arrive by a long shot. Two Kishibe delinquents who weren't part of the Souban's group are hanging out outside of Ao Shiba, the backs of their right hands visibly reddened and their mood slightly soured. They notice Tomomi, grin and approach him, with one of them wrapping their arm around Tomomi's shoulders.
"Heeeeey, friend. Just in time. You're a good boy, aren't you? Yeah, you are. A good boy who is so good-natured that he can't possibly refuse forking over a few Yen to help out his poor fellow students, aren't you? Yeah, you are. We also don't need much, we're also good men, yes, we are. Only 2,000 Yen, that's not much, that's totally reasonable, isn't it?"
"Yeah, totally. 2,000 Yen for him, 2,000 Yen for me. You wouldn't leave your fellow students hanging, would you? That would make me a bit sad... and a bit angry. But you're such a good boy, yes, you are."

As the delinquents continue to heckle Tomomi, they suddenly get dragged away from him and he heard two nasty blows. As he turns around, he sees that the delinquents got a nosebleed each, plus a mysterious man clad in a dark suit, only his eyes visible.

"The fuck?! You know it's a rule between delinquents to not fight in the mall, right?!"
"That I am aware of. And because I am aware of it, I punished you, Kishibe dogs, for you approached a member of the Souban's gang with ill intent."
"That shrimp's what?!"
"I recommend moving, before more orifices of yours shall bleed this night."
"Fucking otaku..."
"Ahem."

The two delinquents immediately bow deep the moment the mysterious man cleared his throat.

"Sorry...! We're sorry, Shinobi Banchou!"

And with that, the delinquents run off.

"These dogs have returned to their docile state, as it should be on this hallow ground."

"... We shall meet again soon under less neutral circumstances, bespectacled whelp of the Souban's pack."

Before Tomomi could reasonably respond, the Shinobi Banchou pulls out his smart phone, made an immediate photo using the camera's light and vanished as Tomomi recovers from the lightflash.
Half a minute later, the rest of the Souban's gang who intended to visit the arcade have arrived.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:02:33 pm by SirAston »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17