Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)  (Read 13472 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 12:14:19 pm »

"No offense, but I know it's not me and none of you look strong enough to be him."

Tatsuya rested the tip of his bat on the ground and leaned back against the wall.

"Anyway, I don't care how long it takes. I'll wait until midnight if I have to."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:46:49 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 12:19:44 pm »

"... What if he's wearing glasses and a wimp suit?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 12:23:56 pm »

"Only two guys like that here."

He decided to start with the one that had spoken earlier.

"You haven't introduced yourself yet."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 12:55:36 pm »

"... What if he's wearing glasses and a wimp suit?"
Satō scoffs a little at Ishikawa's suggestion.
"Can't be, not even the Souban could get anything that good. He's probably making us wait on purpose.."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 01:14:37 pm »

The aforementioned glasses wearing wimp doesn't react for a moment, taking a bit to apparently realize it's himself being addressed by the baseball player. When he does realize, he jerks upright slightly before clearing his throat.
"Apologies. I'm Mori Tomomi, Class 2-C. I hope to be of use in to you all."
He gives a little bow before returning to his rather stiff stance especially now that he'd been directly addressed.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 01:21:14 pm »

"...I have this creeping suspicion that the glasses guy might be tougher than he looks."

"...Should have mentioned I'm also from 2-B, to be precise."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 01:27:22 pm »

Near the shadows on the outskirts of the group, she notices the others expect her to speak up.
Grace be with me.. I hope I don't mess this up.

Yamaoka Sumiko

"I am Yamaoka Sumiko, Class 1-C of Souban High. I work with my grandfather at Shōkan Kyōkai Please take care of me Senpai. She bows before clutching at a cross in her hand.

There are a lot of different people here. I hope they don't judge me too harshly..
Grace Sumiko. You won't get anywhere without some confidence in your actions. Just remember Grandfather.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2021, 01:30:10 pm »

As the group was waiting, a familiar face enters the back alley and approaches them.

It was none other than the Souban himself.

He is followed by a bit more than a dozen unfamiliar faces, all of them wearing the Hirose High uniform. Some of them wielding wooden sticks and boards, a few carrying larger rocks and one even bringing an iron chain to the mix. They were smiling and grinning at the recruits in a rather sinister manner. One of them speaks up.

"That them, big boss?"

"Yeah. Accepted them, even kinda encouraged that dork over there to join when he was about to brown his pants."

He points at Tomomi Mori. The Hirose delinquents chuckle in response and different ones start talking in response.

"Hurhur, I like 'em. So you really wanna make us fight 'em. How cruel of you, Soooouban~"

"Yup."

"This will be so much fun!"

"Yup."

"Can't wait to beat these losers up!"

"... Oh. I think you misunderstand."

The Souban slowly walks over to the recruits and turns around to the gang from Hirose High, his expression remaining as serious as ever.

"I brought you here so you can get beat up by them."

He then tilts his head half-way towards his fellow students.

"Anyone wanna chicken out of a Kishibe-style job interview?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 01:35:11 pm »

Sumiko's gaze turns from the Souban to the people in front of her.

"It isn't very nice to beat up those who can't defend themselves. Just as well we can. Who shall cast the first stone?"

There. That sounds like something Grandfather would say.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:38:34 pm by TricMagic »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 01:45:37 pm »

"You're not going to ask any behavioral questions, are you?" Nonoka said, innocently taking out a bento box.

Look, she'd aced half a dozen job interviews before, but if these people with sticks and chains were going to start asking her about the last time she had a conflict with a colleague and how she handled it...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 01:58:27 pm »

Susumu hadn't really paid much mind to what the others were saying about him. He was pretty sure that it was all bad, anyway. When the Souban showed up, though, Susumu's back straightened.

When The Souban's crew stepped forth, and the Souban announced that the test was to beat down the thugs in front of him, he flinched a little, but nodded. He was here because he wanted to be someone better than himself.

So, naturally, the first thing Susumu did (after awkwardly moving towards the gang, then moving back after he realized he couldn't exactly rush at them without inviting disaster) was to pick up a broken bottle from the alley and try to throw it at the gang.

The operative word, of course, being "try".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 02:42:49 pm »

Kenji just chuckled and shook his head. Earlier musings about a trap aside, he had suspected that the Souban would pull something like this.

: "None of you belong here." He addressed the Hirose students. "I suggest you clear out before things become unpleasant."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 02:46:30 pm »

Tatsuya brought his bat up and around, thumping the business end against his left palm a few times before pointing the tip at one of the Hirose thugs in the back.

"I think I recognize a few faces - some of you jackasses are always trying to shake down kids for lunch money around here. The name's Sekizawa, in case you don't remember... but don't worry, this time I'm going to beat it into your hides."

He took a batter's stance, waiting for the inevitable charge.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:46:11 am by SeriousConcentrate »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 03:39:46 pm »

The shattering of the bottle Susumu threw did little to change the tension in the air or distract the opposing gang. Mostly by virtue of landing on the ground halfway.

"Cool it for now, Shiraishi-kun. There's enough opportunity to learn the proper dance, promised."

A somewhat strong and definitely loud voice comes from the backrow of of the Hirose delinquents.

"OI, OI, OI! YER PULLIN' MY LEG, SOUBAN!"

The man belonging to that voice pushes forward and it was immediately apparent that he was the leader of these delinquents. First, he was a fit man with some noticable muscles under his uniform and visibly puts on a knuckle-duster as he approaches, a peculiar choice for someone who always has to expect to fight against more long-ranged weaponry like rods, boards, bats, trash cans, car tires, wooden boxes et cetera.
Second, only a leader would brandish a unique hairdo such as his.

"Yer promised me and my boys a good scuffle so yer can make up with the Tiger Bancho after yer pissed him off with yer 'Fuck the Bodyguards I have nerds!' declaration! And now yer pissin' on that peace offering? Crazy dawg yer are!"

"Crazy dawg indeed. And also a dead dawg! The Heavenly Bodyguards' gonna mess yer up real good if he hears this shit!"

Retaining his unimpressed facial expression, the Souban simply cracks his neck by shifting his head to the left and then the right before staring at Hashimoto.

"I know it's rather unusual, Hashimoto-san. Hence this not being a normal fight either. It's a vote-of-distrust fight."

The moment he mentioned these words, the Hirose delinquents lowered their weapons and fists, their faces in utter disbelief. And for good reason too, for a vote-of-distrust fight is issued when a gang no longer feels that a higher-ranked delinquent deserves to be on top of things. To stop abuse of the system, alongside the general honor- and pride-driven culture of delinquents in the area, the one who issues the challenge bets their entire territory on the fight. If the challenger wins, the delinquent gets demoted to a rank below the challenger. If the challenger loses, their territory is now part of the higher-up's realm.
In other words, the Souban just now issued a challenge where he could lose everything and win absolutely nothing, as Hashimoto is already below his rank. In fact, some rule-lawyers might even argue that in the case of the Souban winning, Hashimoto would get "demoted" to Bansho since that would be the rank below the challenger who is the Souban. It's a win-win for the Hirose gang no matter what.

"... Yer a wicked dawg, dawg. There's no way we wouldn't accept, right, boys?!"

The delinquents regain their cocky grins and start getting into a formation while shouting victory cries and some cackling like hyenas.

"Since I'm such a benevolent future Souban, yer have a fiver to whip yer nerds in shape. I don't want any of them to stain their panties when we lay on the beatdown, hurhurhurhurhur!"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 12:30:15 pm by SirAston »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »

Kenji did a few jumps in place and shoulder rolls to limber up for the now all-but-inevitable fight, but other than that he didn't bother to take a stance or otherwise look like he was ready. All he did was step forward to shield some of the more timid-looking or unarmed students.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17