Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56

Author Topic: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy | Always Recruiting  (Read 36348 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2021, 05:34:08 pm »

Well...accidents happen, I guess.  I think we will push on.

@ACTACTACT: continue the expedition, despite our losses.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »

Quote from: Hunter Rental
Master Carcarias of Ordo Mercenariorum and Johannes "Hank" Strauss of Honest Hank's Hunter Hideout (henceforth referred to as the Noble Lender) agree to provide The Noble Order of Crab, Owl and Fox (henceforth referred as the Noble Client) with the services of

• Hunter B002 (A.K.A. Cancer Sidereo)

equipped with

• (1) Hunter Shotgun
  • (1) Serrated Axe

for the length of

• (1) Expedition.

The Hunter(s) will follow all directions and commands of the Noble Client during the Expedition. All Expenses are to be paid by Noble Client. In exchange, the Noble Client shall pay to the Noble Lender a fee of ₹0.30 the first turn of the Expedition and ₹0.80 for each subsequent turn, up to a cap of 33% of the Noble Client's share of the salvaged goods and items of value recovered during the Expedition.  The Noble Client may pay the Noble Lender their share of the salvaged goods and items with any combination of Sovereigns and loot gained during this Expedition, provided the payment is equal to or greater than the amount owed.  Loss of a rented item shall incur a fee equal to its value from the Noble Client.

It is understood that Expeditions carry a risk. However, death of the Hunter resulting from reckless endangerment, defined by actions similar in kind to pushing forward despite crippling wounds/lack of supplies, negligence, or blatantly suicidal tactics, shall incur a fee of ₹3.00 from the Noble Client.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of Expeditions, it is agreed that rental payments can be suspended till the return of the Expedition or up to 4 turns after the signing of this agreement, whichever comes first.

AMENDMENT 1a:
The Noble Client is obligated to provide the Noble Lender with the full, unaltered report of the Expedition involving the Hunter listed above.   This report is to be provided promptly, at the Noble Client's earliest convenience.  Additionally, the Noble Lender agrees to maintain this report with confidentiality, and may not distribute, disclose, or allude to the contents to third parties without the express written approval of the Noble Client.  Failure by either party in this regard shall incur an immediate fee of ₹5.00 to the injured party.

Orders of the Moonlight:
- Doctor Cancrorum Filium, the Crab, signing on behalf of the Noble Order of the Crab, Owl, and Fox
-

Mercators:
- Master Carcarias
-Johannes Strauss

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2021, 05:41:26 pm »

ACTACTACT Send Waltz to Darremont's Bell Stage 1.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:39:21 am by Roboson »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2021, 06:29:45 pm »

“Big Waltz” 🤣

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2021, 06:48:45 pm »

If the other Orders are amenable to it, I propose we share the bestiary for Darremont's Bell, Stage 1.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2021, 06:58:09 pm »

If the other Orders are amenable to it, I propose we share the bestiary for Darremont's Bell, Stage 1.
Agreed. No significant advantage to keeping it secret, given that most of us already know it.

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

Also. Fellow members of OaLM: I propose we push on. If no one objects, I will send Draignean updated instructions some time tomorrow. If you have anything to suggest to me that relies on non-public knowledge, please do so via a PM or Discord DM (we don't want to let the others know about the machine gun we just acquired).
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2021, 07:02:17 pm »

Bestiary
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

No Rotten Hounds on our end.  Just the Rotten Human mobs.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2021, 07:44:05 pm »

Maybe we should rename the place zombietown~.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2021, 07:53:02 pm »

Ten kills on the board right now, just wiped out Zombietown...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2021, 01:50:50 am »

I'd live to process the next turn this evening, in about 14 hours, but I still need an action plan from OALM.

@Roboson, are you setting a preferred range or any targeting parameters?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2021, 01:53:15 am »

Upon consideration, it has been decided that we will turn back.

ACTACTACT: Fylakas is ordered to return to Town. OaLM bids ₹0.59 on Camping Supplies.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:59:09 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2021, 04:47:20 am »

I'd live to process the next turn this evening, in about 14 hours, but I still need an action plan from OALM.

@Noble Order of the Crab, Owl, and Fox : As of the above quoted post, you have 14 hours before you are in violation of Ammendment 1a, as this Noble Lender has not yet received a copy of the Expedition report.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2021, 08:01:31 am »

Number one zombie Royale, Yeah zombietown we bout to get down~ 😄

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2021, 10:45:37 am »

Invasion Rule Alterations and Clarifications: The following text in the OP has been updated.

When you Invade, you are intentionally trying to pick a fight with another Hunter or group of Hunters who are already embarked. When you invade, there is a significant chance you won't find anyone and will embark on the expedition normally, but if you do find a target you'll enter during the start of their encounter, creating a 3-way fight between the Invader(s), the AI, and the original embarkers. If there are multiple invasion candidates, you will invade one at random and cannot specify any one group in particular. You can, however, specify groups that you will immediately back off from if you invade. This, however, can lead to a very high chance of wasting your turn. In this case, you gain nothing, but can otherwise proceed as though you were victorious.

If you invade a group that is on the first stage of their expedition, you will be able to continue as a normal expedition after you achieve victory. Otherwise, you will be forced to turn back immediately, attempt to invade again immediately, or begin a new expedition at stage 1, if you achieve victory. After a successful invasion, you will have access to all the loot from the encounter, as well as the loot they've uncovered thus far. As with a normal expedition, you can invade with others.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2021, 12:46:39 pm »

Further Clarifications: When selling loot items back to the store, please tag the action with ACTACTACT. Granting the market a steady supply of interesting reagents can yield dividends beyond mere coin.
---
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56