Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56

Author Topic: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy | Always Recruiting  (Read 36316 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2021, 10:58:49 pm »

A character can (and will) melee with only their fists. This is not a great option, but it is an option.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2021, 11:20:01 pm »

A character can (and will) melee with only their fists. This is not a great option, but it is an option.
... I wonder if we can make a build based around this... Would need to find or make the right Subject, maybe give them some martial arts training... Could be interesting.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2021, 11:22:09 pm »

The Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica, opting for a non-tool based fighting style? Perish the thought!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2021, 11:25:03 pm »

The Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica, opting for a non-tool based fighting style? Perish the thought!
Well, what if we replace their arms with enhanced prosthetics once we have the technology or magic, or biology I guess...
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2021, 01:50:49 am »

Well, what if we replace their arms with enhanced prosthetics once we have the technology or magic, or biology I guess...
Yes please.

@Knightwing64: On behalf of the Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica, I invite you to join our enterprise. If you are willing, add your name to the bottom of this contract:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you are unwilling, please indicate this. Failure to respond within 11.5 hours will be taken as rejection.

@Doomblade: If Knightwing refuses, could we get a loan from you that looks like this:
Quote from: Loan Contract (preview)
The undersigned Order of the Midnight Redeemers agrees to immediately transfer ₹0.7 to the undersigned Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica.
OaLM will repay this sum following the return of its first expedition.
The amount owed will accrue 5% interest per turn, plus a fixed ₹0.07 ((eg repaying after two turns would be 0.7+(2*5%*0.7)+(0.07)= 0.84, four turns would be 0.91)).
Should OaLM be unwilling or unable to repay this amount at the agreed upon deadline, OotMR may seize assets of equivalent value.
-(not signed yet)
-
Or something like that. Key point is we're looking for ₹0.7 at a reasonable interest rate.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2021, 02:51:13 am »

We could buy the Precision Carbine and rent the axe from Kashyyk.

I'm happy to rent out the ✢Serrated Axe✢ for ₹0.1 per turn. If you want additional funds for equipment I'm also willing to loan you up to ₹0.5 at a Sharky rate (₹0.05 interest per turn with payment due in six turns).

Please pick one or more of the contracts below.

Spoiler: Rental Contract (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buy-on-Credit Contract (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2021, 06:41:07 am »

Any team interested in another doctor?

Also willing to lent money
Spoiler: Goro and Co (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:47:21 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2021, 07:06:29 am »

@Knightwing64: On behalf of the Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica, I invite you to join our enterprise. If you are willing, add your name to the bottom of this contract:
[spoiler]
Quote from: Charter of the "Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica"
We undersigned doctors do hereby charter the creation of the "Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica" (henceforth referred to as "OaLM"). We agree to pursue this order in Good Faith, to maintain comradery with our fellow members, and to strive at all times to restore the Empire to its former mechanical glory.

Resources gained through OaLM's efforts are to be split as evenly as possible between the undersigned members.  In the event a gained resource cannot be split evenly, individual members of OaLM may reimburse the other members the difference to claim that particular resource.  Multiple members interested in a particular resource may bid on the item, with the proceeds split evenly among the remaining party members.  The OaLM may, through majority vote, elect to retain a percentage of the resources gained, which will then be used to advance the orders agenda.

Decisions made regarding the OaLM require a majority vote.  Alterations to the OaLM charter require a unanimous vote.  In the event a member is unreachable for a vote or otherwise missing for three (3) or more days, they are considered to have conceded their voting powers until their return.

A "Chairman" may be elected to make decisions on behalf of the OaLM, thus waiving the requirement of a majority vote.  This elected Chairman requires a unanimous vote to assume the position, must be a member of OaLM, and may be removed from their position at any time by any member of OaLM.

A member of OaLM may exit the order by announcing their resignation at the start of a turn, which then takes effect at the start of the following turn.  The OaLM will then select a sum of assets with which to provide the exiting member equal to their portion of the orders shares (1/NumberOfMembers).  In the event that such an amount is unable to be paid immediately, the OaLM is required to pay the amount at their first available convenience.

Any member of the order found to have acted in Poor Faith against his fellow members may be expelled from the order with a unanimous vote, barring the member in question. 

Acts of Poor Faith include, but are not limited to, the attempt or performance of the following against fellow members or their assets:
  • Murder
  • Theft
  • Willful deceit
  • Chicanery
  • Destruction and/or damage
  • Disparaging remarks regarding mechanical constructs.

Those undersigned agree to each contribute to this order the following:
  • One (1) Starter Moonlight Inoculation
  • ₹3.00

This pool of resources will be used to purchase and outfit a minimum of one (1) Moonlight Hunter, who shall be named Fylakas

Doctors of the Moonlight:
- Doctor Enato Pyrinikos, the Radiant.
- Doctor Rando Dude
- Doctor Digger Of the Vin clan, Seeker of the arcane
- Doctor Logan Antigonus, The Demon of the Arcana.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:12:03 am by Knightwing64 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2021, 07:10:13 am »

Okay, just gonna fix the formatting, for posterity. oalmoalmoalm
Quote from: Charter of the "Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica"
We undersigned doctors do hereby charter the creation of the "Ordo ad Liberandum Mechanica" (henceforth referred to as "OaLM"). We agree to pursue this order in Good Faith, to maintain comradery with our fellow members, and to strive at all times to restore the Empire to its former mechanical glory.

Resources gained through OaLM's efforts are to be split as evenly as possible between the undersigned members.  In the event a gained resource cannot be split evenly, individual members of OaLM may reimburse the other members the difference to claim that particular resource.  Multiple members interested in a particular resource may bid on the item, with the proceeds split evenly among the remaining party members.  The OaLM may, through majority vote, elect to retain a percentage of the resources gained, which will then be used to advance the orders agenda.

Decisions made regarding the OaLM require a majority vote.  Alterations to the OaLM charter require a unanimous vote.  In the event a member is unreachable for a vote or otherwise missing for three (3) or more days, they are considered to have conceded their voting powers until their return.

A "Chairman" may be elected to make decisions on behalf of the OaLM, thus waiving the requirement of a majority vote.  This elected Chairman requires a unanimous vote to assume the position, must be a member of OaLM, and may be removed from their position at any time by any member of OaLM.

A member of OaLM may exit the order by announcing their resignation at the start of a turn, which then takes effect at the start of the following turn.  The OaLM will then select a sum of assets with which to provide the exiting member equal to their portion of the orders shares (1/NumberOfMembers).  In the event that such an amount is unable to be paid immediately, the OaLM is required to pay the amount at their first available convenience.

Any member of the order found to have acted in Poor Faith against his fellow members may be expelled from the order with a unanimous vote, barring the member in question. 

Acts of Poor Faith include, but are not limited to, the attempt or performance of the following against fellow members or their assets:
  • Murder
  • Theft
  • Willful deceit
  • Chicanery
  • Destruction and/or damage
  • Disparaging remarks regarding mechanical constructs.

Those undersigned agree to each contribute to this order the following:
  • One (1) Starter Moonlight Inoculation
  • ₹3.00

This pool of resources will be used to purchase and outfit a minimum of one (1) Moonlight Hunter, who shall be named Fylakas

Doctors of the Moonlight:
- Doctor Enato Pyrinikos, the Radiant.
- Doctor Rando Dude
- Doctor Digger Of the Vin clan, Seeker of the arcane
- Doctor Logan Antigonus, The Demon of the Arcana

With that, we can now afford to go for those delicious shotgunaxes.

ACTACTACT: OaLM bids ₹6.13 for the ✾Twin Shotgun Handaxes✾

@Draignean question: does loot scale with the number of Hunters on an expedition? I'm guessing probably not, but it isn't clear.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:44:29 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2021, 07:11:28 am »

I fixed it. Was still figuring out how to do it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2021, 07:27:20 am »

@Draignean question: does loot scale with the number of Hunters on an expedition? I'm guessing probably not, but it isn't clear.

It does not. This in conjunction with the per-hunter cost to embark means that, while it does have the best odds of survival, just flinging more bodies at the problem is not cost-effective after a certain point.

Also, a Discord question from @Kashyyk

Are people allowed to cancel their bid, if they are currently winning?

A: This is a good point, and one I had not thought of. Lazy Fair dictates that I offload the burden to you when possible. So...

If you cancel a winning bid, you need to either find someone willing to take over your bid, or pay 10% of the canceled bid as an auctioneer's fee.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2021, 09:46:19 am »

ACTACTACT
The Order of Moonlight Redeemers has decided to place bids on the precision carbine (2.39),  padded vest (0.48), and duelling cane (0.76)

First: Doomblade
Second:
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2021, 11:08:48 am »

ACTx3
The Order of Moonlight Redeemers has decided to place bids on the precision carbine (2.39),  padded vest (0.48), and duelling cane (0.76)

First: Doomblade
Second: Doctore Exemplar, Former Chevalier

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2021, 11:22:37 am »

ACTACTACT
Bid 2.64 on Plated Cuirass
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2021, 05:33:12 pm »

TURNTURNTURN[/spoiler]
Turn 1

By experimental drafts of Moonlight's best, of a curse refined, four of those afflicted are brought back to their humanity. Lacking memories, most are provided with names by their respective saviors and all are indoctrinated into service.

A debt is owed, after all.

@Rockeater: Successfuly bids ₹2.64 for a Plated Cuirass.
Spoiler: Auctioned Item (click to show/hide)

@MoonlightRedeemers: Successfully bids ₹3.63 for Precision Carbine, Deuling Cane, and a Padded Vest. They also win candidate A643 for ₹3.00.
Spoiler: Auctioned Items (click to show/hide)

@OALM: Successfully bids ₹6.13 for the Twin Shotgun Handaxes, and also wins candidate E133 for ₹3.00.

@Hank Successfully bids ₹2.43 for the Bloodborne starter kit Serrated Axe and Hunter Shotgun.

@Andrea: Wins candidate B002 for ₹3.00.
Spoiler: Auctioned Item (click to show/hide)

@NOCOF: Successfully bids ₹2.03 for an Alert Tripmine, a Padded Vest, a Bandit Dagger, and a brace of Throwing Daggers. They also win candidate F858 for ₹3.00.

Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)

The Store
Spoiler: Inoculation Candidates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Melee Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ranged Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Equipment (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:35:40 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56