Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56

Author Topic: Ventures By Moonlight | A Semi-Cooperative Dark Fantasy | Always Recruiting  (Read 36279 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Dr. Alfirna Awanez agrees to loan Aigre the Armourer 0.39 and a Bandit's Dagger for the duration of the Magical Beginnings Expedition.
In exchange Aigre the Armourer agrees to transfer 5% of the expedition's loot by value to Dr. Alfirna Awanez.

-Dr. Alfirna Awanez
-

Spoiler: Dr. Alfirna Aywanez (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT
Craft an undying splint
Buy T3 ammo
Sell 5 Lunacite chips for 0.2

Contribute Undying splint and Improved first aid kit to the Carn Cartography Expedition
(Nuke please add those to your hunters)

ACTACTACT: Virgo Sidereo embarks to Carn Feuerlyn on the Carn Cartography Expedition. (Spending 1.5 sovs on embark costs)
Spoiler: Expedition Manifest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 02:33:01 pm by andrea »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

@a1s: Thanks, I appreciate it.

@Iridium64: Loan at bottom if you're interested

MONEY TO LEND! ₹3.82 available! Note the new rate! May be the last turn before the interest rate doubles!

Spoiler: Jack's Blacksand Bank (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Andrea Bank Ban Started Turn 19
You are banned from any lending from Jack's Blacksands Bank for the period of 6 turns.  Your attempt to defraud your expedition companions caused a borrower's bag of sovereigns to come up light, and almost completely destabilized our fine institution and the entire Haven economy.  It is only due to the fact that you are a long-standing client that your ban is temporary instead of permanent.

Quote from: Small Short-term Loan
Jack's Blacksand Bank hereby agrees to lend [your name here] ₹2  at 8% interest per turn (or 0.16 added per turn).

x Jack's Blacksand Bank
x [you sign here]

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT

Zeal Under Moonlight and Silicon Dioxide will rest and recover.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

TURNTURNTURN
Turn 21

NOCOF: Bids ₹0.98 and wins both the cracked affinity stone and the Camping supplies from the market. In addition, they donate ₹1 to the Haven Asylum. Finally, they craft a set of twitching chains and embark on the long road to Carn Feuerlyn with all Hunters.
Spoiler: Purchases (click to show/hide)

Robocorp: Jerv returns home. Additionally, they donate a sovereign to the expansion of the Asylum. They also craft  a Grisly Gambeson from materials.
Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)

Iridium: Pythia returns to haven.

OALM: Crafts Martyn’s Heart into Martyn’s Oathblade, and sends Keravnos and Ochyrosi to spearhead the Carn Cartography expedition.
Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)

M?R: The M?R joins OALM and Robocorp in donating to the Asylum, allowing it to be expanded beyond its ramshackle beginnings. Zeal under Moonlight and Silicon Dioxide also spend some time resting and recovering.

Ara Memoria: Crafts a corrupt moonlight inoculation from gathered materials, treats Arianna of her wounds, and sends her on a new expedition to Darremont’s Bell.

Aigre: Sends candidate U06-832 out into Darremont alongside Draco from Dr. Aywanez

Dr. Alfirna Aywanez: Leads the Magical Beginnings Expedition, sending Draco to Darremont.

Andrea: Buys out an Improved First Aid Kit for ₹1.26, crafts an undying splint from materials, and picks up some additional ammunition.
Spoiler: Purchase (click to show/hide)

Haven
The items brought back and sold from both the Antiquarian's manor and the second expedition to kill the seemingly immortal Martyn serve to fuel a number of breakthroughs, though some have more dire implications than others...

Unlocked:
Pure Moonlight Inoculation
Unfiltered Moonlight
Stunted Symbiote
Eldritch Firebomb

Additionally, steady donations to the Haven Asylum have resulted in tangible upgrades. The ability to provide full supportive care to the ill gives those Hunters that are chosen a considerable edge in beating back the ravages of illness, and it’s expected that this will translate into a small but noticeable increase in their overall skills. (Hunters will, on average, start 2 skill points higher)

Furthermore, the expansion of the Asylum has allowed for a few small experimental trials to take place. While the materials at hand are still woefully limited, and entirely incapable of saving a Candidate, they will allow them to persist a little longer on average. (On average, 1 fewer Hunter is removed from the asylum each round)

Carn Feuerlyn

The road to the City of Carn Feuerlyn is long, and pigeons arrive day by day to inform the doctors in charge of both Cartography expeditions of their respective group’s progress. The roads are mercifully clear, though the Holy Hunters cut around many small towns along the road in order to avoid any remaining presence of the moon touched around such gutted bastions of civilization.

The day the expeditions were scheduled to reach Carn Feuerlyn, however, the pigeon traffic stops suddenly. It takes two days for the next tenebrous pigeon to arrive, and though the news it bears seems far less grim than feared, the pigeon itself was severely burned from some kind of electrical discharge and seemed nearly dead.

From hushed conversation between the doctors, eavesdropping, and a bit of rampant speculation, Haven slowly learns of the fate of Carn Feuerlyn. As yet, none of the more conventional Rotten have been sighted - something has been cleaning Carn’s citizens off the streets, cutting them apart, and horrifically stitching them back together along with a packing of cruel ‘augmentations’. While most seem piteous, there do seem to be some far stronger and more intelligent creations made from the citizenry, in particular a report details an augmented creature capable of manipulating lightning via its implants - and very likely the type of creature that has been murdering the pigeons.

While few automata have been sighted thus far, it’s clear that Carn’s mechanical guardsmen have been fully corrupted and re-armed with lethal weaponry - inflicting significant damage to Holy Hunters with a barrage of rifle fire.

The outskirts of the city itself seem only lightly defended, but the journey up to the gate plaza that leads to the inner city will surely be a perilous one. Speculation about what lies beyond the gate flits from lip to ear like bonfire sparks, but there seems to be nothing concrete known.

Spoiler: Haven Improvements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)

The Store
Spoiler: Inoculation Candidates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Melee Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ranged Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Equipment (click to show/hide)

Alchemy and Crafting
Spoiler: Available Recipes (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

ActActAct: Have Arianna return back.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actactact:
Bid ₹3 on Candidate V3-9260.

Bid ₹1 on Weighted Gauntlets.

Bid ₹.71 on Glass Bell.

Sell 5 Lunacite Fragments (.8) and one Cult Journal (.42).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 05:06:51 pm by Roboson »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Pythia will Rest and Recover. Sell all loot. Bid ₹0.65 on Weathered Bow and ₹0.66 on Wooden Hammer.

If anyone offers me a better offer on any of these items, I will be willing to sell them.

Spoiler: Loot Sold (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:11:39 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT:

Continue forward with expedition Magical Beginnings.

Retain the same settings for Candidate U06-832:

Preferred Range: 5
Movement: Maintain Range with Free Movement

Melee Target Weights (
LeastNumerous = 1
Wounded = 2
)

Ranged Target Weights (
LeastNumerous = 1
Wounded = 3
HasRanged = 4
Closest 2
)

Spoiler: Loot So Far (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:09:13 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Continue forward with expedition Magical Beginnings. (does this need to be said?)

Spoiler: expedition manifest (click to show/hide)

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Continue forward with expedition Magical Beginnings. (does this need to be said?)

It does indeed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update in approximately 22 hours.
---

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: RC/M?R Antiquarian Manor Expedition
The following signatories agree to an expedition into the Antiquarian Manor. The terms of the agreement are as follows:

1)The signatories commit to operating in good faith. Betrayal, negligence in hunter equipment or manifest, or other acts which may intentionally cause harm or damages to the other signatories are acts of bad faith.
2) If an order has acted in bad faith, they agree to pay for such damages caused, including equipment and hunter replacement.
3) The loot distribution is as follows:
A) Each hunter provided entitles each participating signatory to 30% of the loot.
B) Roboson gains an additional 10% of the loot value for providing the Antiquarian Map.
C) The loot will be split as evenly as possible along the percentage shares by value of total loot.

All Agreed,

Roboson, Robocorp

Spoiler: Equipment Manifest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 12:45:40 pm by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Keravnos and Ochyrosi continue on the Carn Cartography Expedition. Keravnos gives an Undying Splint to Virgo. No other changes.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT

Virgo uses an undying splint.
Virgo continues on the Carn Cartography expedition

Reload: allowed
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56