Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2: Villager Win  (Read 10790 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2 [Sign-Ups: 8/5+?]
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 08:52:44 pm »

In since I only got to play 24 hours of Dreams of Elan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2 [Sign-Ups: 9/5+?]
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 10:02:18 pm »

I'll start the game tomorrow, then. Max cap will be 10 unless the players want more, in which case... I mean, I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2 [Sign-Ups: 9/5+?]
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 06:05:54 pm »

The town of Three Pillars might be nothing but a hole in the dirt, but it's your hole in the dirt. A town set up during the gold rush, it quickly became what it is today after the gold dried up. The lot of you are the only things left between here and forever, and lately, the howling of wolves have left you with no other choice.

You need to root out those werewolves, or else you're gonna lose the only thing you have left.

It is now Night. Night ends when all actions are in or 24 hours have passed.

REMINDER: If you target the Middle Roles, please specify Left, Middle, or Right.

Setup:
Werewolf
Mystic Wolf
Minion
Seer
Apprentice Seer
Robber
Troublemaker
Village Idiot
Aura Seer
Drunk
Prince
Cursed

Spoiler: Action Priority (click to show/hide)

Player Order:
Knightwing64
ToonyMan
EuchreJack
BluarianKnight
Persus13
Jim Groovester
notquitethere
4maskwolf
Secretdorf

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 06:07:37 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2 [Night]
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 06:10:05 pm »

Last night you heard the howling. There were at least two that you heard, but it's likely there are sympathizers among you. Everyone gathers in the square, and the hunt begins.

It is now Day. Day lasts until April 27th, 2021 at 18:00 CDT.

REMINDER: Votes are non-binding during this Phase. You must vote during the Vote Phase, after the Day Phase.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf - Round 2 [Day]
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 06:17:11 pm »

Does anyone know what Middle Roles, Left, Middle, and Right mean?

It sounds like complete gibberish to me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 06:30:11 pm »

You never played the tabletop version of this? This is what the table looks like:

So everyone has their own role card, with three unclaimed roles in the middle of the table. There are role abilities that target those middle roles (look to see what roles aren't in the game, swap out players roles with roles in the middle etc.).

As there are three central cards, they can be distinguished as left, middle and right.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 06:31:41 pm »

Sure! So this is based off a physical game:
Spoiler: Image Spoilered (click to show/hide)

In the physical game, the roles are represented by cards. When you play this game in real life, you play with three more cards than the number of people playing, so everyone gets a card and there's three cards that go face down in the middle of everyone playing. This is to have some more uncertainty in what's actually in play and give the wolves some leeway.

Middle Roles, Left, Middle, and Right seems to be Webadict representing those middle cards in a digital format. Several roles can interact with these middle cards, for instance the Seer can look at two of the middle roles, and the drunk switches their role with one of the middle cards during the night (and doesn't know the new role). The cards being left, middle, and right matters because people choose which card to interact. For instance, the seer could have looked at the left and middle role cards, while the drunk could have taken the right role cards. Which would matter because otherwise the seer could tell the drunk what role they are.

Pre-post Edit: Oh, ninja'd by NQT.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 06:32:02 pm »

The hunt begins.

I started the night as the Prince.

Anyone with role manipulation abilities should claim first.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 06:41:15 pm »

I didn't start the night as the troublemaker, robber, or village idiot.

Speaking of village idiot, webadict am I considered to the right of BluarianKnight?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 06:42:56 pm »

Interestingly enough, as there's only two werewolves, it's possible (if they're both in the centre) that we need a no vote to win. We have enough roles between us though to be able to quickly tell.

For those that haven't played ONUW before: this is a game where you must make claims. Staying silent is bad play. You absolutely can fakeclaim as town if there's a good reason for it.

Anyway: I will claim when at least five players have claimed, because my claim is particularly likely to catch players out in a lie.

Incorrect Mr Wolf. If role swappers claim first then town players who realise they've been become wolves will adapt their claims accordingly.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 06:44:08 pm »

Guys help I'm on a two game dunce streak I'd like to take the cap off

If you have an ability is its use mandatory or optional?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2021, 06:46:20 pm »

Speaking of village idiot, webadict am I considered to the right of BluarianKnight?
For ordering, left to right is the following:

Knightwing64 - ToonyMan - EuchreJack - BluarianKnight - Persus13 - Jim Groovester - notquitethere - 4maskwolf - Secretdorf -  Knightwing64, again

Essentially, up can be considered left and down considered right.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 06:46:54 pm »

Guys help I'm on a two game dunce streak I'd like to take the cap off

If you have an ability is its use mandatory or optional?
Mandatory, though some roles have options of how they use their ability.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 06:48:08 pm »

For ordering, left to right is the following:

Knightwing64 - ToonyMan - EuchreJack - BluarianKnight - Persus13 - Jim Groovester - notquitethere - 4maskwolf - Secretdorf -  Knightwing64, again

Essentially, up can be considered left and down considered right.
Thanks for the clarification!
Sigtext

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2021, 06:54:31 pm »

Interestingly enough, as there's only two werewolves, it's possible (if they're both in the centre) that we need a no vote to win. We have enough roles between us though to be able to quickly tell.

For those that haven't played ONUW before: this is a game where you must make claims. Staying silent is bad play. You absolutely can fakeclaim as town if there's a good reason for it.

Anyway: I will claim when at least five players have claimed, because my claim is particularly likely to catch players out in a lie.

Incorrect Mr Wolf. If role swappers claim first then town players who realise they've been become wolves will adapt their claims accordingly.

This doesn't sit well with my chi.

Why tell folks to claim - but then not claim yourself?

There's only one role that would be of use - Aura Seer. So are you claiming that?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13