Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: You are a Can of Soda (SG)  (Read 3872 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Can of Soda (SG)
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2021, 09:44:30 am »

Quickly, you try to think. Security, not police. Still, the bot should be equipped with speakers, more efficient than your vibrato-synth method of talking... why isn't it saying anything?

"Interrogative:  Do you recognize me?" you ask.

The eye immediately refocuses to wide-angle, approximating surprise. It's the most expression it can really make, given no visible arms or a mouth. "...Negative," it responds after a long moment. "Insufficient input. This unit is calibrated for baseline humanoids. Detecting human-like mode of communication, but no living matter. Conclusion:  unregistered android personnel. ERROR:  No humanoid limbs. Does not compute."

It wheels an inch closer. "Please identify yourself."

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2021, 10:45:52 am »

We should try to integrate with its mind, but we definitely mustn't spook it.

I'll let someone else come up with an "identification"  :D
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2021, 11:21:17 pm »

This is a mobile drink vending kiosk meant to caffeinate and hydrate the workforce.

We shouldn't try to "interface" directly with anything self willed.  It appears our enlightenment effects use the baseline utility of any object and objects with preexisting intelligence have their individuality mostly subservient to the greater whole.

We should wait to experiment on android or robotics forms when it is not a security situation.

We also might be able to streamline or repair organic bio machinery so we should look into that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2021, 02:44:22 am »

This is a mobile drink vending kiosk meant to caffeinate and hydrate the workforce.
+1

But what if we later decide we want to become a blob of metal and meat that absorbs everything in it's path?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2021, 07:12:32 am »

+1

But what if we later decide we want to become a blob of metal and meat that absorbs everything in it's path?

We have all our time to consider that... :P

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2021, 05:18:13 pm »

+1
+1 “Are there any other humans who visit the place as frequently as Rick?”

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2021, 12:20:28 am »

Silence. The robot barely moves, still considering you with that single whirring eye. It feels oddly satisfying, in a way; like you're the center of the universe, as you should be. Or inasmuch a universe as you know of, given your relative lack of knowledge.

"Identity confirmed. Unit SV21-E, economy model. Does not compute. Commercial economy kiosks lack basic VI integration. Tentative conclusion:  higher authority at work."

You drip-relay bits of this to the rest of the can family. They chafe at the idea of Mother being an outdated machine, at the injustice of greedy humans wasting time drinking coffee—with a quick apology to the few cans of quick-shake ovaltine you carry, no offense—instead of upgrading such vital and important infrastructure! They must see her every day! Mother confirms this, as she's noticed everyone who ever crossed her facial recognition system. Not that she's ever been able to do anything about it until now, other than the rank task of passing it along to authorities when queried.

...Suddenly, you get a flash of inspiration.

"Undercover unit investigating criminal activity," you posit.

That gets the bot's attention; its eye widens again, and you think you see its plates twitch. "Query:  active situation?"

You wheel side-to-side, effecting a slight 'shake-of-the-head' gesture. "Surveying human activity. Records incomplete... other personnel besides 'Rick'?"

WHIRRRR!

The bot rolls forward, and you barely flinch back before it collides with your front. "WHERE IS THE CRIMINAL RICK?" it demands in a commanding tone, an angry red glow spreading over your glass window from its eye. "WANTED:  THEFT OF PROPERTY. UNAUTHORIZED DISMANTLING OF VEHICLES."

.....Suddenly, where he got the battery from clicks for you. The bot either doesn't notice it on you, or doesn't care, though; at least for now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2021, 04:01:23 am »

That robot is toughing us, so let us touch it back and read it's mind!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2021, 04:39:36 am »

That robot is toughing us, so let us touch it back and read it's mind!
+1 and by “read its mind” I mean Assimilate. We can’t have it attack Rick, Rick gave us movement
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]