Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Skavenslaves: A Gruntslike in a Warhammer setting  (Read 11189 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skavenslaves: A Gruntslike in a Warhammer setting
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 12:53:20 am »

Nest Gamchicoth switches support to the proposal to conquer Karak Eight Peaks, out of a desperate desire to not be the last one on the losing side.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 03:44:44 am »

Nest Zultan supports going and killing the beard things to death.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 06:05:55 am »

Nest hunger supports making a undercity.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 07:44:14 am »

Clearskaven sets up a killbox against the other nests. Taste rock.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 08:59:12 am »

Nest Dino begins an attack on the beard things

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 04:18:57 am »

Wait wait wait, so when given the choice murdering some elves, some of you actually prefer to go attack the dwarves, in this forum of all places?

You sicken me.   :P

((consider this my PTW))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 05:49:21 am »

Wait wait wait, so when given the choice murdering some elves, some of you actually prefer to go attack the dwarves, in this forum of all places?

((consider this my PTW))

Well, they are rats, after all.

Is it too late for signups, or can we announce "A new nest forms!" at some point.  Trying to decide if I'm over-committing at this point.

EDIT: Eh, they're rats.  If they die because I abandon them, so be it.

Nest Name: EuchreRats
Current unit designation: EuchreRat 1
Progress Route: Spear
Victory Points: 0
Defeat Points: 0

A new nest is born!  Nest EuchreRats slept in late, and is unable to do anything but hide like dirty rats!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 10:05:44 am »

I have a couple housekeeping things to address.
I updated the OP a little with some basic RTD rules. please check them out. of special note is that I'd like you guys to post your character sheet in your actions so I can keep track of who is who and so I don't forget to give you your level-ups and new classes when appropriate. At the very least, your unit designation, character class, and any items of note sho8uld be recorded there. if you find a handy stick, I probably don't need that noted, but if you find the Ruby Ring of Ruin and can now cast fireball, I need to know that.

2. I don't really have a second thing yet. I probably forgot something else, like how I planned ot distribute promotion points and how many are needed for each new character class.

3. That is all.

4. ah yes. I remember now. In general it is important for each player to have one (1) action post per turn. Htat doesn't apply to these infighting sessions however, as chaos is the norm here. go wild.

Now, for the actual turn (read the bottom of the post to see where you are after the infighting settles.)

Clan Clearskaven attacks Clan Zultan for having an unskaven sound. Support Expanding Skavendom.
Clearskaven sets up a killbox against the other nests. Taste rock.
1 vote for fighting pointy ears, I think. (5) Clan Zultan loses it's voting member this round! (2) Clearskaven tastes a rock! it's voting member looses it's front teeth and now speaks with a lisp!

Clan Rat supports expand-grow of the Skavendom under the elf-things!
On second thought, Clan Rat wants to slay-kill those beard-things and totally not because of the need to backstab-betray each other!.
In other words, Clan Rat literally backstabs Clan Clearskaven because Skaven are Skaven.

(6) Clearskaven's lispy spokesrat goes down with several large knives in it's kidneys! Clearskaven's vote is overruled! Nest Rat is dominant and has the attention of the masses!

((1 for fighting elves, overruled. 1 for fighting dwarves))

Nest Gamchicoth points out that we are Nests under Clan Mors, and not full-fledged Clans ourselves. Nest Gamchicoth supports expanding to the north.
Nest Gamchicoth switches support to the proposal to conquer Karak Eight Peaks, out of a desperate desire to not be the last one on the losing side.
In true Skaven fashion, Gamichicoth's spokesperson switches sides as one side seems dominant!
(2) Nest Gamichicoth's spokesrat can't get a word in knifewise! It just keeps squeaking and gesticulating wildly!

((1 against the elves, 2 against the dwarves.))

Nest Dino goes a different way, choosing to expand-grow the Skavendom more towards the beard-things in preparation for their destruction
Nest Dino begins an attack on the beard things
(2) Nest Dino's spokesrat wisely scurries to the side in the pretense of looking out for the real enemies of the rats, and totally not-not just to avoid having it's fur worn as a battle trophy!

((1 against the pointy ears, 3 against the beard-things))

Nest Click-Click Bang-Bang will kill-smash the beard things and green-things
The majority seems heavily in favor of putting the beard things in their place - that is, in our bellies, yes-yes!

((1 to destroy the arrogant-wicked elfs, 4 to topple the dirty-short beardies))

Nest hunger supports making a undercity.
(5) Nest hunger makes it's opinion known by hiding under the council table!)

((2 for bending the Vortex to our-my will, 4 for taking back our0my great Skaven fortress at 8 Peaks))

((consider this my PTW))

Well, they are rats, after all.

Is it too late for signups, or can we announce "A new nest forms!" at some point.  Trying to decide if I'm over-committing at this point.

EDIT: Eh, they're rats.  If they die because I abandon them, so be it.

A new nest is born!  Nest EuchreRats slept in late, and is unable to do anything but hide like dirty rats!
Like most of the rest of the rats in the meeting-council, nest EuchreRats' spokesSkaven ends the fight under the furniture.

The fear stink-combat musk settles, with the crowd generally in support of retaking 8 Peaks under Clan Mors!

A long and harsh march-journey through the underways leads the newly established army to the outskirts of Clan Mors newly established Headquarters in the southern mountains of the Spine of the world. To the south and to the east in the mountain passes are two small settlement-towns, each filled with the nasty-stinky greenskins. To the west, at the foot of the mountains, is an apparently ruined settlement, half buried in the sand. But all of that is a matter-issue for tomorrow. Camping nearby the mountain pass is an army of goblins and orcs. It is time to go to war!

You arrive at the greenskins' encampment and find them ready for battle. 3 units of goblins, one unit of goblin archers, and two units of orc big boys line up across the slope from you. The battlefield slopes heavily down to the left. the ground is open with little cover aside from a rocky outcropping halfway up the slope. The greenskins are arranged about midway up the slope, but below the level of hte rocky outcropping, which is closer to your forces than to theirs. Your forces include:

swordslaves: 4 units
spearslaves: 2 units
Slingerslaves: 2 units

arrange yourselves in a battle formation! Your action this round should be to tell me where your unit stands on the battlefield. You can only deploy on the near side of the battlefield (with the enemy army arranged on the far side of the field). downslope is left, upslope is right. Front is closer to the enemy, back is further from the enemy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 10:26:19 am »

Rush towards the rocky outcropping nearest to the gobbo spears, for we are brave skaven trying to kill a worthy foe, and totally not just hiding close to the weakest enemy...

Edited to make that a bit clearer.  Directions are for weak elves and fat dwarves!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 12:06:43 pm »

Spoiler: Click-Click Bang-Bang (click to show/hide)
stay in the center back of the formation, pelt any Green-things that get too close with rocks.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 04:13:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Use Nest EuchreRats’ chosen brave position to our advantage and line up behind them and out of sight, so that when the smelly green jerks clash with Nest EuchreRats, Nest Dino can flank the gobbos on both sides ever so courageously and let loose our fighting fury upon them

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 05:39:29 pm »

Be rats, Hide in darkness, Sneak in and Kill enemy’s when they are weakened.

Guys, We are rats. Act like a goddamn rat. (No offense.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 06:42:04 pm »

Be rats, Hide in darkness, Sneak in and Kill enemy’s when they are weakened.

Guys, We are rats. Act like a goddamn rat. (No offense.)

Exactly. We’re rats. Forces to be reckoned with. Terrors of the land. Devourers of other people’s food. A mouse’s worst nightmare. And soon to be slayers of the green smelly jerks that are in our dang yard!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 07:23:41 pm »

Line up behind Nest Dino's rat and use the exact same strat that rat is doing.
Spoiler: Angry Squeaking (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 07:36:26 pm »

so at this point we've just formed a conga line behind Euchre
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6