Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OOC - Fear No Gods ; A Low Fantasy Succession Game  (Read 552 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
OOC - Fear No Gods ; A Low Fantasy Succession Game
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:27:05 pm »

IC Thread
Old IC Thread

Fear No Gods | A Low Fantasy Succession Game

Hi all, this is just a continuation of Fear no Gods, by Ixarys. As he is no longer able to keep updating the game, I've decided to carry on for him, with his permission. Most of the below is written by them, save for a few edits here and there.

To be clear, this thread is for rules, claiming and general discussion around the game. IC thread is for Game Master and players' posts, plus for votes if needed.

The Principles

This game functions in a similar manner to bloodline games in Dwarf Fortress.  The GM will give context, and issues, and players, one each turn, will describe the ruler, their personality and their attempts to solve issues. You will understand what I mean in the character sheet. For each rule, I will roll dice (mostly D100) to see  how successful a reign is, how long it lasts, how many children and so on. The game ends if you lose all control over your lands (becoming a tributary, being on losing side of civil war / rebellion, or end of dynasty are not game ending, being conquered and absorbed is).

To have a chance to submit a ruler to the game, the players need to claim a place in the queue. Thus, when your turn is on, I'll give you a week or two to post your own ruler sheet. In case of an active player being particularly inactive, I will simply skip them after a time.

For those who are waiting, I will sometimes give polls for events.

Claims

Players can claim whenever they want by a post in the OOC. The order for the first 5 or 10 (depending of how many claims in the first days) will be randomized, next will be first come, first serve. Once the claim list is done, we'll go back to the front of the queue.

Votes

Sometimes, votes will happen at the end of a post to faciltate an event in-game. Everyone can vote, players and non-players. All votes are to be made  in  the IC thread.

The character

You are quite free to tailor your ruler, aside from some restrictions that I will specify at the end of a post. More generally speaking, please stay consistent with what happened with previous rulers. Also try to not make perfect characters and rulers; those are not the best material to create good stories.

RP points

If you want to create some roleplay texts and articles, to flesh the lore and the world of the game, you can post them in the IC thread. The lore created need to be about the past or present, and in coherence with other lore and events in the game. Though you don't need to be a player to post lore texts, you need to be a player in the queue if you want to get RP points from it. One point is granted per RP text, with one RP point giving you a +5 to a roll of your choice (for a goal, longevity, effectivness...). You can only stack up to 5 RP points, and use up to 5 RP points for your character.

The character sheet

Name :
Age upon succession:
Religion : (Old Ways / Ancestors Worship in the beginning of the game, might be way more important when religions arise)
Leadership Style :
Leader Personality :
Biography : (Explain your character's background, occupations, rise to power and beliefs)
Goals : (What your character wants to achieve during his time as ruler. Better deal with the most pressing issues. Can also be more personal and minor goals. Please try to restrain between 3 and 6 goals per character)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OOC - Fear No Gods ; A Low Fantasy Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:33:41 pm »

Current Rotation of Players:

Glass
ConscriptFive
Rockeater
Prophet
Darkwarlock

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:11:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 11:46:35 pm »

PTW

You know what, I think I'll actually claim a spot on the queue, if your fine with that Micelus.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:57:10 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 11:59:34 pm »

Granted, feel free to post when you wish.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 12:08:33 am »

sign me up
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 06:29:27 am »

Put me somewhere in the list
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.