Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20178 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2021, 09:11:32 am »

Problem. You freeze one of them, then if you hit Gnosia, the other one dies that night. Resulting in a dead engineer. There is no getting out of that web.

If blue is gnosia is the sticking point. If you're Gnosia you wouldn't be pushing a Gnosia lynch. The want to push forth an inspect on engineers is simply to control the flow.

Vector isn't going to do that, so you can use that to push the lynch on him. Blue Dead, Human Dead, Vector Dead, Human Dead.

Suddenly we're at Lylo. Lynch a Human that isn't the AC or Gnosia, and we enter into the last knight where it becomes 1-1-1, in favor of Gnosia. Game over. Lynching the follower puts it off for a day. Your plan leads to our defeat, and if the other blended in well enough, we're going to have a bad time

Forgive me, bad math. Webadict dead. Human Dead. So it's just a straight up loss for town. Not to mention at that point it will be 2-1-3, allowing Gnosia to openly claim and just run off to victory. Your plan is horrible for town Webadict. We can't put this off, since lynching the the one telling the truth will result in our loss. However! If the Engineer inspect other people, that's actual information we can use. Gnosia want to deny us information, as your plan to investigate Vector shows.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2021, 09:16:52 am »

However! If the Engineer inspect other people, that's actual information we can use. Gnosia want to deny us information, as your plan to investigate Vector shows.
I'm struggling to understand your argument here. Engineers give useful information... so we should lynch a player who claimed engineer?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2021, 09:23:58 am »

Since I'm on the chopping block - I'll state this now. Kill me, and your chances of survival drop immensely.

Why? I'm the Guardian Angel.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2021, 09:29:54 am »

My major issue is with the engineers dilemma. Investigating each other gives no information. It's functionally a waste of time for the rest of town, and something Gnosia can pull off perfectly without ruffling others feathers. However if the Gnosia were to investigate others, that person would know they are lying, turning them against the false claimant. This isn't something web(or vector, but he's not doing that) can afford if he wants to bring about the scenario I listed. Web investigating Vector, or pushing for it, gives town no info till he's dead. And if we go down that route, we need to lynch the right one to win tomorrow. If not, we'll end up losing. We can't afford to play this game, there just isn't any time for it.

Blue, you could have just pushed against it. Not this...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2021, 09:37:42 am »

Since I'm on the chopping block - I'll state this now. Kill me, and your chances of survival drop immensely.

Okay. You realize you're dead tonight if we don't put you in cold sleep right?

Why would you claim in the first place? Having the Gnosia not know whether the Guardian is around or not still is ideal.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2021, 09:39:29 am »

Tric, you are by far scum's best player right now, and that should tell you something. You make me want to vote myself to not have to deal with your literal insanity.

If Blu isn't Gnosia, then we have gained two inspects, one from the fake, and one from ME, THE REAL ONE, YOU DOOFUS.

If you freeze me, Vector does not die tonight. Wanna know why? Because I am the Engineer. All you prove is that you are consistently anti-Town.

Vector hasn't pushed anything because Vector hasn't DONE anything. You only go after active players because you are cognitively biased to seek out liars using the most prevalently available information but then fail to understand the biases inherently present by doing so.

As for Blu's claim, their goal is either to get the real GA to claim or... because they're actually the GA.

A solution involves inspecting them, since it forces the Gnosia to kill them. But, then Jack is lost tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2021, 09:42:14 am »

Yeah, BK if you really are the GA, you fucked up hard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2021, 09:49:45 am »

If BK is telling the truth then Jack dies tonight for sure...uuurrggh...why...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2021, 09:55:56 am »

If BK is telling the truth then Jack dies tonight for sure...uuurrggh...why...
If we don't freeze them, we are forced to inspect, and that kills them. Sooo... We could potentially vote out Caz still?

Not a lot of good options, honestly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2021, 10:01:43 am »

I'm like 80% sure they're lying though. They ultimatimed that proposition preeeetty hard.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2021, 10:24:10 am »

Pretty sure you're not.

BluearianKnight.

No good reason to do this as town. Probably gnosis wifom.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2021, 10:30:57 am »

Bluarian is lying.

Related:

Note that there is absolutely no role flipping in this game.  The Guardian Angel could die today, and nobody would know until the game was over, forcing the mafia to act as if they were still alive.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2021, 10:37:01 am »

So, hopefully Bluarian being Gnosia clears everything up for you, Tric, and then you can be sad about being wrong about me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2021, 10:56:04 am »

I'll note I've said this before. Put you in cold sleep, Jack checks your alignment. If you're human, we freeze Vector tomorrow. If Vector is human, we freeze Caz.

1-2-3-4-5. 4 people left AC and Gnosia are dead. That still puts us at lylo. But we only need to lynch correctly to win, not lynch correctly to survive like the other case of engineers inspecting each other. And in case where both engineers survive to the end, you still ask us to trust one of you, meaning 50%. Except for the fact that you only need 3 days of lynches. There isn't enough time for that.

You are pinging my Gnosiasense hard Web. Stop trying to forget info in my posts. In any case besides the worst one where Caz is the last claimant put in cold sleep, town comes out ahead for knowing who the follower is and there being 1 Gnosia left in game. 6-1-1 going into day two, or 5-1-1 on day three if you're actually human. We could lynch Caz that day to bring the next day's numbers to 5-1 or 4-1, a worst case scenario for Gnosia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2021, 11:01:07 am »

Of note, again. If Vector is still alive tomorrow, Jack is going to clear them one way or the other. So Gnosia are forced to kill them, lest Vector clears a town player. There is a simple way to make use of a outed GA, and let them tank the kill as they protect the Coroner.

I note, once again, the fact the engineer is going to die is because of your plan Gnosia. Good job on that. I'm still voting to put you into Cold Sleep for it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23