Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20223 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2021, 05:30:52 pm »

Easier to do when you're confirmed Town. I can't be allowed to live if Vector dies, so sadly, either of us dies shortly after the other. Whatcha gonna do!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2021, 06:50:16 pm »

Who should we be voting instead Bluarian?

Your species will be confirmed tomorrow so I would make some reads if you're human.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2021, 07:54:42 pm »

Who should we be voting instead Bluarian?

Your species will be confirmed tomorrow so I would make some reads if you're human.
Who, me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2021, 08:08:40 pm »

No that's a question for Bluarian.

Actually, reads from everyone would be cool. I've already done mine and it hasn't changed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2021, 08:24:08 pm »

TricMagic - Town
ToonyMan - Townish
Caz - AC Follower probably
Vector - Engineer Candidate Betamax
BluarianKnight - Gnosia Candidate Supreme
webadict - Engineer Candidate QDOS
notquitethere - Townish
EuchreJack - Coroner
Jim Groovester - Townish

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2021, 02:27:55 am »

insults

Dude.

If you have a better idea on who to inspect, then say it. We can debate if you state a position. Heck, your idea might make sense!

Inspect notquitethere since he's tied with Caz for the least amount of engagement in the game.

Jim Groovester - town
EuchreJack - uncontested Coroner
TricMagic - incomprehensible town
ToonyMan - playing strongly, townish
webadict - Engineer claimant and Gnosia candidate
Vector - Engineer claimant and Gnosia candidate
BluearianKnight - Gnosia candidate but interactions feel more genuine even if calling TricMagic Gnosia doesn't make sense
notquitethere - Gnosia candidate and has low interaction and engagement in the game
Caz - AC Follower

EuchreJack, TricMagic, and ToonyMan are players I don't want to lynch, so between Vector, webadict, BluearianKnight, notquitethere, and Caz, I have to pick out two Gnosia and an AC Follower. Caz easily earns the AC Follower spot because he's playing weird like he has an unfamiliar win condition. Between Vector and webadict there's one Gnosia, and between notquitethere and BluearianKnight there must be another. Of potential Gnosias the team that makes least sense is webadict/BluearianKnight due to the pointed interactions between the two (and I'd expect webadict to tell BluearianKnight to not give up and disappear in scumchat). notquitethere has barely interacted with anybody so webadict/notquitethere and Vector/notquitethere seem plausible. Vector/BluearianKnight kiiiiiiiind ooooooooof makes sense if BluearianKnight is trying to put distance between the two before he gets lynched by voting Vector.

Pretty sure I'm not wrong about TricMagic. I could be wrong about ToonyMan but I have literally no reason to suspect him.

Between notquitethere and BluearianKnight I feel like notquitethere is a likelier Gnosia candidate since he's barely had a presence in the game.

Gosh I hope this game isn't a Revolution III redux and I'm the only one stupid enough not to see it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2021, 02:47:21 am »

pfp

Busy bank holiday weekend. Should have a bit more time for this today. After the revelations I don't think there's much to say. There are a few possible team combos we need to work through.

One thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Web saying he'd inspect Vector-- surely a town engineer knows the counterclaimant isn't legit?

Honestly Web shouldn't announce who he'll inspect: if Web wants to inspect me (like Jim suggests) that's fine but if he says so in the thread, scum might decide to kill me the same night to avoid having someone confirmed and an Engineer action would have been wasted.

If both Vector and Web "inspect" each other and come back saying the other one is Gnosia, town will have gained very little from the exercise. We already know one of them is scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2021, 06:49:42 am »

Nah, not inspecting NQT, don't believe they're Gnosia. Same for Jim. Same for ToonyMan. Same for TricMagic. Same for Euchre.

It's Caz or Vector. Them's my choices.

Or Jim. I'll inspect Jim so Gnosia can kill them. But, uh, it's BK and Vector, working theory, with Caz as ACF, with Jim as a replacement for Gnosia or ACF, trying to sideline off the BK vote adding scum equity.

@NQT: Plz read.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2021, 06:58:13 am »

Oh okay, so inspecting Vector is to distinguish AC from Gnosia, as we only want to coldsleep the latter. Yeah okay. Makes sense, can't have two fake claimants survive to lylo. I am on board with that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2021, 07:45:23 am »

If both Vector and Web "inspect" each other and come back saying the other one is Gnosia, town will have gained very little from the exercise. We already know one of them is scum.
Let me think about this.

The Engineers inspecting each other the first night will lead to:

If both inspect human:
One is real, one is AC follower.

If one inspects Gnosia, one inspects human:
One is real, one is Gnosia.
OR
One is real, one is AC Follower.

If both inspect Gnosia:
One is real, one is Gnosia.

Do you see the problem? I can see the problem.

The fake knows what they'll come back as, so they can claim the middle scenario which gets us nowhere fast. They don't even need to claim second because they know what they inspect as.

For example, if Web is real and Vector is Gnosia. Vector is going to say that Web came back human. We don't actually learn anything, know that I think about it.

So...I don't think Engineers should inspect each other. Can anyone see anything wrong with my logic?

The Engineers should both pick someone they think won't be killed tonight (that isn't Jack or the other Engineer).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2021, 07:50:48 am »

Oh right, Jack wasn't counter-claimed...so we can just cold sleep the Engineer that comes back as Gnosia to see if it's true. But of course then the fake will always say the other came back Gnosia. We'll end up with either a one human/one Gnosia result, or a both Gnosia result.

Normally in this setup the AC Follower fake-claims Engy or Coroner, while one of the Gnosia fake-claims the other PR. The remaining Gnosia lay low as Crewmates. This discrepancy is confusing me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2021, 07:59:36 am »

Vector still hasn't answered who they'll inspect...

Because they are lying about being Engineer, and it's plain to see.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2021, 08:10:28 am »

You're the one lying here web, not Vector. The only way to confirm you two is if one of you is lynched, which leads to the other dying no matter the scenario. Toony does have the right of it, the issues of inspecting one another.

The real engineer sees one as human, the other claims the other is human. One must be lying, or the fake is telling the truth. So who is it?

Real reports Gnosia, fake reports human. Who tells the truth in this instance? Both scenarios result in an engineer being put into cold sleep, and the other dying from the nightkill. Your methodology of inspecting each other is a waste of time webadict, and you should feel bad for pushing it. Gnosia wants to waste time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2021, 08:38:07 am »

Oh Tric. You wish you knew me enough to know I'm the liar. You only suspect me because Vector is away, and the grass is greener on the other side.

In rhe first instance, it doesn't matter because one of them is the AC Follower, so neither are Gnosia. Neither are frozen and you use your brain to figure out what is truth and what is lie from their inspects.

If both come back Gnosia, freeze em both! Heck, freeze me first in that scenario, I don't give a fuck. If BluarianKnight is Gnosia, and this happens, it's game over for Gnosia and a win for me. I feel like I'm heavily skewing the average intelligence here, so I'd love to be frozen if we both get Gnosia.

In the third instance, it gets fun, right? Depending on who claims the other is Gnosia, it's pretty easy to do. You freeze the Gnosia one, right? We can verify the remaing player by using the Coroner. (Because you have problems with basic logic and need evidence to show you the obvious.)

You thought I was teammates with ToonyMan, right? That I'm Gnosia, because Caz has to be ACF? Then you've eliminated several options:

Option 1 never happens. Option 2 results in the Gnosia player getting frozen. Option 3 is the only real result you get. And you can Freeze me first to prove I'm not lying.

Unless you actually do believe I could be the ACF. But, then what is Caz?

But that doesn't matter because I'm inspecting Vector no matter what.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2021, 08:53:58 am »

Web is right. One true Coroner allows us to fact check the Engineers. If both get human we leave them alone for now unless we hit Gnosia today.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23