Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20205 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2021, 12:59:56 am »

bullshit

I'm gonna tackle this tomorrow - but in short?

The fuck are you going on about now, Webadict?

'backing partners'.

State them. Caz? Caz is in the same state as you - at this point, untouchable. But I'm willing to poke the holes and point out the hypocrisy.

I'll reiterate - at this point, I don't think Tric is scum.

I do think you've pocketed him. Or at least, are attempting to. 

That is why I'm on your ass.

I'll get to this later - I'm going to bed.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2021, 01:49:10 am »

I knew this would happen.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2021, 01:56:56 am »

K, I recant my claim. I'm not the engineer. I just did it bc I thought it would help fuzz the real engineer after web's play. But now Vector claimed so there is a true claim going.

Also you are all really dumb for claiming. Like really. Day 1? Why.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2021, 02:41:25 am »

K, I recant my claim. I'm not the engineer. I just did it bc I thought it would help fuzz the real engineer after web's play. But now Vector claimed so there is a true claim going.

Also you are all really dumb for claiming. Like really. Day 1? Why.
Just a note to you all, Caz is recanting in the hope they can deflect for their Gnosia overlords, BluarianKnight and Vector, and as a last ditch effort, be the launch target for today in a desperate attempt.

Problem here is that they've just confirmed I'm the Engineer, just confirmed Vector is Gnosia, and seems to have guiltied BK by mass association.

Vector only claimed Engineer to avoid being launched at L-1. Suuuuuuuuuppppppeeeeerrrrrrr scuuuuuuuuuum.

Again, notice that Caz immediately "knows" I'm the fake, in spite of the evidence, in spite of themselves. Like... Is this for real?

I am much rather for Vector's removal, but, it appears that ToonyMan knows that if we launch BK, Vector can't kill me, and I can verify that Vector is Gnosia tomorrow, and Jack will confirm BK is Gnosia tonight.

... Dang it, it's because ToonyMan is the Guardian Angel, aren't they?

Alright, deduced.

BluarianKnight

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2021, 03:05:21 am »

It's easy to claim that I don't understand the game, but I don't know of any settings in which it's a good idea to out the cop within the first 2 or 3 posts of D1, least of all one in which we don't have reliable flips. But if the scumteam's going to jump out in broad daylight, it doesn't really matter if you know who I am or not.

And no, Blu's not my partner. The noob is making their own mistakes ;) But it's cute that you're scared of us.
You give really good evidence after the fact. You are the silliest of gooses, *honk*.

"BK is just a noob, that's why they're scummy shield shield shield."

Where did I hear that before? 'Twere indeed the scum Vector covering for thine scumpartner Blu, in thine natural habitat.

I do believe we can wrap this case up. Vector, just kill me tonight, it'll be funny, I will legit laugh. You know you want to, I leave my door unlocked and wear bullseye pajamas that point directly to my vital areas, plus I suffer from insufferablitis and it's probably terminal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? [9/up to 15]
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2021, 03:19:32 am »

Day one will end 11pm GMT, Tuesday 4th April if the vote is not tied (that's about 73.5 hours from now).

But Tuesday 4th April is 16,847 hours away!

"I am the Engineer."
I'm the engineer btw.
I'm the real Engineer.
I'm not the engineer.

NOW WE'RE PLAYING MAFIA

Like really. Day 1? Why.
It's easy to claim that I don't understand the game, but I don't know of any settings in which it's a good idea to out the cop within the first 2 or 3 posts of D1, least of all one in which we don't have reliable flips. But if the scumteam's going to jump out in broad daylight, it doesn't really matter if you know who I am or not.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Follow_the_Cop

The lack of a second counter-claim means only a single person is fake-claiming, making it almost certain that the fake-claimer is AC and not Gnosia. Another reason why mafia need to fake-claim every claim. I'm disappointed since I made this abundantly clear before the game started.

My dunce sense is tingling. Why is a second counterclaim (or lack thereof) significant?

Web introduces the fakeclaim. Toony follows by continuing to push the narrative that it's in town's best interest to out all their PRs. Caz follows as AC, making a fakeclaim to add WIFOM to Web's ballsy move. Web pressures: "anyone who doesn't claim RIGHT NOW is scum!!!"

. . .

Let's go Toony.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to suspect ToonyMan for having correct opinions about how to play the game type.

Hey Vector, are you Gnosia?

No, I'm not, but you're a pretty good candidate for the AC follower.

Trying to out the real Engineer for the scumteam to pick off, Web?

I guess this reaction makes sense in the context of Vector's Engineer claim now.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from Jim after the weekend ends.

I am mildly bothered about being singled out like this.

... Dang it, it's because ToonyMan is the Guardian Angel, aren't they?

There's not enough information to make this deduction.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2021, 03:32:58 am »

Jim, all deductions have enough evidence. Now, whether they're likely is based on evidence.

Also, Vector is Gnosia. #gettheirgoose #honk #thegooseisloose

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2021, 04:10:25 am »

Changing vote to

BluarianKnight

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2021, 04:35:38 am »

BluarianKnight

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2021, 08:13:50 am »

Dr. EuchreJack pulls an old candy bar wrapper out of his lab coat, writes something on it, and hands it to Caz.

"Half a Town Point to Caz"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2021, 09:14:02 am »

Again, notice that Caz immediately "knows" I'm the fake, in spite of the evidence, in spite of themselves. Like... Is this for real?
This was what I came in to say: Caz fakeclaiming might make some sense to make cover (I considered doing it myself before deciding it was a bad idea) but I don't get their thought process about Web definitely having fakeclaimed. And counterclaiming does seem like an OK AC strategy.

Vector's argument is Web and Caz, as scum, fakeclaimed the same role. But why vote Toony then? The push on Toony seems misplaced if you genuinely thought two scum players had fakeclaimed your role.

So the aim is to protect the coroner tonight. I was trying to weigh up whether or not it's best to try to outguess the scum by sometimes protecting someone else when they think the coroner will be protected. Maybe safer to keep the protect parked. (I'm just musing here, maybe it's best no one addresses this point as could give to much info to scum.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2021, 09:33:40 am »

Overall, the less I know about the Guardian Angel, the safer I am.

Note that there is absolutely no role flipping in this game.  The Guardian Angel could die today, and nobody would know until the game was over, forcing the mafia to act as if they were still alive.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2021, 09:35:53 am »

Good point!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2021, 10:15:32 am »

Alright, all said and done, here's my findings:

ToonyMan - Technically I started off reading them as scum, but with Vector voting them, I no longer feel that way. Town.
TricMagic - lultown. BK says I'm pocketing them. This is, of course true. Because they're Town. Look at that play and say otherwise.
Jim Groovester - Seems Town, but has potential to be scum. But, the equity is too low to bother with for a while.
EuchreJack - Town. Literally can't not be Town.
notquitethere - Based on my readings of NQT, this feels like Town NQT.
Caz - Like, okay, fakeclaim aside, what's their goal? Why bother fakeclaiming? They were painting me as scum. It wasn't for Town's benefit, but it also doesn't feel like Gnosia. I am 90% on them as the AC Follower, and their hope might be to cover for Vector and BK (and possibly be launched. Caz is a BIG proponent of Launch All Liars, and this is one of the worst lies you could do.)
Vector - Gnosia. Claimed Engineer at L-1 and after I said would investigate them. The only benefit they have is that they claimed when two others had claimed, but since Caz rescinded their claim, that benefit no longer applies. Vector is also covering hard for Blu like Rev3.
BluarianKnight - Very likely the remaining Gnosia. There is enough evidence to show connections between them and Vector and Caz. They are doubtful of my claim before Vector claimed (defending Caz as the true Engineer), and now can't really use that evidence afterward. Also, hinted at Vector being Gnosia, and used that as evidence I'm an AC Followee, but, uh, that no longee works because one of Vector or I are liars, sooooooo... Gnosia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2021, 10:55:21 am »

K. I am here with thoughts on the recent posts.

Caz Fakeclaims because web claimed Engineer. This was to out power roles. Toony backs him up. I am pretty sure this is another case of Caz-Election, with Caz being the Follower and webadict/toony the gnosia pairing. So I'll go with ToonyMan, as the two claims can be confirmed at some point. Incidently, this makes Vector Town. Also solidifies a town core for me.

Web is way too quick to call me town though. Faking confusion and saying I don't make sense to play the same tricks of looking town until it's too late, and your partner is fully in the town core.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23