Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20164 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »

I feel like I'm almost LuckyOwling this game so gonna try to make a post at least.

In a fixed setup there's always going to be counterclaims, but doing so on day 1 is really dumb. Coroner is basically clear. I was gonna investigate web to see if they are gnosia or AC but since there isn't a coroner counterclaim it seems like a bit of a waste? Unless the AC is being dumb and not making a claim. I would expect Vector and NQT to claim but idk about Tric or Bluarian.

Jack should choose the lynch, imo.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2021, 06:20:18 pm »

Day one will end 11pm GMT, Tuesday 4th April if the vote is not tied (that's about 73.5 hours from now).

Is there any shortening of the turn? Not necessarily a Hammer (as I recall that is plain out).

If not, might as well let my vote hang for...about 60ish hours.  Vector still seems like my choice, but we still got a lot of undecided votes and a lot of time.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:46 pm »

Ok. Vector[/color]

You ok with me investigating web? Or who else? NQT or Tric might be good to look at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:58 pm »

@Caz:
I was going to recommend the Engineers to inspect each other tonight, but maybe you're right.

@Jack:
I would say there's still some players that could reasonably counterclaim Coroner since they could be town that didn't really understand how this game works.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2021, 07:20:10 pm »

@Caz, ToonyMan, and Web: I was going to see what the Engineers came up with on the next day phase.  I mean, I have my ideas of what the Engineers should be doing.  What they actually do is part of the testing.

@Caz specifically: The real test is to see whom the Engineers investigate and report back over the next few nights, and how those facts lead to Gnosia being found.  Or not found.

@ToonyMan: Since I'm the Coroner, I'm not following your logic.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2021, 07:41:58 pm »

I mean I still think investigating web is the right play. It's 50/50 that he is AC or gnosia and with the other 5 it's what, 20%?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2021, 08:58:05 pm »

Tric - town
Caz - Engineer or AC Follower
Vector - Gnosia, why vote Web here?
Bluarian - Gnosia, they're signaling to the AC follower to counter-claim here
Web - Engineer or AC Follower (or Gnosia? but then why wouldn't the AC fake-claim?)
NQT - town
Jack - Coroner
Jim - town

Re-examine Web.

Last minute Engineer or Coroner claims will not cut it. If you don't claim now, then you will not be believed. That's literally the scenario right now. Counterclaim me or Jack now, or that's it. You're done.

This doesn't sit with me - and I'm surprised nobody else is poking this.

Also - if you want AC-signalling, are we not going to bring up Vector trying to signal Web if he was AC?

Or Web quite literally covering Tric with clout?

Also, Caz - it isn't worth it - we know he's AC - given with what's presented, he's an enemy no matter what. Other players don't have that certainty - so investigating them is far more important.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2021, 09:05:37 pm »

Rereading, I think it's Vec and Toony for the gnosia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2021, 10:44:17 pm »

I feel like I'm almost LuckyOwling this game so gonna try to make a post at least.

In a fixed setup there's always going to be counterclaims, but doing so on day 1 is really dumb. Coroner is basically clear. I was gonna investigate web to see if they are gnosia or AC but since there isn't a coroner counterclaim it seems like a bit of a waste? Unless the AC is being dumb and not making a claim. I would expect Vector and NQT to claim but idk about Tric or Bluarian.

Jack should choose the lynch, imo.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

@Caz:
I was going to recommend the Engineers to inspect each other tonight, but maybe you're right.

@Jack:
I would say there's still some players that could reasonably counterclaim Coroner since they could be town that didn't really understand how this game works.
You don't really get a say in what I do, so I'll be inspecting who I want, thank you.

As for point two, anyone that counterclaims now is going to be assumed to be scum by me. Go ahead and try.

@Caz, ToonyMan, and Web: I was going to see what the Engineers came up with on the next day phase.  I mean, I have my ideas of what the Engineers should be doing.  What they actually do is part of the testing.
I'll be investigating whoever I feel like. Currently, I feel like Vector. But, I just want Vector to post.

I mean I still think investigating web is the right play. It's 50/50 that he is AC or gnosia and with the other 5 it's what, 20%?
That's fine. You can waste your fakeinspect on me. I'm going to be investigating other people because you're almost 80-90% AC Follower, so... Ya know.

Tric - town
Caz - Engineer or AC Follower
Vector - Gnosia, why vote Web here?
Bluarian - Gnosia, they're signaling to the AC follower to counter-claim here
Web - Engineer or AC Follower (or Gnosia? but then why wouldn't the AC fake-claim?)
NQT - town
Jack - Coroner
Jim - town

Re-examine Web.

Last minute Engineer or Coroner claims will not cut it. If you don't claim now, then you will not be believed. That's literally the scenario right now. Counterclaim me or Jack now, or that's it. You're done.

This doesn't sit with me - and I'm surprised nobody else is poking this.

Also - if you want AC-signalling, are we not going to bring up Vector trying to signal Web if he was AC?

Or Web quite literally covering Tric with clout?

Also, Caz - it isn't worth it - we know he's AC - given with what's presented, he's an enemy no matter what. Other players don't have that certainty - so investigating them is far more important.
Blu, you have a problem where you automatically back up your scumpartners. You also have a severe issue with consistent scumlogic. Alright, let me point out the flaw here:

So, if I'm AC Follower, then I can't be partners with anyone, least of all Tric. I'm using a consistent set of logic to determine TricMagic's alignment. I believe that TricMagic is easy to read, but that's me. However, this point is fine, because we can put a pin in it.
Second, you're using Vector to paint me as scum, instead of my own words. By your logic, you believe that Vector is Gnosia. This point is fine for now, let's pin it for laaaater.
Third, Jim Groovester has agreed with my point on TricMagic. That's two players. If I'm scum, then either Jim Groovester and Vector are the scum (therefore making TricMagic Town), OR Jim Groovester is Town, therefore making TricMagic Town. Either way, TricMagic is either Town by elimination, or Town by association. This is because you believe Vector to be Gnosia.
Now, let's say you want to argue that TricMagic isn't Town. By that virtue, you have to assume that Vector is not Gnosia. But, then by your logic, I'm also not Gnosia, since you're associating me with Vector.

So, we're at this weird juxtaposition that either I'm Town and trying to clear Tric as Town, or I'm scum and I'm trying to clear Tric as Town. Regardless, TricMagic is probably Town, so you're gonna need a new target, buuuuuuddy.

You also latched on hard to Caz. But, you never gave them a good inspect target. Why not? Don't you think TricMagic is Gnosia? Don't you think Vector is Gnosia? Could Jim ALSO be Gnosia?!?

Sacre bleu! We are all Gnosia!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2021, 11:01:43 pm »

Hi Web/Toony:

(To be clear, that's not "Web or Toony," that's a slash pairing a la "Kirk/Spock.")

I jumped to Web being AC instead of gnosia because

1. I don't think the move of fakeclaiming out of the gate is what Web usually likes doing on a scumteam. Web is fundamentally a team-oriented player.

2. Think about it like this: You're AC, and your job is to be useful to the scum. Literally the most helpful thing you can do is to:
- signal your presence to the scumteam so they don't try to kill you
- out the town power roles

Web shows up and goes "Yeah, let's out the PRs!" in literally his first post. Like ... great? And then Toony follows up? "It's a great strategy to out the PRs!"

. . . . OK, honestly, rereading this I would buy a Web x Toony scumteam. *sigh*.

Be careful, if Web is AC they should inspect as human. But I agree that Web is a good inspect.

I wanna reread, but I think I would be OK with freezing Toony (scummy w/Web) today if we're doing the engineer counterclaim counterinspect thing. Not sure about AC yet if we have Toony/Web gnosia. Looking forward to seeing more posts from Jim after the weekend ends.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2021, 11:38:21 pm »

Vector, you silly goose you. Is Blu your partner? :]

Toony, Vector being Gnosia makes sense. They don't understand the game mechanics, or why it's important to claim, and thus don't understand when to fakeclaim. Vector lowkey pairs as scum, and also is trying to match me as Gnosia instead of AC.

BK has the same problem. BK probably didn't realize the importance of claiming either.

Caz, as the AC Follower, would have nothing to lose, regardless of understanding, but I believe they know enough about the mechanics to understand why. They needed the backup of a second fakeclaim though.

Notice, as well, that Vector was the player I said I would investigate, and that BK and Vector are both saying I'm the AC Follower. If Vector was trying to signal me, then... Well, it still fits, eh?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2021, 12:03:38 am »

I didn't want to do this, but I'm the real Engineer. Webadict, Caz, and Toony are all scum. Launch the three of them and it's GG.

Web introduces the fakeclaim. Toony follows by continuing to push the narrative that it's in town's best interest to out all their PRs. Caz follows as AC, making a fakeclaim to add WIFOM to Web's ballsy move. Web pressures: "anyone who doesn't claim RIGHT NOW is scum!!!"

And of course Caz, the fake cop, hasn't thought the details through on their unreliable inspection.

It's easy to claim that I don't understand the game, but I don't know of any settings in which it's a good idea to out the cop within the first 2 or 3 posts of D1, least of all one in which we don't have reliable flips. But if the scumteam's going to jump out in broad daylight, it doesn't really matter if you know who I am or not.

And no, Blu's not my partner. The noob is making their own mistakes ;) But it's cute that you're scared of us.

Let's go Toony.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2021, 12:04:51 am »

Wooooooooooooooooooow

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2021, 12:12:33 am »

*clap*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2021, 12:15:30 am »

I'm getting some serious Revolution III flashbacks here.

@Jack:
@ToonyMan: Since I'm the Coroner, I'm not following your logic.
I was sort of baiting Blue or Vector to claim Coroner but it doesn't look like they're budging.

PPE: nevermind

@Blue:
Why do you trust Caz so much over Web? You're writing this like you know Caz is real Engy, but that can't be true for us.

*Vector claims Engineer*

...Interesting play. This confirms between Web/Caz/Vector that one is real, one is AC follower, and one is Gnosia. One real and two Gnosia is possible, but extremely unlikely.

It also removes Vector from the elimination list today.

BluarianKnight
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23