Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20173 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2021, 01:23:18 pm »

Neato! I'm now unkillable! Muahahaha!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2021, 01:27:41 pm »

Skimmed through the thread.

No counterclaim of anything from me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2021, 01:33:52 pm »

I estimate that I will need to remain alive until day 2 in order to provide enough information to straighten this out, maybe longer.  After you folks got a real Engineer, I'm expendable.  Have fun analyzing that timeline.

Oh joy, I got the role of "do that thing that is automatic for most other mafia games".  I might be able to have a little fun with it, however.

I'm reminded of the Star Trek: Next Generation episode where all the crew's minds are wiped.

And I guess you can all call me Dr. EuchreJack, Coroner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2021, 01:36:31 pm »

So...Jack is confirmed real Coroner then?

Your role is still important Jack, it forces the fake Engineer to not claim anything that you can contradict.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2021, 01:38:07 pm »

So...Jack is confirmed real Coroner then?

Your role is still important Jack, it forces the fake Engineer to not claim anything that you can contradict.

Indeed, and if they fail to claim anything, it looks suspicious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2021, 01:45:29 pm »

Wonderful, this is actually great. I am unkillable, so Jack is protected forever. Also, Caz can have a redo of Election and lose it without me having to claw for it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2021, 02:01:31 pm »

Ugh, does that mean Tric is cleared as Town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2021, 02:07:33 pm »

Since I often don't know when to shut up, I'll avoid showing my work unless asked, but pretty sure Tric is probably Town.  :-X

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? [9/up to 15]
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2021, 02:08:44 pm »

@Jim:
What are you going to do to improve your town game?

Nothing.

@Jim: What question should I be asking you?

What I should spend my weekend doing.

Jim and Bluarian, what do you think of Toony's scenarios?

It makes sense based on the details of the open set up but I'm kind of disappointed that the game type and setup allows for scenarios like this where the optimal play is to claim on Day 1 and then the rest of the game revolves around that. Now that two engineers and the coroner have claimed does the guardian angel have any agency anymore about who to protect? They're going to protect the Coroner because doing otherwise would be suboptimal.

I guess I like the hunt and the uncertainty and figuring out scum based on the social aspects of a game even if I have fit very well in my dunce cap doing that recently.

@Blue: What is your read on Tric so far?

I'm gonna be honest - I'm terrible at reading Tric, but.. his play's even more erratic then usual. I'd need to see more before leaning him scum, but it's a red flag to me.

TricMagic is literally the easiest person to read in this game. It's a flowchart with exactly one decision.

Is TricMagic making any sense? If yes, they're scum. If no, they're town.

As Coroner, you'd tend to find roleflips.  The sudden shift onto me is way too aggressive given that my question was probing to determine whether I should believe you or not? Did you expect me to say I believe you immediately? Or to say I don't believe you? Both answers are foolish given no counterclaim has been made and not a full 24 hours have passed so far.
? What are you even talking about?

Looks like it's town TricMagic.

I'm the engineer btw. Idk what web is doing. Probably trying to flush out the real engineer like Vector said.

This feels weak compared to webadict's engineer claim even though I must distrust webadict due to his skill as a player.

If I had to call the game right now I would say it's Vector and Caz for Gnosia with BluearianKnight being a lesser suspect for not being able to read TricMagic the easiest player to read.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2021, 02:17:13 pm »

Alright, Jim is Town. Who's next on the clearing block?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? [9/up to 15]
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2021, 02:21:07 pm »

If I had to call the game right now I would say it's Vector and Caz for Gnosia with BluearianKnight being a lesser suspect for not being able to read TricMagic the easiest player to read.

It scared me that I agree with you totally.

@Jim: What question should I be asking you?

What I should spend my weekend doing.

Actually, I was gonna head out for a while, but those plans fell through for today.  Probably gonna head out to the store at some point.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2021, 02:30:12 pm »

pfp

I agree with the input from Jim and Blu: Toony's analysis of the need to claim was correct, even if it leads to a weird game cycle.

So we leave Caz/Web alive until end game? They can both give competing infoclaims. If we coldsleep one the day before lylo then we can confirm the claims the next day when coroner claims. (Well, ideally, one would out themselves through their claims, votes etc. before then).

I'm wrapped up with stuff, but I'll give my attention to this tomorrow.

Vector, who do you believe out of Caz/Web

Blu, I saw your question but honestly I don't have a strong enough thread feel to say with full confidence. Purely sheeping reads that sound reasonable to me right now: Toony as a good leader, Jim clear appraisal (and not aggro or dismissive), Web and Jack as first claimants, Tric being Tric. Leaving Caz, Blu, Vector as Gnosia and AC. Too easy? Probably.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2021, 02:34:26 pm »

@Jim:
What are you going to do to improve your town game?
Nothing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It makes sense based on the details of the open set up but I'm kind of disappointed that the game type and setup allows for scenarios like this where the optimal play is to claim on Day 1 and then the rest of the game revolves around that. Now that two engineers and the coroner have claimed does the guardian angel have any agency anymore about who to protect? They're going to protect the Coroner because doing otherwise would be suboptimal.
Hey, that's mafia's fault for not contesting both claims.

I'm the engineer btw. Idk what web is doing. Probably trying to flush out the real engineer like Vector said.
This feels weak compared to webadict's engineer claim even though I must distrust webadict due to his skill as a player.
I agree. I think Web is a good enough player to fake-claim immediately.

I don't think our Gnosia had the nerve to fake-claim (even though it's 100% the best move for them) so here are my thoughts:

Tric - town
Caz - Engineer or AC Follower
Vector - Gnosia, why vote Web here?
Bluarian - Gnosia, they're signaling to the AC follower to counter-claim here
Web - Engineer or AC Follower (or Gnosia? but then why wouldn't the AC fake-claim?)
NQT - town
Jack - Coroner
Jim - town

The lack of a second counter-claim means only a single person is fake-claiming, making it almost certain that the fake-claimer is AC and not Gnosia. Another reason why mafia need to fake-claim every claim. I'm disappointed since I made this abundantly clear before the game started.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2021, 02:41:56 pm »

Actually, if ToonyMan's analysis is correct, we never eliminate Web or Caz, since they're probably the AC follower and town wins even if AC follower remains alive.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2021, 04:32:33 pm »

Votecount:
webadict: TricMagic, Vector (2)
Vector: ToonyMan, webadict, EuchreJack (3)

Day one will end 11pm GMT, Tuesday 4th April if the vote is not tied (that's about 73.5 hours from now).

Leaf, could you confirm whether or not Coroner can autopsy Night Kill Victims?  My read is they can not, but this is one time I'd really like to be wrong.
They can't - they will only learn the species of whoever was sent to cold sleep the previous day.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23