Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20220 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? [9/up to 15]
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2021, 08:16:34 am »

As Coroner, you'd tend to find roleflips.  The sudden shift onto me is way too aggressive given that my question was probing to determine whether I should believe you or not? Did you expect me to say I believe you immediately? Or to say I don't believe you? Both answers are foolish given no counterclaim has been made and not a full 24 hours have passed so far.
? What are you even talking about?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2021, 08:43:00 am »

@Blue: What is your read on Tric so far?

@Vector: What do you think of Toony's scenarios? (I know its not an original question, but looking for your opinion since its newer than your post)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2021, 11:09:13 am »

@Blue: What is your read on Tric so far?

I'm gonna be honest - I'm terrible at reading Tric, but.. his play's even more erratic then usual. I'd need to see more before leaning him scum, but it's a red flag to me.

Jim and Bluarian, what do you think of Toony's scenarios?

It's a good breakdown. Web and Euchre are going to be fairly safe, at least D1 - the Gnosia losing a NK is going to be devastating for them, so they'll likely target a non-role, even if risking hitting the AC.

I do have one addition thoujgh, as a decent scumhunt - the AC would optimally claim a role themselves - it's an easy strategy to both cover Gnosia and reveal themselves as AC - the fact they haven't means to me at least, it's likely a competent player who knows the risks, and can run the room without the fake-claim.

So, to me at least, that's Web, Vector, and Toony - three players who've shown plenty of times to be able to play the room in previous games.

We could also have a situation of a player who isn't as capable of running the room - which is why I've got suspicions on Tric - that's abnormal, panicky play from him. He might not know what to do as AC.

Who knows - we might have another Engie/Coroner claim come out last minute - but I doubt it. It means three out of the seven players not claimed are Gnosia.

Web - Who do you think you'll check, after Vector?
Toony - Do you think fake-claiming is better or worse for scum?
NQT - Who do you think are Gnosia so far?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2021, 11:24:16 am »

We haven't heard from Caz or Jim yet on the claims so I wouldn't be so sure...

I have an answer for this, but I'm not giving scum advice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:11 am »

Last minute Engineer or Coroner claims will not cut it. If you don't claim now, then you will not be believed. That's literally the scenario right now. Counterclaim me or Jack now, or that's it. You're done. There is no hiding behind a late claim on this. Like, I'm not one for ultimatums, but this is literally a "You have to counter claim now" situation. If you CC later, then you're lying scum, 100%. No joke. ToonyMan is correct on this.

Also, I'll inspect whoever I feel like. I don't have any other plan than that. Why would I bother? Heck, I might even swap away from Vector if someone else becomes a better target. I might flip a coin. I'd never tell anyone who I'd plan on investigating specifically so that the scum don't know who to kill.

Regardless, BK, you're wrong. TricMagic is, sadly, likely Town. Or AC, you might be right there. But, more likely, Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2021, 11:46:16 am »

We haven't heard from Caz or Jim yet on the claims so I wouldn't be so sure...

I think its only Caz that is truly unaccounted for on the claim front.  I think Jim would have at least posted a quick "no I'm the X", then given some detailed analysis later if he was going to claim.

Caz hasn't been online since the claiming, so remains unaccounted.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2021, 11:46:49 am »

You already answered this - but I wanted to know if you'd change your mind.

Last minute Engineer or Coroner claims will not cut it. If you don't claim now, then you will not be believed. That's literally the scenario right now. Counterclaim me or Jack now, or that's it. You're done. There is no hiding behind a late claim on this. Like, I'm not one for ultimatums, but this is literally a "You have to counter claim now" situation. If you CC later, then you're lying scum, 100%. No joke. ToonyMan is correct on this.

Also, I'll inspect whoever I feel like. I don't have any other plan than that. Why would I bother? Heck, I might even swap away from Vector if someone else becomes a better target. I might flip a coin. I'd never tell anyone who I'd plan on investigating specifically so that the scum don't know who to kill.

Regardless, BK, you're wrong. TricMagic is, sadly, likely Town. Or AC, you might be right there. But, more likely, Town.

So you're saying Caz or Jim don't get to claim? I agree to those who've already spoken - if you haven't claimed and posted, you aren't allowed to come out and expect to be considered - but we've still got two players that haven't claimed yet.

As well - I never said Tric was Gnosia - I said I suspected him of being AC. Which you're both agreeing and disagreeing with me - if you think he's town, state that. If you think I might be right, state that - but don't do both at the same time.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2021, 12:05:44 pm »

Hm, so there is at least some belief that Tric might be an AC follower.  I was a bit lax with my voting early on, so I'm going to confirm my vote as staying on Tric for now, as that is a pretty good candidate for deep sleep.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2021, 12:20:48 pm »

Yeah, okay BK.

Unfortunately, I am confirmed Town unless someone (read Jim or Caz) CCs me, so, really, you should stop your reel and roll it on back.

So, here's my clout throwing: We're not voting Tric.

Jack, please unvote them. They aren't worth voting. You and I are currently in the same boat, so I am almost assured that you are Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2021, 01:03:09 pm »

@Blue:
You already answered this - but I wanted to know if you'd change your mind.
Yes, I did state how I believe mafia should play before the game started.

I'm not confirming anything now as an in-game player, however, let's make something clear:

I have to believe Web and Jack if nobody claims otherwise. There is no argument in the world that will convince me Web and Jack are scum besides a counter-claim. Every player is alive right now on D1, the real Engineer and Coroner are here with us. From their POV letting Web and Jack run the show with lies would make the game unwinnable for town, therefore, the real Engy and Coroner must counter-claim. If there are no counter-claims, Web and Jack are real.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2021, 01:07:05 pm »

Fine, fine, unvote Tric.

Vote Vector

Save the Engineer from having to scan Vector so they can scan someone else.  Also we need to vote someone off in order for me to do my job.  As I understand, I can't analyze Night Kill victims.

Leaf, could you confirm whether or not Coroner can autopsy Night Kill Victims?  My read is they can not, but this is one time I'd really like to be wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2021, 01:09:34 pm »

Jack, there's no need to analyze NK victims, since they are always Human. Only vote elimination victims can be Human or Gnosia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »

@Jack:
Leaf, could you confirm whether or not Coroner can autopsy Night Kill Victims?  My read is they can not, but this is one time I'd really like to be wrong.
Role: Coroner
Coroner credentials detected. You may inspect the subject of the cold sleep for signs of Gnosia infection.
Species: Human
Win condition: You win when all the Gnosia have been eliminated.
Abilities: The night after someone is sent to cold sleep (voted off) you will be told what species they were.
Word of caution, the AC follower show up as human.

@Webadict:
Jack, there's no need to analyze NK victims, since they are always Human. Only vote elimination victims can be Human or Gnosia.
Yep. Only humans can die at night.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2021, 01:14:08 pm »

Claiming day 1 is really stupid.

unvote

I'm the engineer btw. Idk what web is doing. Probably trying to flush out the real engineer like Vector said.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2021, 01:16:47 pm »

I'm the engineer btw. Idk what web is doing. Probably trying to flush out the real engineer like Vector said.
Excellent. The game has begun.

One of Web or Caz is Gnosia or AC.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23