Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Who are the Gnosia? Game Over - Crew Win!  (Read 20206 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the Gnosia? Day One - 9/9 Alive
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2021, 08:05:57 am »

And yes, this format is even crazier than normal, but you ae determined to pass my points off as inconsequential.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2021, 08:09:06 am »

You know what?

Fuck it. Caz.

LAL. It's what Caz would do.
It's obvious AC follower bait though.

If we hit Gnosia today Jack can confirm tomorrow and we can actually win through brute force no matter who the remaining Gnosia is between Web/Caz/Vector.

In other words, the Web/Caz/Vector Gnosia cannot bus their partner today or it's an instant lose.

PPE:
Woooah.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2021, 08:44:54 am »

I normally would agree with you Toony, but Tric is so loony that I'd rather remove Caz who is very obviously scum. Worst case scenario is that Caz is AC Follower, but there is legitimately no way they're not anti-Town, and that isn't the worst case scenario of BK being Town. Like, if you wanna yell at someone, yell at Tric for being a force of discord.

@Tric: I am two steps from throat punching you because you lack basic logic.

#1: You're just... so so so dumb.
#2: If I'm the AC Follower, I would inspect as Human. It's why the AC Follower should absolutely fakeclaim.
#3: This is mafia. There are cases where no certainties exist. Sometimes, you have to make up your own damn mind and not rely on evidence!
#4: Your plan is so fucking dumb. You want to vote for me as opposed to Vector... because why? What evidence proves Vector is the Engineer?
#5: If I die, I will have zero Engineer results, so you still wouldn't be able to trust the Engineer results, period.
#6: Oh my god, I pity your poor soul. It hurts how little you understand and how little you try to. If you took time to think your plan through, you might be able to see how wrong you are. Dude, do you wonder why you're so hard to see as Town? Because you do this shit every fucking time. Just... Goddamn lunacy. Like you live to be contrarian to your own ideals.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2021, 09:57:52 am »

Tric, if we cold sleep Web and they come back as Gnosia tomorrow, great!

BUT

If Web is real Engy or AC Follower he'll come back human for Jack tomorrow and we'll be stuck in a position where Vector is either real Engy or Gnosia. If we lynch Vector to confirm then either:

1. They're also human which means Web was real and got 0 results OR Vector was real and got 1 result, but we can't be sure which is true.
2. They're Gnosia and we have one Gnosia left.

Scenario 2 is possible, but wishful thinking.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2021, 09:59:45 am »

Sorry, I meant to say Vector could be either real Engy, Gnosia, or AC Follower if Web comes back human.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2021, 10:10:56 am »

Caz unclaiming is the worst possible thing they could have done as AC Follower which is what's baffling me.

There's no way the AC follower wouldn't fake-claim, it's their greatest strength...

Maybe they're doing this to draw the lynch? But it's so early in the game and maintaining a fake-claim is so much more advantageous. I can't figure if Caz is AC or Gnosia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2021, 10:37:51 am »

Sorry, I meant to say Vector could be either real Engy, Gnosia, or AC Follower if Web comes back human.
And it's exactly this scenario that I have to confirm Vector is Gnosia. If Vector is AC Follower, then I am super screwed if we cold sleep them, because we get nowhere faster.

Y'all act like I don't think twice as hard on how I have to play. I get shit for doing the right plays, and Vector over there closing their eyes and faceplanting into walls on purpose.

TricMagic: "We can just freeze web and then freeze Vector the day after and trust their inapect results."
Also TricMagic: "I seem to have forgotten the frozen Engineer would have zero results, and also is paint delicious??"

Tric: "Why are you inspecting Vector, that's scummy."
Also Tric: "I haven't bothered to find out who Vector is going to inspect, LOL."

Tric: "There's been three Engy claims! You can't trust any of them."
Also Tric: "I trust Vector."

Caz unclaiming is the worst possible thing they could have done as AC Follower which is what's baffling me.

There's no way the AC follower wouldn't fake-claim, it's their greatest strength...

Maybe they're doing this to draw the lynch? But it's so early in the game and maintaining a fake-claim is so much more advantageous. I can't figure if Caz is AC or Gnosia.
Right. It's such a weird move that it almost requires verification, and trusting my word on it is difficult, so letting Jack find out if they're AC or Gnosia was the best bet for everyone. Like, I'm almost positive they're AC Follower, but I could also see Vector as AC Follower as well. It could have been that Vector used their impending elimination to put suspicion on me.

There's a lot of pieces that don't fully make sense, and Tric is making it difficult to find them because they are legit insane, and that usually means they're Town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2021, 11:26:25 am »

....... Toony and Web, you seem to forget something. I'm painting you two as the Gnosia, not web as the follower. As such, that would clear vector when the coroner result comes in on webadict. Which clears Vector's own results, not that it matters since he would be dead then. Gnosia wouldn't have any other choice.

By your own logic, the lack of counterclaim to coroner means that they are town. You being Gnosia doesn't actually impact this. However, only the engineer can clear people who are alive, and there are two of you. Therefore, until one of you is cleared neither of your results can be confirmed.

Seriously, that last post in painful web.

TricMagic: "We can just freeze web and then freeze Vector the day after and trust their inapect results."
Also TricMagic: "I seem to have forgotten the frozen Engineer would have zero results, and also is paint delicious??"

This is outright twisting of words. Freeze web, and Coroner can confirm if they are Gnosia or not. If not, Vector is Gnosia. If they are not, it's Caz, and we can trust Vector's report. Of course, he'd be dead if Vector is telling the truth, Gnosia can't leave him alive since the next day Coroner can confirm them one way or the other.
In no case did I imply a frozen Engineer would have results. The entire point of this chain is to remove Gnosia, not leave them alive and unconfirmed. There are only two after all, so one left is good odds.

Tric: "Why are you inspecting Vector, that's scummy."
Also Tric: "I haven't bothered to find out who Vector is going to inspect, LOL.

More twisty words. Inspecting Vector is extremely scummy, as you already know he is lying if you are town, right? So why would you need to inspect him when inspecting someone else gets more data.
Of course I haven't bothered to find out who Vector is inspecting, why would I need to know that? I'm not Gnosia after all, and Gnosia need to find out who to kill to deny information.  And you and toony are my suspected team, with caz as follower.

Tric: "There's been three Engy claims! You can't trust any of them."
Also Tric: "I trust Vector."

More twisting. It's not a good look web, you're deflecting to make my points seem pointless and crazy. Here's the stich, as long as we have two engineers, neither can be trusted until one of them dies and coroner confirms them. Gnosia can't shoot the real one since it would mean the fake one will be lynched. If one is lynched, they can be confirmed by Coroner, which then outs the other as either lying or telling the truth. Gnosia can't have either of those results come to pass, so if Vector is telling the truth, Gnosia needs to kill them. If he's lying and you are telling the truth, he's going to get lynched the next day.

I trust vector more than I trust you two. I don't trust you. I don't trust toony. And I definitively don't trust Caz. Killing the follower is pointless though, as coroner would return the result as human, and there will still be two Gnosia at large. I'd rather knock Gnosia down to 1 rather than let them spread misinformation and blend into the chaos. Which you and toony can do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2021, 12:28:03 pm »

Tric.

AC Followers are humans that want to lie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2021, 12:54:59 pm »

Yeah, alright, I'm okay with voting BluarianKnight again. Tric is only this dumb as Town.

Tric, no matter what happens, your goal kills the Engineer. If I am Gnosia, Vector dies tonight, because they would be the real Engineer, and that's best case scenario (well okay, I guess GA could get a lucky save, but that puts the Coroner in danger.) If I'm the AC Follower, Vector gets Frozen tomorrow from EJ's inspect. If I'm the real Engineer, Vector gets Frozen tomorrow.

No matter what, best case scenario still kills the Engineer, and the worst part is that the best case scenario literally cannot happen because I'm the real Engineer, and you're too blind to see it.

I would literally be willing to tell everyone to Freeze you if EuchreJack gets a Human result on me if you wanna go for your dumbass move because if you're gonna throw as hard as you can, I'm willing to double down on that investment. I feel like you taking full responsibility for your actions might be the only way to teach you a needed lesson.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2021, 01:04:09 pm »

Hm, alright.

BluarianKnight.

TricMagic thinks it's ToonyMan for logically consistent but incredibly dumb reasons. They aren't Gnosia. The reason it makes sense from their perspective is that they believe Caz is AC Follower, so they have determined it's impossible for me to be anything but Engineer or Gnosia.

However, they don't seem to realize that I am not a viable elimination target, so they will need to vote for ToonyMan instead. Sorry Tric, them's the breaks.

The reason why is even if you think it's me, if you want the Engineer to get any inspect at all, you need both of them alive to get one. You can figure it out tomorrow, but you're wrong in assuming it's ToonyMan.

So, explain to me instead: If it's not ToonyMan, who is it instead?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2021, 04:36:09 pm »

@Caz: There is a small glimmer of possibility you may be town, so you should keep posting!  People only mostlydon't believe you!
Pep talk for Caz, which town should interpret as "nice hole you've dug, here is a shovel so you can dig deeper!"

@Web: Thanks Web, 'cause I wasn't going to change from Blue to Caz.

Reasoning:
There is a slight chance that Caz is just a sorry townie trying a crazy gambit.  Far more likely an AC follower or super scared Gnosia with awful timing.

Since everyone seems to agree that Caz is probably anti-town, their death and dissection won't reveal any new information.  And if they're "probably AC Follower and not Gnosia", as per some of the theories, its a waste of a lynch since we can win without lynching the AC.

Blue is the lynchpin in all Web's reasoning about who is Gnosia.  If Blue is Gnosia, it strengthens Web's Town claim. If Blue is human, then Web's reasoning, and other forumites reasoning, needs to be seriously questioned.  And as I've said before, I'd personally rather find out this little mystery ASAP versus the "What is Caz?" question.

Your Favorite Doctor, signing off!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2021, 04:46:27 pm »

Votecount:
ToonyMan: Vector (1)
BluarianKnight: ToonyMan, EuchreJack, caz, notquitethere, webadict (5)
Vector: BluarianKnight (1)
webadict: TriMagic (1)

Day one will end 11pm GMT, Tuesday 4th May if the vote is not tied (that's about 25 hours from now).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2021, 04:52:13 pm »

@EJ: If Blu is Gnosia, we have a near 100% win. We can eliminate Vector, and then me. The only insane part is if Vector is somehow AC Follower, but their initial post with AC signalling points away from that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2021, 04:55:35 pm »

@Web: Nice to see you sheeping me instead of my sheeping you for a change.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23