Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends  (Read 9456 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (5 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2021, 03:48:31 pm »

BluarianKnight: As someone who was on the last Revolutions game, as Tric's team mate no less, what are your thoughts on all this?
Also, if you could confirm my role as VI, I'd appreciate it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2021, 05:07:01 pm »

BluarianKnight: As someone who was on the last Revolutions game, as Tric's team mate no less, what are your thoughts on all this?
Also, if you could confirm my role as VI, I'd appreciate it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is short due to me being on phone, but..

Tric isnt this good as scum.

But NQT? He's scum. I've been on his team in MMMM, and he feels like the nightmare.

Will explain in an hour or so
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:16 pm »

FallacyofUrist, are we able to change votes, or do they remain once cast?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 06:33:37 pm »

You may all freely move your votes around until the game ends or is ended.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (6 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2021, 08:55:40 pm »

Tric
Reading the sparse if informative commentary, I'd place two people as scum. Only one of them is though, so I'll withhold for now until the nightmare has killed. It should become rather obvious if the nightmare makes to mistake of killing the other suspect.
This is so bogus. You can claim anyone was your two suspects. Be brave and post your reads.

Also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blu I'm not sure I follow you. As long the Best Friend isn't killed, we can know that the Nightmare won't mechanically have spotted the Dreamer.

Kitty, to repeat my earlier question, who do you trust least right now?

PPE: okay it's down to five. It's safer to vote now:

TricMagic
It's shared between Tric and NQT. I'll wait to vote until a bit later.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2021, 09:40:41 pm »

Tric
Reading the sparse if informative commentary, I'd place two people as scum. Only one of them is though, so I'll withhold for now until the nightmare has killed. It should become rather obvious if the nightmare makes to mistake of killing the other suspect.
This is so bogus. You can claim anyone was your two suspects. Be brave and post your reads.

Also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blu I'm not sure I follow you. As long the Best Friend isn't killed, we can know that the Nightmare won't mechanically have spotted the Dreamer.

Kitty, to repeat my earlier question, who do you trust least right now?

TricMagic

Good plan, but note that Blue didn't vote for NQT.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2021, 09:53:26 pm »

I said I suspected NQT.

I didn't vote him yet because I didn't want to let a wagon build - we only get one shot.

NQT though..  He's taken the basic concept from Euchre's analysis at the start and (to me at least) regurgitated it's ideals to paint himself town. He's stayed back, and his only posts isofar seem to have a lacking of quality I've seen from his town play - to me, that's a large scumtell for him, alongside him holding back.

NQT would be far more active, from what I remember of him - even as scum in MMMM. If I had to bet, he's restraining himself after that disaster after getting nightmare.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2021, 10:24:36 pm »

I'm dead but I get to make one game related post so this is it.

Firstly, you guys need to post more.

Secondly, my reads:

EuchreJack - Nightmare
KittyTac - Null
notquitethere - lean very mildly Friend
TricMagic - lean mildly Friend
BluearianKnight - lean Friend

I don't know if it's relevant but I had the badger mask.

If the Best Friend dies you need to hammer the Nightmare that phase because you won't know if the Nightmare targeted the Dreamer and hence knows who the Dreamer is and has queued up the kill on the Dreamer for the next shot.

"Putting the votes in hammer range is really dangerous if we haven't figured out the nightmare because if they've figured out the dreamer we all lose"
This works both ways, you know?  Its as much a threat for the Nightmare as it is for the Dreamer, all around.  Why don't you want us to put the vote within hammer range?
Also, please vote.  It would clear up some things.

Yes I truly believe that when you ask people to vote it is coming from a place where you are truly interested in finding the Nightmare.

Also I like how you urge people to vote without voting yourself as if you need other people's cases to sheep.

Which is exactly what you did when notquitethere cast his vote.

Following that line of logic, if TricMagic were the Nightmare, they would kill Jim Groovester to throw the blame on me, the only one that was being voted on.

Since I'm NOT the Nightmare, I'm going to assume that TricMagic has revealed themselves to be the Nightmare and vote accordingly.

If there are flaws in my logic, please let me know.

TricMagic

There are a couple. The first is assuming you can read anything from the kill at all. The second is assuming that TricMagic alone would kill me to throw suspicion onto you, which is hardly meaningful since there could be several players who would do that.

You do know that if you hammer TricMagic and he's not the Dreamer, you lose, right?

TricMagic

Why is it safer to vote at five when it takes only three people for the Dreamer or the Nightmare to hammer compared to when there was six and it took four votes?

Put simply, my reads are Jack and NQT. How nice to kill the one voting you jack. Granted, NQT would do it too, so one of you two are the nightmare.

Based on the spoiler which quote put me onto you in the first place, I believe NQT is the Nightmare.

This doesn't make any sense so I can only assume TricMagic is not scum.

Anyways, good luck, Friends.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2021, 10:37:18 pm »

Jim....

I'm gonna trust you, even though you don't trust me.
I mean seriously, this is my second game EVER.  I can't find scum.  That is why I sheep, ok?!

This could be a big mistake, but here goes...

Change vote to NQT.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2021, 11:20:00 pm »

Actually..

Unvote.

I'll read over when I awaken - but.. Euchre sets off alarm bells.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2021, 12:10:43 am »

Seriously, why do I always get suspected as scum when I'm town?!  I'm getting pissed off that, just because I don't have everybody else's 10+ years of experience, I suddenly get jabbed with "oh, you shouldn't do this" and "oh, you did that?!"

Guess what losers? I'm the fucking Best Friend@!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2021, 01:00:24 am »

^
                      | |
                      | |
                      | |
                      | |
                    ^| | ^ ^
                   |            |
                  /             |

Finger of Suspicion on Blue.  Not vote, as I'm trying to make a point here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2021, 02:03:43 am »

Tric
Based on the spoiler which quote put me onto you in the first place, I believe NQT is the Nightmare.
Explain your thoughts Tric. This isn't an argument. I could say "based on your punctuation I believe Tric is the Nightmare" and it would be make as much sense. Also why are you trying to claim that Jack was killed when it was Jim?

Blu
But NQT? He's scum. I've been on his team in MMMM, and he feels like the nightmare.
NQT though..  He's taken the basic concept from Euchre's analysis at the start and (to me at least) regurgitated it's ideals to paint himself town. He's stayed back, and his only posts isofar seem to have a lacking of quality I've seen from his town play - to me, that's a large scumtell for him, alongside him holding back.

NQT would be far more active, from what I remember of him - even as scum in MMMM. If I had to bet, he's restraining himself after that disaster after getting nightmare.
This doesn't really make sense: I'm scum because I'm playing like MMMM but also I'm not playing I would play as scum? It's contradictory. I've not had masses of time, but I've been as active in the thread as I can be. Also I didn't regurgitate what Euchre said. I was going to ask what post you're talking about but looking back it could only be Euchre's post before the game even began, which I hadn't read. My main intention was that players understood the rules as some players tend to miss things and make unnecessary mistakes.

Kitty
Okay, let's hear your thoughts. Why?

Euchre
I'm gonna trust you, even though you don't trust me.
notquitethere - lean very mildly Friend
How is your vote sheeping Jim when Jim says you're scum?? Make it make sense!

Guess what losers? I'm the fucking Best Friend@!
EVERYONE is there a counterclaim to this?

My reads:

Tric: more obtuse and evasive than normal - scum
Blu: Incoherent argument - scum lean
Kitty: Weak push from them, not clear how they're intending to catch scum - null
Euchre: All over the place, whether or not its effective, this is actually a pretty reliable townread. I could believe their BF claim - town lean

Jim
(not that you can respond but for the record:)
Why is it safer to vote at five when it takes only three people for the Dreamer or the Nightmare to hammer compared to when there was six and it took four votes?
Maybe "safer" isn't the right word, but I meant that there's an optimum time for town to push a hammer and it definitely wasn't the first day. The eliminations work in our favour up to a limit. Lylo might be too late to make the decision if the nightmare figures out who the dreamer is.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2021, 06:00:41 am »

What's the current vote count? Also calm down Euchre.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8