Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Dreams of Elan: And So This Story Ends  (Read 9457 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (6 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 02:55:05 am »

I do have 1000+ games of TOS but chat mafia skills are only particularly applicable to forum mafia.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2021, 05:54:59 am »

Blu, who was I jumping on??

Euchre:
1 day, then a kill: 5 players
1 day, then a kill: 4 players
1 day, then a kill: 3 players
1 day then a kill, 2 players and so we lose

That's four days max until we lose. I think the ideal time to make a decision is after the first day: it'll be easier to hammer scum correctly with 5 players, and it we leave it another day, the Nightmare could hit the Best Friend and then the Dreamer in succession. Do you disagree?

Kitty, who do you trust least right now?.

I think Jim's playfulness is NAI, and I agree the "nasty nightmare" phrasing by Euchre fits with classic scum over compensation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2021, 07:59:02 am »

Reading the sparse if informative commentary, I'd place two people as scum. Only one of them is though, so I'll withhold for now until the nightmare has killed. It should become rather obvious if the nightmare makes to mistake of killing the other suspect.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:04 am »

Euchre:
1 day, then a kill: 5 players
1 day, then a kill: 4 players
1 day, then a kill: 3 players
1 day then a kill, 2 players and so we lose

That's four days max until we lose. I think the ideal time to make a decision is after the first day: it'll be easier to hammer scum correctly with 5 players, and it we leave it another day, the Nightmare could hit the Best Friend and then the Dreamer in succession. Do you disagree?

I generally agree, although I'd like to hear more on your thought process if 4 players remain including the Best Friend.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 10:00:11 am »

Reading the sparse if informative commentary, I'd place two people as scum. Only one of them is though, so I'll withhold for now until the nightmare has killed. It should become rather obvious if the nightmare makes to mistake of killing the other suspect.

Hm, why do you assume the nightmare would make the mistake of killing a scum suspect, when the better play would be to keep a scummy player around?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 10:02:24 am »

KittyTac, haven't played a mafia game with you before, what do you think is the best vote strategy to out the Nightmare?
Just noticed the game started. I usually play on MS but I have a... decent amount of experience.

We have only one shot so it's best that we do not put anyone even near majority until we are sure they are the Nightmare to be sure. No associative tells because this is a solo-scum thing.

Why is it so important that I know your experience level?  Do you plan on drawing upon your experience so that you don't have to argue logically?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2021, 11:39:53 am »

KittyTac, haven't played a mafia game with you before, what do you think is the best vote strategy to out the Nightmare?
Just noticed the game started. I usually play on MS but I have a... decent amount of experience.

We have only one shot so it's best that we do not put anyone even near majority until we are sure they are the Nightmare to be sure. No associative tells because this is a solo-scum thing.

Why is it so important that I know your experience level?  Do you plan on drawing upon your experience so that you don't have to argue logically?
No, I just wanted to introduce myself. How would I even "draw on my experience" if I have fairly little of it? That makes no sense.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2021, 11:45:38 am »

No, I just wanted to introduce myself. How would I even "draw on my experience" if I have fairly little of it? That makes no sense.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2021, 12:01:29 pm »

Decent amount = I'm not a total noob, don't treat me as one.

Fairly little = I am not a pro at scumreading.

Makes sense?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (5 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2021, 12:22:19 pm »

The glowing light illuminating the chamber flickers, then goes dark.

There's a sound, like the whispering of a thousand crickets, making their mark.

The lights return, and it is discovered that Jim Groovester

Has been struck down. He lives no further.

Jim Groovester has been killed. He was a Friend.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2021, 12:26:40 pm »

Tric
This is so bogus. You can claim anyone was your two suspects. Be brave and post your reads.

Also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blu I'm not sure I follow you. As long the Best Friend isn't killed, we can know that the Nightmare won't mechanically have spotted the Dreamer.

Kitty, to repeat my earlier question, who do you trust least right now?

PPE: okay it's down to five. It's safer to vote now:

TricMagic

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2021, 12:47:21 pm »

Following that line of logic, if TricMagic were the Nightmare, they would kill Jim Groovester to throw the blame on me, the only one that was being voted on.

Since I'm NOT the Nightmare, I'm going to assume that TricMagic has revealed themselves to be the Nightmare and vote accordingly.

If there are flaws in my logic, please let me know.

TricMagic

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Elan (5 / 6) All Ye Masked, Step Into The Chamber of Dreams
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2021, 03:10:12 pm »

Put simply, my reads are Jack and NQT. How nice to kill the one voting you jack. Granted, NQT would do it too, so one of you two are the nightmare.

Based on the spoiler which quote put me onto you in the first place, I believe NQT is the Nightmare.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2021, 03:36:09 pm »

So it's super important all the friends are clear on the rules so we have the best shot at this:

- If we dither for too long, the nightmare will kill us all eventually. With 6 players we should have 4 days until we auto-lose
- Putting the votes in hammer range is really dangerous if we haven't figured out the nightmare because if they've figured out the dreamer we all lose

TricMagic, you clear on all that?

TricMagic, are you referring to this quote, where NQT wants to make sure you know the rules, unlike our last Revolutions game where you kept getting them wrong, either accidentally or on purpose because you were the Assassin?  Is that what makes you suspicious of NQT, who was the mod of that game?

Not changing my vote on that logic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2021, 03:45:39 pm »

Decent amount = I'm not a total noob, don't treat me as one.

Fairly little = I am not a pro at scumreading.

Makes sense?

Absolutely KittyTac, just trying basic scumhunting.  I am in fact a complete noob, this is like my second game ever.  Just trying to get a basic read on people.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8