Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Spiral; An RP-RTD game  (Read 4638 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
The Spiral; An RP-RTD game
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:03:15 pm »

The Intro
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome, to The Spiral, a story driven RP-RTD game about a party of adventuring heroes saving the reality from collapsing, and facing many wonders and enemies along the way.

You can be whatever you wish. Something derived from your forum name and profile, a person from a species from a piece of media, something you came up on the fly, anything. Just don't make them OP.

The story will be pieced out by both a set sequence of events, and your luck and actions.

Your luck is determined by, yes you guessed it, a dice roll. Battles, voyages and other such active, moves are bound to this, while scouting, conversing, and other passive actions are not, and their return will be fit to the environment and the situation you are in.

There will be a way to respawn if one of you perishes in any way, won't say what as it will be a spoiler.

The dice is 20-sided. The values are...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The 5 result types also vary inside themselves. For example, a 12 is a better neutral than 9.

Know that once at least 5 players are in, the game will be full, and no longer allow more players in. Unless one quits, and we will need a replacement.

This is an RP game, so please play along in your actions, but simple commands are also fine.

Write up your characters, and join in the adventure!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:00:35 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Spiral; An RP-RTD game
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:10:14 pm »

Name: Amon Fey

Appearance: A handsome young man with blue eyes and curly black hair. He is never seen without his crystal monocle and pointy black hat. He normally wears a black robe and is always wearing a gold ring engraved with a crow as it was gave to him by his dead parents. He is also slightly pale due to long periods of studying.

Species: Spawn of the Great Old One. He himself is unaware of this as he has not matured yet and looks practically the same as a normal human for now.

Personality: Amon is a very powerful sorcerer, Drawing power from His family’s God/Ancestor. Due to him thinking it is his own power he has become slightly arrogant. Because of his arrogance and powerful dark magic, People call him the “Demon of Knowledge” Much to his chagrin. He was a much kinder person when his family was alive but losing them has made him arrogant and cynical.

Equipment: He always his family’s inheritance, A powerful spellbook called the “Arcana of Madness” Which is where he learnt most of his spells on his person at all times.

(Is that good?)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 07:39:15 am »

Name: Dr. Unpleasant
Species: Human
Appearance: A balding human with a mustache wearing a lab coat
Personality: A scientific genius who's incredibly full of himself, he also seems to always be angry about something.
Equipment: A large backpack filled with various tool kits to allow him to create what ever he needs from what's around him, and a pistol and ammo.

(How do you feel about this?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:52:18 am »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: The Spiral; An RP-RTD game (2/5<)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 10:57:04 am »

Spoiler: Ze Kobold (click to show/hide)

(Is this good boss?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:44:09 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spiral; An RP-RTD game (2/5<)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 12:24:56 pm »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: The Spiral; An RP-RTD game (3/5<)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 10:54:10 am »

(Is there an ETA on when we'll start?)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 05:54:52 pm »

(Is there an ETA on when we'll start?)

We need 5 players, there are currently 3. If you all wish to though, we can begin and ditch the original 5 people cap entirely.

Edit: Also I kinda realised that this game could also be hosted at the main section of this board. Whatever.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:08:26 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 06:41:54 pm »

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)

((How's this look boss? Thinking the Magatama can roll a d20 to see what I get when it powers up, and every now and then get a new spell or something. Can happen whenever, kinda just depends on how you want to handle us getting stronger.))
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 07:06:23 pm »

Not gonna lie, That seems kinda risky. You could go absolutely super Sayian with a 20 or just straight up get consumed by it on a 1. Not only that, But you should probably explain why he has the parasite in the first place. Given you said it could act of it’s own free will it should be pretty intelligent, So if it was forcefully implanted or something, It would probably try to constantly screw you over out of anger due to it having emotions. To be fair, I can’t really talk about risky, Given my character is the child of a eldritch abomination and carries a knockoff Necronomicon with him at all times. 😅
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:09:43 pm by Knightwing64 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 07:19:40 pm »

((How's this look boss? Thinking the Magatama can roll a d20 to see what I get when it powers up, and every now and then get a new spell or something. Can happen whenever, kinda just depends on how you want to handle us getting stronger.))

Hmm, your character is a two in one, so that is acceptable for your 'parasite' to have its own dice when it powers up., which is more of a symbiote, since it grants benefits to its host while it takes.

Its cool.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 06:00:16 pm »

OOC:You know what? We have waited enough! Que the entrance!

"Arrival at the set destination in 30 minutes." Said the A.I piloting the transport ship to the four passengers, whom were either fools or were deathseekers, or both. Everyone knew that approaching The Citadel was signing your own death sentence.

But the passengers did make this desicion anyways. Some one has to do it, and they had one special trick on their collective sleeve no other before had. A spell of sorts, put onto the very hull of the ship they were in that would protect them from the thing that hits whatever breaks through The Citadels veil.

Without talking, without thinking, they sat on their seats.

"15 minutes." said the A.I, with the same voice as before.

You all feel that something very big is right around the corner for all of you. 15 minutes is not much, but maybe you can make use of it before you pass beyond the point of no return.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:02:48 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 07:20:32 pm »

Amon just studys his spellbook with a smile, If these strangers want to talk to him, Go right ahead, He’s just shy. :)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 04:12:05 am »

Dr. Unpleasant quickly checks his handgun and magazines to make sure everything's loaded.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 12:08:21 pm »

Naoki sits calmly and awaits his fate. He's made his preparations. There is nothing to do but see what happens.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: [1] 2