Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Election: A Bright Future(Town Victory)  (Read 15437 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2021, 06:48:18 pm »

Caz often lurks their way to victory when they're scum. They did that in BYOR 15.

The BYOR that I replaced out of near-immediately because of other issues?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2021, 06:49:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Blu is the traitor ally at this point.
Great, no quotes. Lazy scum.

Ok, no quotes. But they have been the laziest player so far this game.

My vote's still on Web. for now. I need to see Caz do something - prove, poke, prod. Actually dig in - it seems only NQT is doing that isofar, and doing it against Web - which seems to me to be buddying, but I'm not sure.

They say this, and then do NOTHING themselves?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2021, 06:50:54 pm »

Is it really? Get off your perch

chicken noises
I want you to look at the easiest game you can look at over at Caves of Dashar. Look at Caz's play there: Very playful, engaged, attempting to find scum and willing to defend their arguments. Can you honestly say that their play here matches that?

Just going based off what I've seen, I'm 92% Caz is the town candidate. Points to wuba for creativity, though.

Wuba is trying too hard to look town. That's the vibe I'm getting. Hyperagressive, pushing hard, very heavily actively engaged. But... too much so?
So, I'm both not aggressive enough and hyperaggressive?

Active engagement has been one of my towntells, actually, so you're dead wrong on that one, but I can ALSO show that it's NAI at worst. Pushing hard is also something I should be doing. BECAUSE CAZ IS SCUM.

Caz often lurks their way to victory when they're scum. They did that in BYOR 15.

The BYOR that I replaced out of near-immediately because of other issues?
You literally don't get the point of that statement, and it's hilarious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2021, 06:53:57 pm »

Caz is reserved here. They HAVE TO LOOK GOOD to win. And they cannot prove I'm scum because they know I'll be smashing their arguments to bits and looking scummy. So, instead, they'll crowdsource for help, find their ally to do so, and then lurk their way to victory.

This is why I wanted to be an elector. I'd be electing anyone but Caz here for being lazy scum. It's just that simple.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2021, 06:56:27 pm »

Caz is reserved here. They HAVE TO LOOK GOOD to win. And they cannot prove I'm scum because they know I'll be smashing their arguments to bits and looking scummy. So, instead, they'll crowdsource for help, find their ally to do so, and then lurk their way to victory.

This is why I wanted to be an elector. I'd be electing anyone but Caz here for being lazy scum. It's just that simple.

I don't need to look good man, I only have to prove that you're scum. And you're doing most of that fine by yourself. I dunno if you are acting this way because you are trying to gesture to your ally that you're the traitor but no town!Web is this sloppy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2021, 07:00:31 pm »

Oof owie not the kneecap.

Still think it's Kitty, btw.
Oh why are you guys wasting the double-kneecap FFS.  >:(
Caz as Town is a very playful but very accidentally scummy looking player. They OMGUS hard, and it usually comes back to bite them in the end. But, they also keep going for their target. They'll try to get more and more information. This isn't Town Caz because this Caz is afraid to get their hands dirty and look bad.

I don't need to look good man, I only have to prove that you're scum. And you're doing most of that fine by yourself. I dunno if you are acting this way because you are trying to gesture to your ally that you're the traitor but no town!Web is this sloppy.
You've done nothing to show I'm scum. I've even given you several avenues of attack. Consider taking one.

Explain where scum!web is this sloppy. I suppose you could consider my dumbtells as sloppy. Have I made any dumbtells? I didn't realize there wasn't a hammer. That's about it.

I'm finding posts that show how playful you are as Town. And yet... Am I to assume that you're just waiting for someone else to back you up?

If I had an ally, this game would be easier because I wouldn't have to be doing the heavy lifting. Think on that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2021, 07:01:50 pm »

I dunno if you are acting this way because you are trying to gesture to your ally that you're the traitor but no town!Web is this sloppy.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This whole sentence makes no sense.

The ally knows who the traitor is, you fool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2021, 07:03:14 pm »

Wait... Does...

Does the traitor know the ally? Or does the ally know the traitor? What the fuck?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2021, 07:04:07 pm »

Oof owie not the kneecap.

Still think it's Kitty, btw.
Oh why are you guys wasting the double-kneecap FFS.  >:(
Caz as Town is a very playful but very accidentally scummy looking player. They OMGUS hard, and it usually comes back to bite them in the end. But, they also keep going for their target. They'll try to get more and more information. This isn't Town Caz because this Caz is afraid to get their hands dirty and look bad.

Literally what scumhunting needs to be done in this game given that I know you're the traitor? You need to find the traitor-ally, and finding them is important for town too. But other than that there's no reason to scumhunt because we already know who is scum.

I dunno if you are acting this way because you are trying to gesture to your ally that you're the traitor but no town!Web is this sloppy.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This whole sentence makes no sense.

The ally knows who the traitor is, you fool.

THIS IS DUMBTELLING.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2021, 07:06:29 pm »

I refuse to believe that someone as experienced as wuba hasn't thoroughly read over the opening post and start of game post.

Caz is the town candidate. My vote's on them.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2021, 07:09:29 pm »

I assumed that the ally knew the traitor. That... is what the word ally means. I assumed that if that assumption was wrong, then it was possible that the traitor knew the ally. As I don't have access to that role PM, I obviously cannot confirm that.

I refuse to believe that someone as experienced as wuba hasn't thoroughly read over the opening post and start of game post.

Caz is the town candidate. My vote's on them.
... Yeah, okay, bud. I read the opening post, and I assumed that there was knowledge of one party knowing the other.

... I'm not gonna scream at you, but if you're Town, I want you to scream at yourself because you've just accepted that I can literally never make mistakes when I ran BYOR 15 and literally killed the wrong player because I literally missed an action. So, I want you to rethink that statement.

My eyesight sucks. That's all there is to it. I cannot change that fact, and when I see something and understand it, it's stuck in my brain.

I'm not going to scream at you, but seriously, if you think that's a scumtell, I cannot fathom why you do.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2021, 07:13:56 pm »

I want you to take a nice long look at yourself and tell me I have never made mistakes before.

There are dozens of games on this forum that prove you wrong. We all make mistakes. I always make mistakes with Tric's games because they tend to have a single sentence and no formatting to help the vision impaired. They also don't post additional information such as role PMs that could potentially clear up said information, so if I misunderstand it, and no information counters that, consider that I cannot rethink a position if it isn't challenged.

notquitethere literally also said the same thing, and that's why I had changed my thought process on which one knew which one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2021, 07:15:51 pm »

There's a world of difference between the massive complexity of BYOR 15, having to run that game, and this simple setup.

I admit I'll feel very bad if it turns out that you're town when this is done.

I assumed that the ally knew the traitor. That... is what the word ally means.
Do you tell the mafia-ally who the mafia players are, in a typical setup?

There are dozens of games on this forum that prove you wrong. We all make mistakes. I always make mistakes with Tric's games because they tend to have a single sentence and no formatting to help the vision impaired. They also don't post additional information such as role PMs that could potentially clear up said information, so if I misunderstand it, and no information counters that, consider that I cannot rethink a position if it isn't challenged.
I understand that you can make mistakes. That said, this game is so simple that I'd be shocked if you managed to misunderstand the setup.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2021, 07:19:27 pm »

I gotta sleep guys. I really want to hear Blu's justification for voting me tomorrow though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2021, 07:25:31 pm »

So, you're saying I can never make mistakes if they're simple ones.

Fucking unbelievable. That sentence alone makes me want to quit this game. It's such an impossible attack to counter. I have to never make mistakes. Wonderful. I kinda don't want to even try now. That means if I ever make a mistake, it's literally easier to just straight up quit the game than it is to continue. No matter what happens, any mistake at all in roles that I don't have, and very little presented...

Why even try at this point? I've made one mistake as opposed to Caz's multiple. That's all there is to it, huh? I've never had my enthusiasm to try and fix a mistake be thoroughly shot to death.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14