Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Rise from the Ashes: A Fallout-based PvE Council Game  (Read 7738 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise from the Ashes: A Fallout-based PvE Council Game
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 01:02:23 pm »

Fair, fair. I see where you're coming from. I still would prefer to do something on the sillier side of the spectrum, but maybe I'll try and think of something a little bit less ludicrous.
But just imagine having to shower with Nuka-Cola.
Long Live United Forenia!

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 02:00:01 pm »

"...you mean the stuff they put in toilets?"

Quote from: Votes
Surface cameras:
Nuka-Cola, and no running water: (2) NUKE9.13, ConscriptFive
Bees:
Conspiracy... maybe: (3) Powder Miner, m1895, Skynet
Reverse Jim Crow:
NFL Joke:
Impossible to Keep Our Characters Straight:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:04:31 pm by ConscriptFive »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rise from the Ashes: A Fallout-based PvE Council Game
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 02:18:46 pm »

We're gonna be moving ahead later, so get your final proposals, arguments, and votes in now!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 02:21:21 pm »

Okay, so, how about this. I expanded the proposal to provide more of a rationale:

Vault 98 is stocked with centuries worth of extra-caffeinated Nuka-Cola, and no running water. (The bottles have unique bottlecaps which are not considered legal tender in the outside world)
Vault 98 is intended to study the potential for boosting human productivity through stimulants. To encourage the denizens to consume as much caffeine as possible, no source of drinking water is provided. The vault is also well stocked with other chemical stimulants- methamphetamines and suchlike. There are also various motivational posters plastered on most available surfaces, and a computer system that provides endless amounts of (pointless) data-management tasks (so as to give the hyperactive workforce an outlet).

E: Also, I think King Zultan intended their post to be a vote for colavault? Which would make it a tie.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:25:28 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 02:42:43 pm »

I break that tie with a vote for...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 02:44:48 pm »

Surface cameras:
Nuka-Cola, and no running water: (3) NUKE9.13, ConscriptFive, C2M
Bees:
Conspiracy... maybe: (4) Powder Miner, m1895, Skynet, hector13

“And next is the, uh, Nuka-Cola Corporate Sponsorship Vault?”
“Yes sir! The Nuka-Cola Vault is just about finished up!”
“Excellent! I...”
“The last tank of Nuka-Cola is being shipped there now.”
“... The last tank?”
“We only have room for a small production/recycling facilities, so the engineers wanted a pretty big reservoir to draw on. Who knows, they might try showering in the stuff haha!”
“... You mean in the Vault for Nuka-Cola?”
“The Nuke-Cola Vault, yes.”
“... Oh my god...”
“Umm well we already extensively modified the plumbing and water systems, I could get some estimates on your desk by next week.”
“Okay please do ... OH MY GOD THE HONEY VAULT”

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 03:15:20 pm »

Surface cameras:
Nuka-Cola, and no running water: (4) NUKE9.13, ConscriptFive, C2M, King Zultan
Bees:
Conspiracy... maybe: (4) Powder Miner, m1895, Skynet, hector13

Proper vote tallies with King Zultan's now. You're tied, nerds.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 03:26:54 pm »

Surface cameras:
Nuka-Cola, and no running water: (4) NUKE9.13, ConscriptFive, C2M, King Zultan
Bees:
Conspiracy... maybe: (5) Powder Miner, m1895, Skynet, hector13, Glass
Conspiracy is the more interesting of the two viable options, in my opinion.
Also, hi.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »

The Nukagate Conspiracy

Evidence was practically limitless and out in the open for the 98ers to discover the true use of the vault. The inhabitants were supposed to be divided into two roughly equal groups living in upper and lower levels. The vault had bland but incredibly healthy protein mush and a hydration gel to subsist off of, but after a severe "accident" that would divide the populations for a generation occurred, the lower levels were going to "miraculously" discover a hidden trove of near limitless Nuka-Cola products and related modern convenience foods. Vault-Tec wanted to see what sort of relationship would form between the two populations once they were reintroduced to one another.

Fortunately, no Vault-Tec employees made it into the Vault, and so the 98ers were able to uncover this surplus of food on their own. The machines that seemed to produce the protein mush and hydration gel from nothing were also in working order. The families of the Vault divided the tasty stockpiles evenly among themselves to distribute however they saw fit internally, while the machined food was left available to the public at any time.

The first couple years in the Vault went exceedingly well for the 98ers. With no need to worry about subsistence, people felt more free to pursue the arts and sciences. The Families willingly donated portions of their stockpiles to researchers in the Vault who were able to study in great detail the composition of most every Nuka-Cola product on the market and break them down to their basest components. It didn't take long before Nuka-Cola Quantum could be reprocessed into a liquid nuclear fuel, and one that was even compatible with their generators with practically zero modifications!

Problems began to occur when the families heavily involved in the Nuka sciences became entangled in a number of marriages and pairings. They ultimately became a political family with impressive amounts of influence in the Vault Council. The Independent Families, the term adopted by the rest of the families not involved in the Nuka power bloc, often understood and accepted the wisdom of knowledge that research provided, but also managed to keep the Nuka Families from gaining too much control.

The Vault was not perfect though, and there were some issues with petty crimes once in a while. In order to deal with these relatively minor crimes, the Council had decided to put together an official police force.

Propose the group responsible for policing your Vault. Include details like the equipment you hope they get, preferred doctrines and tactics, size, and whatever else you could think of that may define your Vault's police force.

Spoiler: Vault 98 Experiment (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 06:32:20 pm »

Two words: Soda Caps
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 06:48:03 pm »

Ideas for the police force:
-Each year, 10% of adults are chosen at random to be the police force. People guilty of a crime in the past year are excluded from the lottery that year. People guilty of violent crime are excluded forever.
-People on the force get essentially high-powered squirt guns. Like, really high-powered. Hurts-like-a-bitch levels of high pressure, though not enough to do any permanent damage. Of course, it’s Nuka-Cola instead of water, so it’s also going to be sticky and a pain to get out, as well as relatively obvious if you’ve been sprayed, if only because you’ll smell like Nuka-Cola.

What ideas do other people have?

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 06:54:33 pm »

Ideas for the police force:
-Each year, 10% of adults are chosen at random to be the police force. People guilty of a crime in the past year are excluded from the lottery that year. People guilty of violent crime are excluded forever.
-People on the force get essentially high-powered squirt guns. Like, really high-powered. Hurts-like-a-bitch levels of high pressure, though not enough to do any permanent damage. Of course, it’s Nuka-Cola instead of water, so it’s also going to be sticky and a pain to get out, as well as relatively obvious if you’ve been sprayed, if only because you’ll smell like Nuka-Cola.

What ideas do other people have?

...don't you mean, the "Thirst Zapper?"

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Thirst_Zapper

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 07:06:30 pm »

...don't you mean, the "Thirst Zapper?"

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Thirst_Zapper
Ahahahahaha, I didn't even know that was a thing!
But anyway, I think ours would be significantly more powerful than that, albeit not to the degree that its modifications are, of course, since we're not making it lethal, but the pressure would be high enough to have a damage value (albeit on the low end), in contrast to the default zapper doing none.

Considering what we've done with Nuka-Cola Quantum, though, it could be modified to the quantum gun variant pretty easily. Which, considering the stats on that, is fucking terrifying.
Maybe we don't do the squirt gun?

Additional idea: Bottlecap chainmail.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2021, 08:18:47 pm »

I mean, the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4 got really out there in terms of Nuka Cola lore.  Not only was Nuka World basically Disney World, but the "Beverageers" were deeply enmeshed in sci-fi wartime R&D.  This is where Nuka Cola Quantum came from, as well as a lot of other weird stuff.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/John-Caleb_Bradberton

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Cobalt

If you skipped that DLC for FO4, it's worth combing the wiki for the visual references alone:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Nuka-World_(add-on)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 08:29:52 pm by ConscriptFive »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 09:06:31 pm »

If you skipped that DLC for FO4
FTFY :p

The extent of my experience with Fallout is watching Vechs play Fallout 4 a number of years ago, occasionally seeing it on TvTropes, and pointing and laughing at 76.

I'll look it over.

(By the way, you can use the (url)(/url) tags with square brackets [] to make those links less obtrusive. Just do (url=desiredwebsite.com)some kind of text(/url) (with [] of course) to give yourself hyperlink text that isn't just a raw URL. Here's an example.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10