Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stuck with a mayor  (Read 866 times)

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
stuck with a mayor
« on: March 23, 2021, 10:51:16 am »

I have 170 dwarfs or so and still stuck with a mayor i am in a metropolis and have over 1 million in wealth

is there a way i can get a king or queen?
I do notice when i got more migrants that it said it was dangerous to come to my fort might that be a issue.
only 180 or so dwarfs died since i started playing this fort.
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

Bogotyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stuck with a mayor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 12:38:17 pm »

Even if the King comes, you will still have a mayor.  It's a separate hierarchy.  In order to get the king to come, you need to have made a certain amount of offerings to the mountainhome, through the caravan, and have over 140 population (which you do).  If you fulfill these requirements, the king should come if he exists.  If your civilization is dwindling, there may not be a king. 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 02:36:35 pm »

There should always be a monarch (unless the civ is dead, which this one isn't since it receives migrants beyond the two first waves). However, the rules for getting a monarch have changed, so some of the requirements have been replaced with having holdings (founded by the mountainhome or conquered, I believe, as I don't think sites that link themselves economically to your fortress but don't belong to your civ count).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 08:52:44 pm »

Even if the King comes, you will still have a mayor.  It's a separate hierarchy.  In order to get the king to come, you need to have made a certain amount of offerings to the mountainhome, through the caravan, and have over 140 population (which you do).  If you fulfill these requirements, the king should come if he exists.  If your civilization is dwindling, there may not be a king.
And there's a menu....somewhere...called "becoming the capital". Choose that and you can see how much more you have to offer to get the king.

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 02:57:07 am »

Thanks I made a offering and found the menu (N -> C)  seems i gave them enough now
I guess i need to wait for the next liaison to come by and say i can have a king or what ever the trigger is to get one.

Thanks for the help all!
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.