Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44885 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

No it's more something I plan on doing instead.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going to ask for extension, given I am currently working on stuff. Whenever Andrea and Jack get back on that.
Anyway, it is late to assess complex matters at this time and tomorrow I may be busy so...
I guess I will ask for an extension too.
No worries. I'll stick on an extra 24 hours. Let me know if you're done early.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LOT3BID 2.05 guineas

Will fill this post with the other things soon...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that's too close to the deadline, so another extension it is. 12 hours, give or take- though I would extend it again if the bidding hasn't concluded in the next few hours.

Actually, I could update earlier if everyone involved in the bidding (that is, Andrea and EuchreJack) is satisfied with the outcome. This should not be taken as pressure to concede the auction- but if you are done, let me know.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am happy with me winning the title currently.

@Tric
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 6% of the initial sum. Failure to pay interests and provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
Interest is added kept in the bank's vaults until requested, at which point it is immediately transfered.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:

-Sharky's financial services
-

I believe you inquired about a navigator. Have you used the Nav token already? that would also work.

@Flazeo
Yes, I should have money in spring

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ANDREA, I need 3.2gn loan. I've got one ticket to send the Maigierin on it's journey. Need one Navigator for the Motherland's Bounty. And a Navigator for the new ship I'm buying.

Also, I deposited 2.75gn into trust with you. (As a reminder.)

Needed action resolutions
3.2 Loan to Corsairs(Standard 10%, 3 month). 2.75gn deposit(at 6%) to Sharky
.4 for nav, .2 for nav (for loan taken for new ship), 1 ticket.

OF NOTE: I've also paid off the 6.63 loan to you, so make sure to add that to your accounts. YAP hasn't returned yet, but Bloody Shark should make it through the storm relatively intact next turn.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

@Andrea: I will only concede the bid if you either pay me 0.3 guineas, or raise your bid to 2.45 guineas (which exceeds my 2 royal favour plus the value of my 1 unit of sand should I sell it to exceed your bid).

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Standard Options (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The crown isn't a competitor, and I am willing to pay 0.1 extra to them rather than give you 0.3.

Keep bidding, if you wish.

@Tric

You sure you want to deposit and loan at the same time?

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3.2 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

After 3 months, it is possible to terminate the contract early, paying the principal and all the prior interest.

Signed:
-

You may note that I added an early repayment clause. As ships start moving around quicker, I intend this to be standard in future contracts. Enjoy aying less interest on short term loans, everyone!

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Motherland's bounty represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid before ship departure. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes in this case. Getting some interest flowing will give me more money that letting it sit around.
Just set up the deposit contract and sign the other two papers. That should be it for this turn. Of note, if all three ships make it back on time, some of it is earmarked for an invention.
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3.2 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

After 3 months, it is possible to terminate the contract early, paying the principal and all the prior interest.

Signed:
-TricMagic

Quote from: Shipbuying part Y
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Pirate's Question' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the 'Norderland' until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the 'Pirate's Question' cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the 'Pirate's Question'.
 Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the 'Pirate's Question' to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 11 Guineas

ACTACTACT: And another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 11! Guineas is delivered to the office as payment, as is right for commissioning a ship. Pirate's Question sets off to ask for wool. Destination is Norderland.

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Pirate's Question represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid before ship departure. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Bathtub Corsairs

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Motherland's Bounty represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.4 guineas.
-
-Bathtub Corsairs

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Maigierin represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 1 NAV-Wool Ticket.
-
-Bathtub Corsairs

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, I would like to buy 2 wool, for the purposes of clothing

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.64gn for 2, taken from my own cargo I was selling. Another is selling 2, so prices should be stable. (Note Nuke ACTACTACT , my earlier action has been changed to sell 18, since I'm selling Andrea two.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 6% of the initial sum. Failure to pay interests and provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
Interest is added kept in the bank's vaults until requested, at which point it is immediately transfered.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:

-

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Motherland's Bounty represented by the signatory company with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.4 guineas.
-Sharky's financial Services
-Bathtub Corsairs

As for the Nav token, there is no need to sign a contract. Just declare that you use it.

However, I will note that there are very few ships running sand, and without more price will skyrocket, before eventually collapsing as demand drops. It may be wiser to send a ship that way.

Pay 1.64 guineas to Tricmagic

ACTACTACT
Craft magnificent wool clothes. wear them at the ceremony for the lordship.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Andrea: Have it your way...

ACTACTACT: Sell 1 sand for 0.44 Guineas

LOT3BID: 2 Royal Favour and 0.44 Guineas

NOTICE: Want Copper? I have one share in the ship Coppermold, which entitles me to one Copper when it returns.  Obviously, it is not here now and thus not worth one unit of Copper.  I therefore will start the bidding at 1 Guinea, a real bargain for such a new and valuable commodity!  High bid by the time Andrea counters my above bid wins!

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Standard Options (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too bad I can't edit the above, I'm being FAR too generous with my share in Coppermold.

It is set to return next month, and Copper is currently listed at 1.75 Guineas per unit.  Seriously, DON'T bid on my share of Coopermold.  But I'll honor it if you do, since I need to jack up the price for the Lordship this turn instead of next.

Yeah, I'm not that crazy.  Sorry about editing my bidding post, hopefully the simple strikeout without modifying everything else will not offend.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed:

-Bathtub Corsiars

I can't really go for sand as I'd be sending it off for the scopes. However we could discuss a production contract for Scopes? I am sure many ships would pay a price for a finished scope as ships enter port than have to send a ship just to procure one.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71