Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44922 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A reminder I'd need to get both contracts lined up to sign them. Signing things you don't need is a waste of time and money, so doubly wasteful 💰

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

A reminder I'd need to get both contracts lined up to sign them. Signing things you don't need is a waste of time and money, so doubly wasteful 💰

How much did you want to borrow?  Just the 1 guinea, or some other amount?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@TRICTRICTRIC: Proposed 3 month contract at 1 guinea.  If you want 2 guinea, just sign two contracts?

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Standard Options (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Tric Sign Here
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for an exact period of time of 3 months, at which 1.3 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it hilarious that Sharky and FUSFirst United Sandbank aka F. U. Sharky are working together on this...
It's all in good fun!  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would be a topic name for the nexus between Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair and Ventures by Moonlight?
What is the common denominator?
SAND
Sandbase Alpha: Risky Ventures multiverse exchange (Crossover thread)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SHARKSHARKSHARK

If the issue is wool, I could have a ship go for sand?

NUKENUKENUKE, mind extending while this is dealt with? Need to figure out what to do with the sand, as well as potentially getting another ship running.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am here, I am here!  wool isn't an issue, I was just otherwise occupied. Goal is still 2 ships per turn, But with some missing and potential sinks such as me possibly financing a few jacks, 3 ships now should be reasonable.

5 or 5.1? I'll post the contract, edit with the number you wish.
I'll make a 3 month contract, to match the length of the one offered by the first united sandbank. This should make it easier to plan.

Quote from: loan
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 5 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for the purpose of chartering a ship
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after the ship comes in port or 3 months after it goes missing. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.
Interest will not be accrued while the ship is considered missing.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Following Contracts will go into effect on purchase of a Ship bought with the loaned funds. If no ship is bought, contracts default.(Note, contracts succeeded.)
Quote from: Contact
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for an exact period of time of 3 months, at which 1.3 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-Bathtub Corsiars

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 5.1 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for the purpose of chartering a ship
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after the ship comes in port or 3 months after it goes missing. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.
Interest will not be accrued while the ship is considered missing.

Signed:
-Bathtub Corsairs

ACTACTACT: Sell ten Sand for 4.2gn.

[.9+4.2]+5.1+1=11.2.

Quote from: Shipbuying part X
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Motherland's Bounty' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the 'Norderland' until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the 'Motherland's Bounty's' cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall also be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Failure to pay will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". These "repair funds" can be used to purchase new ships with the agreement of the involved parties, new shares being given out in accordance of shares currently owned.  Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the 'Motherland's Bounty'.
 Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the 'Motherland's Bounty' to be in agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs: 11 Guineas

ACTACTACT: And another bathtub frilled with coins equaling 11! Guineas is delivered to the office as payment, as is right for commissioning a ship. Motherland's Bounty sets off to enrich the Motherland. Destination is Norderland.

ANDREASHARKANDREA
Quote from: Nav Contract, with -.2 due to taking a loan, if I remember rightly.
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Pirate's Bounty represented by Bathtub Corsiars with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-
-Bathtub Corsiars
This correct?

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:57:30 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[/b]
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Pirate's Bounty represented by Bathtub Corsiars with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Bathtub Corsiars

Travel safe!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:48:29 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[/b]
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Motherland's Bounty represented by Bathtub Corsiars with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.2 guineas.
-Bathtub Corsiars

Travel safe!

Actually changed the name. I will though. Hopefully.

Next turn would be the turn for Spinning Jacks.(If we provide the wool, will you provide the gold? Or some of it anyway. Guess we'll see then if  they both made it back safely.)

Also, I am now Broke. Oh well.

NUKENUKENUKE: That's all from me.

(I'm a bit off a 20gn debt total, but I've got four ships.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:01:49 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Late Autumn, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The Nsailor and Aywanez' depart south, while the Warrick, Magierin, and Motherland's Bounty head for Norderland

Wobbleglaive once again disparages the Sand trade; "I despiseth sand. It art coarse, rough, and vexatious". The newly open-sourced Sandpaper does some work counteracting Wobbleglaive's words, but the healthy surplus in the market still sees the price drop a little.
[24 Sand Sold]

With below-maintenance levels of Wool entering the market, the price remains high- though some worry about the possibility of having to reduce production.
[6 Wool Sold]

The Crown commends Aywanez Enterprises for their selfless publication of the blueprints for Sandpaper, minor though the contribution may be. 
[Aywanez Enterprises receives 1 Royal Favour]

With the recent pair of missing ships on the Norderland route, the Crown has decided that a degree of oversight over said northern neighbour is in order. A new title, Lord of Norderland, is to be created, with Royal agents already dispatched north to start collecting information. Of course, there is only one sensible way to decide who gets the title, which is another Royal Auction. The title will, once again, come with absolutely no land, subjects, or noble privileges beyond the receiving of reports on the state of Norderland and the associated trade route.
[Tag bids with LOT3BID. Minimum bid 1 Guinea/Royal Favour. Duration: 3 turns]

Following the announcement by the honourable Baron of the Nearsouthlands, the Woolritter is declared lost. Wilco Ventures is commended by the Crown for their honourable treatment of the sailors' families, especially in the face of personal losses.
[Woolritter is declared LOST. Wilco Ventures receives 1 Royal Favour]

The Granular Galleon, Bloody Shark, and Hardtack return to port. The Irreplaceable is still missing, as is the Enterprise.

PRICES
Sand    - 0.40 Guineas per unit (-0.02)
Wool    - 0.80 Guineas per unit (+0)
Copper  - 1.75 Guineas per unit (+0)
Ship    - 11 Guineas each (+0)
Caravel - 9 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand   | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool   | Exclusive charts
Nordestlant    - 5 Month round trip, yields Copper | Public charts

SHIPS

>Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed Late Autumn Y2 for Nearsouthlands. Expected return Early Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
<Great Granular Galleon - Returned Late Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands Early Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
!!Woolritter             - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2 LOST
>Aywanez' Own           - Departed Late Autumn Y2 for Nearsouthlands. Expected return Early Winter Y2 [SCOPE][Sanded]

>Warrick                - Departed Late Autumn Y2 for Norderland. Expected return Mid Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
!Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Summer Y2, expected to return end of Early Autumn Y2 Missing!!
<Bloody Shark           - Returned Late Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland Early Winter Y2
!Irreplaceable II       - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2 Missing!
<Hardtack               - Returned Late Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland Early Winter Y2
Yet Another Pirate     - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Norderland. Expected return Early Winter Y2
>Magierin               - Departed Late Autumn Y2 for Norderland. Expected return Mid Winter Y2
>Motherland's Bounty    - Departed Late Autumn Y2 for Norderland. Expected return Mid Winter Y2

>Giddy Chicken          - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
>Jolly Crustacean       - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]
>Coppermold             - Departed Mid Autumn Y2 for Nordestlant. Expected return Late Winter Y2 [SCOPE]

Lying Bastard          - Explorer. Departed West in Early Autumn. ETA: Unknown [SCOPE]

INVENTIONS:
SCOPE - 3 Sand - Private
Lace Pattern Clothing - 2 Wool - Public
Spinning Jack - 1 Wool, 1 Guinea - Public
Sandpaper - 2 Sand - Public

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.
Royal Auction: "Lord of Norderland" (LOT3BID), 3 turns remaining.

NEW MECHANIC: Lost Ships. Let it never be said that the shipping industry is risk-free. A ship that fails to show up for an extended period- or is reported sunk by credible sources- will be declared Lost. Lost ships will be stricken from the list of ships on the following turn. It is still, in principle, possible for a lost ship to show up- maybe it was just extremely delayed. But don't count on it.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K. Hardtack is privately owned right? Let us spin jacks.

Quote from: Spiing Jack's Contract
The Bloody Shark and Hardtack shall each donate 5 Wool and 0.4gn to the production of Spinning Jacks, while Sharky's Finacial Services donate Navigators to each ship and .2gn. The produced Spinning Jacks shall be used immediately to bolster demand for wool. This Agreement will continue for each turn so long as Jacks can be produced or 4 are made under the agreement, and both ship-owning parties shall contribute to the repairs of the mentioned ships equally.
Disruption of the paired ships will result in the Contract being cut short.

-Bathtub Corsairs
-
-

-----: Sell 5 Wool for 4gn.
Andrea, assuming this contract works out I'll be paying some of my debt back to you this turn. 3.6 to be exact. Are the terms agreeable to all parties?

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 03:37:58 pm by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 5 sand for 2.0 Guineas
@Flazeo: Sell 2 sand for 0.82 Guineas
@Andrea: Paying 1.68 guineas, paying off the entirety of the interest from my previous loan.
Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 03:48:26 pm by Powder Miner »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind my contract. They are actually pretty cheap?

Hmm.. Andrea, what would be a good balance between us?

3 wool is 2.4gn. 2 Wool then spent on Jacks. In return the Ship receives two NAV-Wool Tickets, good for a single trip to Norderland. Tickets can be negotiated to be used for other ships on an individual basis.

More specifically, each jack donated earns a NAV-Wool Ticket you can use for that ship, up to two per turn.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 03:41:16 pm by TricMagic »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Navigator
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Warrick represented by Wilco Ventures with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for 2 back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.7 guineas in total.
-Sharky's financial services
- Wilco Ventures 0.7 Guineas

Quote from: SCOPE license
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned companies at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
- Wilco Ventures 0.8 Guineas

ActActAct: Sell 8U of Wool for 6.4 Guineas. use 3 sand to create a scope and attach it to Hardtack, Spend 2 wool and 2 Guineas to create spin jacks and put them on the market and put the royal favor gained towards the explorer license bringing it down from 3 needed to 2.

TricTricTric: Pay 0.4 Guineas to Bathtub Corsairs.

AndreaAndreaAndrea: Pay 1.5 Guineas to Sharky's financial services for scope cost and navigator.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71