Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45066 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for 2 SCOPEs to the undersigned Powder and Partner at a cost of 1.6 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
-

@Powder

Sure, will pay now. Feel free to subtract the amount due from the SCOPE fees

@Tric
I have 10 guineas available for loans.
Regarding discounts on navigators when traveling with the purpose of making spinning jacks, don't worry about that. Plus, I'll likely contribute something to the project directly. I am at war with copper currently.

@EvictedSaint
Enjoy your SCOPE and travel safe!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:20:03 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That should be enough, sign me up for a 10gn loan. I'm going to be heading for Norderland with a new ship.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[. . . very complicated . . . how do I join?]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strike up a company, search for investors to buy your first ship with, and sail to collect goods.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How to join is described in the opening post. However, I should point out that I quote people's ACTions when processing the turn, which might not be to your liking?
Long Live United Forenia!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How to join is described in the opening post. However, I should point out that I quote people's ACTions when processing the turn, which might not be to your liking?

That's OK. All right, I will make some effort to acquire knowledge via RTFM.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically, you start with 3 units of currency (guineas).
The motherland sells ships and you can send them to several destinations.

The amount you start with is deliberately not enough to do much on your own (with exceptions) to force players to cooperate and get creative.

While currency comes in the game through trading, and there are occasionally special interactions possible with NPCs, the game is dominated by player to player interactions, usually dealt in terms of contracts signed by all interested parties. Here your creativity is the limit. Some players went public selling shares of their companies (but if you plan an IPO please do it sensibly), while for example I am an investment bank who never ever owned a ship.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahhhh, interesting. OK, that was what I needed. I'll join in ... a while.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That should be enough, sign me up for a 10gn loan. I'm going to be heading for Norderland with a new ship.
ANDREASHARKANDREA

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Pleasure doing business with you as always, andrea.

Vector: While there's a lot going on, you can actually ignore most of it at first (or really indefinitely) and just get some shares on a ship for the trading loop of the game if you so wish, and then get into the more complicated aspects later. It's what I did.

ACTACTACT: Trade in 6 Sand for two SCOPEs. One of these will be immediately applied to the Great Granular Galleon.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Techically, there is a guy who basically only posted once in the thread to deposit money in my company, then just left it compounding since. The bar to entrance is really low.

@Tric

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 10 guineas to the undersigned company, Bathtub Corsairs, for the purpose of chartering a ship
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after the ship comes in port or 3 months after it goes missing. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.
Interest will not be accrued while the ship is considered missing.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

This already includes the navigator. With the new route discovered and such a massive loan, the cost would reach 0 handily.
If you plan to do some spinning jacks. contact me when you have the wool and I shall help.

By the way, this is the standard contract. Would you rather have a shorter term one? I notice you generally pay early, as soon as the ship arrives.

@Powder
Enjoy the SCOPEs, travel safe!

@Vector
When you decide to join, if you contact me I might be able to loan you some money to help get you started.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:31:32 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one would be a bit more difficult to pay. But yeah, one due on arrival of the ship would be nice.

Clearing my debts promptly is a good thing. It gets it off my back, and gives you the money to make more business choices. Win-win for all involved.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:33:03 pm by TricMagic »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Made it basically a 3 month loan. you pay when the ship comes back, or 3 months after it is declared missing. While the ship is missing no further itnerest is accrued, so compared to the standard loan you save 3 months of interest.
Or, I guess I could do a longer loan with a lower interest rate. Our partnership has been good so far, so I can be flexible on terms.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The former.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The previous contract I posted is already edited.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71