Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45086 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bid Reduction Contract
Bathtub Corsairs will deposit 1.8gn to Aywanez Enterprises at the end of the Bidding if the Bathtub Corsairs' Bid of 8gn(+Prototype Scope) goes through. In return Aywanez Enterprises will withdraw from the bidding so long as no new bid from others are made.

-Bathtub Corsairs
- Aywanez Enterprises

ACTACTACT: Withdraw all bid-donations.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Aywanez' Own' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Aywanez' Own cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Aywanez' Own. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Aywanez' Own to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 11 Guineas
ACTACTACT: Launch the ship Aywanez' Own on a route to the Nearsouthlands.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Call for extension due to backroom negotiation.
Righto. +12 hours (~18 hours from this post)
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given it resolved quickly. But no bid sniping is in effect. At least I'll have more gn than I would have otherwise..

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early Autumn, Y2
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

Departing for Norderland this month: the Hardtack and Bloody Shark.
Departing for the Nearsouthlands: the Aywanez' Own, Nearsouth Nsailor, Magierin (fully repaired), and Woolritter.

Scandal! It emerges that sand brokers short-changed ship-owners. The Crown forces the brokers to reimburse any who sold sand this month. Anyway, with a healthy amount of sand on hand, prices legitimately decline.
[21 Sand Sold. NOTE: PRICE LAST TURN WAS WRONG, SHOULD'VE BEEN 0.43. IF YOU SOLD SAND, GAIN 0.02 PER UNIT SOLD]

A tailor creating knock-off Lace Pattern Clothing stabs themselves with a needle, develops an infection, and dies. Some people blame the intricate patterns for the death, leading to a decline in price (not helped by a sufficiency of wool in the market).
[21 Wool Sold]

After some intense negotiations, Luther van Pillar accepts 8 Guineas from the Bathtub Corsairs, as well as a SCOPE and the instructions "Sail West". He finishes stocking up supplies and boards his ship, the Lying Bastard, which then sails out of the harbour and into the sunset.

You wouldn't think a ship could sulk, yet the Dreary Black Pincer manages it as it pulls into the harbour one morning. The crew seem glad to be back in the Motherlands, and have many exciting stories to share. They have nothing but praise for the captain, who steered them through stormy seas, treacherous straits, and foreboding fjords with aplomb. The captain herself is less thrilled to be back, especially when she discovers that her daring adventures- plus unfounded rumours of being a pirate queen- have only heightened her prestige-bolstering appeal in the minds of the Motherland's bachelors. Can't a girl catch a break?
Anyway. Dorothy reveals that she has charted a route to the chilly country of Nordestlant, one which should take about five months to complete. As suggested by the crews' tales, the route is not quite as safe as the Norderland and Nearsouthlands routes- and is likely to be even more dangerous during the winter-, though it is probably not quite as dangerous as they make it out to be, considering the fact that Dotty managed to avoid any sort of serious danger. She reluctantly shares her impressions of the exotic destination: amidst the craggy fjords, the craggy inhabitants of Nordestlant eke out an existence. According to a local tour guide, they used to raid and pillage across the known world (and beyond), but stopped after someone lost the blueprints needed to build longboats.
You might think Nordestlant devoid of value, but the natives do engage in some fairly advanced mining operations. Amongst other things, this yields large quantities of high-quality copper- which will fetch a high price in the Motherlands. The natives evidently consider it fairly disposable, as they happily trade it for our gaudy baubles.
[No, you're foolish for having several different destinations whose names look similar at a glance in a text-based game]

The Giddy Chicken, Sandshape, Great Granular Galleon and Jolly Crustacean return from the Nearsouthlands. The Enterprise, however, is nowhere to be seen.

PRICES
Sand    - 0.41 Guineas per unit (-0.02)
Wool    - 0.78 Guineas per unit (-0.05)
Copper  - 1.75 Guineas per unit (new!)
Ship    - 11 Guineas each (+0)
Caravel - 9 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand   | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool   | Exclusive charts
Nordestlant    - 5 Month round trip, yields Copper | Public charts

SHIPS
<Giddy Chicken          - Returned end of Early Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Autumn Y2
>Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2
>Magierin               - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2
<Sandshape              - Returned end of Early Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Autumn Y2 [SCOPE]
<Great Granular Galleon - Returned end of Early Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Autumn Y2
<Jolly Crustacean       - Returned end of Early Autumn Y2 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Autumn Y2 [SCOPE]
>Woolritter             - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2
>Aywanez' Own           - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2

Warrick                - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2
!Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Summer Y2, expected to return end of Early Autumn Y2 Missing
>Bloody Shark           - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Late Autumn Y2
Irreplaceable II       - Departed for Norderland in beginning Late Summer Y2, expected to return end of Mid Autumn Y2
>Hardtack               - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Autumn Y2, expected to return end of Late Autumn Y2

Dreary Black Pincer    - Explorer. Returned Early Autumn with charts to Nordestlant
Lying Bastard          - Explorer. Departed West in Early Autumn. ETA: Unknown [SCOPE]

OTHER OFFERINGS
Moira Libum is always taking donations of any amount/combination of resources, and will provide blueprints in return.

MECHANIC UPDATE: Explorer Auctions. The next NPC explorer offering Exclusive Charts will auction them, in a similar format to a Royal Auction (although Royal Favour will not be accepted currency). Basically, this means you will not be able to withdraw the winning bid. (If nobody bids in the auction, regular small donations will still be accepted). 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:56:56 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair
« Reply #814 on: May 12, 2021, 04:40:31 am »

@ACTACTACT:
Put a SCOPE on the Giddy Chicken.
Giddy Chicken and Jolly Crustacean sail north for copper.
Invite Dorothy to dinner to exchange stories of adventure.  Let her pet my chicken.  Show her my crab.

We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for a SCOPE to the undersigned Happy Crab LLC at a cost of 0.8 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of a single device, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
- Happy Crab LLC

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:42:40 am by evictedSaint »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Rock's Firm (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12 sand, for a reinbursed .24gn. Deposit 1.8 to a1s as stated in the contract. And 8gn gone. Amusingly, that leaves me with 1.8.

Andrea, will need to see what you have this turn for loans. I'm still in the market for wool. Perhaps a charter for the production of spinning jacks when my next shipment comes in? What say the Hardtack's owner, care to join?

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Depends

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

Do nothing this turn.

@Rockeater You fine with us sending Warrick to go hunt for copper next turn if so, we can split cost on a scope, I'll use my sand and 0.4G to fund it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:21:48 pm by flazeo25 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, no money.

Put simply, it's a longterm project where we split the cost of repairs and Spinning Jacks. I'd want Andrea's input though, given for that to be viable we'd need discounts on navigation. Say -0.5 for ships under that contract. This would continue until we've got the other 10 up and running. Though for this round producing 4 jacks would be enough. (This also secures the contract for the term, as we are working to improve the industry. Maybe some favor too.)

The reduced wool coming in also means prices will be stable.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

@TricMagic I'll be able to do after Hardtack get's back, since wool from Warrick going to debt and buying 2 scopes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is the idea, since my ship will also arrive at the same time. The idea is to bolster demand. It's a better payoff than the copper trip for those with their own ships, though for those with shared ships copper is the better choice.

Andrea, set me up for a Norderland loan. I'm buying a new ship. (This is mostly in the interest of spinning jacks for now, though it's first trip will likely be paying off the loan.) Got 1.8gn at the moment. (If I can get  flazeo or someone else in on this it could bolster Spinning Jack production further.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:06:30 am by TricMagic »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

I'll likely be able to get 1 spinjack with it, will need to send Hardtack to fetch sand for 1 trip to get scope for before putting back on wool.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 2 Sand for 0.82gn
SHARKSHARKSHARK: Payback 0.82gn of the loan

Spoiler: Lord Pibleton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:16:52 pm by Kashyyk »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

After talking a bit with Andrea (for whom this is most relevant, of course) I'm switching to a quarterly subscription model:
At the turn of every season (in other words, when the turn titled Late ____, Y_ comes out and Early ____, Y_ is in the thread title) I'm going to charge 0.3 guineas and then provide news as it comes for the rest of that season..

Andrea: I'd want that payment for this autumn this month, which would be a month late by the new model, but, well, I'd have charged 0.2 for this month and last month anyway. I also will want to purchase two SCOPE licenses from you this month for 1.6 guineas.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I knew she'd be back as soon as I sent off my ship.  :P
ACTACTACT: rename "Sandshape" to "Coppermold", and send it to Nordestlant.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71