Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45082 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should be able to provide the loan next turn. Need to arrange some things, will keep you updated
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:49:50 am by andrea »

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bidding war looks like it comes to a close, but Setsu Enterprises still has assets that it would prefer to invest in. And when you invest, you gotta engage in diversification!

Andrea and Jack, I offer to lend you my assets at a 4.5% rate of return, in perpetuity. The text of the contract does differ from what you’re used to, as there is no mention of interest and the “right of expropriation” is mentioned first instead of at the end of the contract (and I generally waive this right, only using it if a default event occurs). However, it generally is equivalent to me lending this money to you at 4.5% interest, so I don’t think this should be a huge barrier.

(The galactic empire from which I came from is strongly opposed to interest...or even money, period, due to it being a post-scarcity economy fueled by replicators. So I have to do a lot of hand-wringing to write this modified contract that does not mention the term “interest” but still matches the traditions of the Motherland.)

@AndreaAndreaAndrea
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 1.25 guineas from the undersigned, Setsu Enterprises, in return for a Right of Expropriation of Assets for at least equal value of the total investment. Every month, Setsu Enterprise temporarily waives this right of expropriation for a fee equal to 4.5% of the current outstanding value (and the fee is then rolled over into the investment proper). This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Setsu Enterprises may deposit additional funds at any time. With three month’s notice, Setsu Enterprises may withdraw funds from this investment. Failure to provide the sum will cause Setsu Enterprise to invoke its Right of Expropriation of Assets (but only for the funds that it attempted to withdraw).

- Setsu Enterprises
-

@JackJackJack
We, the undersigned United First Sandbank, agree to receive 1.25 guineas from the undersigned, Setsu Enterprises, in return for a Right of Expropriation of Assets for at least equal value of the total investment. Every month, Setsu Enterprise temporarily waives this right of expropriation for a fee equal to 4.5% of the current outstanding value (and the fee is then rolled over into the investment proper). This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Setsu Enterprises may deposit additional funds at any time. With three month’s notice, Setsu Enterprises may withdraw funds from this investment. Failure to provide the sum will cause Setsu Enterprise to invoke its Right of Expropriation of Assets (but only for the funds that it attempted to withdraw).

- Setsu Enterprises
-

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:41:36 am by Skynet »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lower bet that previously stood was 8 guineas. Mind if I ACTACTACT: Reduce Bid back to 8 Guineas and Protoscope? That puts me back in position to buy a ship next turn.

This bid-upmanship has been stressful for me today.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lower bet that previously stood was 8 guineas. Mind if I ACTACTACT: Reduce Bid back to 8 Guineas and Protoscope? That puts me back in position to buy a ship next turn.
I don't mind, but unless a1s withdraws all their bids higher than that, you won't get the charts.

E: Also, I'm going to say 24 hours. Roughly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:43:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't they withdraw though? In that the ship they are buying prevents them from having the gn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Can the ship be conditional on me not getting the charts? Because I'd rather have those.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't they withdraw though? In that the ship they are buying prevents them from having the gn.
Talking about buying a ship is not buying a ship.

Can the ship be conditional on me not getting the charts? Because I'd rather have those.
That sounds like work. No, no conditionals.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Bid 11 Guineas.(for now) Sail West.

Andrea. Hope you have something good soon.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:54:27 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

"Safety OFF, First United Sandbank engaging for battle."

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

@SkynetSkynetSkynet
We, the undersigned United First Sandbank, agree to receive 1.25 guineas from the undersigned, Setsu Enterprises, in return for a Right of Expropriation of Assets for at least equal value of the total investment. Every month, Setsu Enterprise temporarily waives this right of expropriation for a fee equal to 4.5% of the current outstanding value (and the fee is then rolled over into the investment proper). This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Setsu Enterprises may deposit additional funds at any time. With three month’s notice, Setsu Enterprises may withdraw funds from this investment. Failure to provide the sum will cause Setsu Enterprise to invoke its Right of Expropriation of Assets (but only for the funds that it attempted to withdraw).

- Setsu Enterprises
- United First Sandbank

Quote from: from: Standard Six Certificate of Deposit
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to receive X guineas to the undersigned company, Y.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 6% of the initial sum.  It shall be held for exactly six (6) months, and automatically rolls over if request is not received for its withdraw prior to the expiry of the 6 month term.  It can not be withdrawn outside of these terms, so plan carefully!

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

Quote from: from: Standard 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, x, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1.2 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Alright, no ship for now.
However, since I now have loans to pay I could use some money
Tell you what, Tric, I'll let you have the charts for 7.5 guineas, if you take over the repayment of my loans. Principal and interest both. I, personally, dislike being in debt, whereas you don't seem to mind it. And you will save slightly under 2 guineas.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should be able to loan you 11 guineas next turn.  Numbers are looking good-ish, assuming income projections match reality.

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 1.25 guineas from the undersigned, Setsu Enterprises, in return for a Right of Expropriation of Assets for at least equal value of the total investment. Every month, Setsu Enterprise temporarily waives this right of expropriation for a fee equal to 4.5% of the current outstanding value (and the fee is then rolled over into the investment proper). This investment will continue in perpetuity, however Setsu Enterprises may deposit additional funds at any time. With three month’s notice, Setsu Enterprises may withdraw funds from this investment. Failure to provide the sum will cause Setsu Enterprise to invoke its Right of Expropriation of Assets (but only for the funds that it attempted to withdraw).

- Setsu Enterprises
- Sharky's financial ventures

Also:

@ROCKEATER
Paying 0.3 guineas of outstanding itnerest

@m1895
Add 0.1 guineas to m1895's account for yet undisclosed but quite valuable services.
The beneft of having an account in a bank: you can pay other players without actually exchanging physical money! (warning, overdraft may incur fees)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:43:31 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope they are a better rate than normal. Since if it's the wool trade

I'll just wait then. And if a1s buys a ship I can reduce my bid. You can keep your own self-incurred debts, maybe ask Andrea for a navigator.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

If a1 doesn't borrow more money (or does, since my agreement only covers 1 guineas whereas I have 1.25 now), I'd be in the market to buy sand.  Maybe wool.

Let me know if you got some, I'll give you the market price +.01 , since I don't think I can buy from the market itself.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually this is my time to bow out.

no ship this turn >:(
Why not?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Call for extension due to backroom negotiation.

Quote from: Bid Reduction Contract
Bathtub Corsairs will deposit 1.8gn to Aywanez Enterprises at the end of the Bidding if the Bathtub Corsairs' Bid of 8gn(+Prototype Scope) goes through. In return Aywanez Enterprises will withdraw from the bidding so long as no new bid from others are made. Bathtub Corsairs shall act in good faith and not raise the bid so long as it is the current winning bid.

-Bathtub Corsairs
-

ACTACTACT: Reduce Bid back to 8gn, plus the Prototype Scope. Sail West.

This will net me an extra 1.2 off the bid. Assuming no one else wants to slip in.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:16:51 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71