Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45063 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 4 wool for 3.32 and 4 sand for 1.64
Spoiler:  Rock's Firm (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, the bidding is still active.

So going to cancel the second ship I suppose. What do I need to type to donate for exclusive rights?

Action changed.

ACTACTACT The Bathtub Corsairs donates 8 Guineas to Luther van Pillar's expedition, and grants them the right to choose their direction. In addition, they offer to them the Prototype Scope to use in their ventures. Safe travels.(Note that they will be wanting the scope back on their safe return.)

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

(On Andrea's advice, post moved to new one.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:43:11 am by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action changed.

The Bathtub Corsairs donates 8 Guineas to Luther van Pillar's expedition, and grants them the right to choose their direction. In addition, they offer to them the Prototype Scope to use in their ventures. Safe travels.
You're going to want to stick an ACTx3 in front of that.

E: You already did, I missed the edit.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A lot of edits. The Scope will be useful to them. I will be wanting it back so long as they make it back though, it's prestigious. (And useful on these bids.)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is a contract for 2 SCOPEs, Tricmagic. Keep in mind you need to provide the sand.

Quote from:  SCOPE License contract
We the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to provide blueprints for 2 SCOPE to the undersigned Bathtub Corsairs at a cost of 1.6 guineas. Said blueprints are to be used for the manufacture of 2 devices, then destroyed. Unlawful copy of the blueprint either directly or indirectly shall incur a fine of 5 guineas.
Sharky's financial ventures only provides the single use blueprints, not the full product. It is up to the buyer to gather the raw materials for assembly (aka: bring your own sand)

- Sharky's financial services
-

As for navigator contracts, this turn they will cost 0.7 in advance.

Quote from: Chart lease
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship _____ with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.7 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-
- Sharky's financial ventures

As you correctly guessed, I most likely won't give out big loans this turn. However, next turn wouldn't actually be a bad one to send a further ship toward wool, as there is only one ship scheduled to depart then at this time.

Edit: And I see you are bidding yourself. A small note: ACTACTACT doesn't show up on searches if you edited it in after the initial post, so it would probably help NUKE to make a new post.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moved to be found. Quote
Ah, the bidding is still active.

So going to cancel the second ship I suppose. What do I need to type to donate for exclusive rights?

Action changed.

ACTACTACT The Bathtub Corsairs donates 8 Guineas to Luther van Pillar's expedition, and grants them the right to choose their direction. In addition, they offer to them the Prototype Scope to use in their ventures. Safe travels.(Note that they will be wanting the scope back on their safe return.)

Andrea, I'll pay the money for the navigator. Just the one.

Quote from: Chart lease
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship Bloody Shark with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.7 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Bathtub Corsairs

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A lot of edits. The Scope will be useful to them. I will be wanting it back so long as they make it back though, it's prestigious. (And useful on these bids.)
For reference, while the SCOPE will be used and appreciated, it doesn't actually count as money when donating.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, Appreciation is a good thing though. As is safety in one's investments.

I'll be willing to look at a loan next turn Andrea. Though it would of course be a rather large one. 5.36 means 5.64 needed. Not counting the nav cost.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

Actactact: Sell 7 wool for 5.81 Guineas.

@Andrea: Can I get loan of 2 and a navigator contract drawn up.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:00:52 pm by flazeo25 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to want to undercut you flazeo. Unless Andrea can guarantee a loan for me to purchase a ship next turn. I could go ahead and purchase one myself instead.
Granted, Andrea does have the funds for it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:04:21 pm by TricMagic »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Alright, after ruminating for a bit, leaping on SCOPEs can wait - I think sand prices might fall a little bit next turn.

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 Sand for 1.29 Guineas

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:11:54 am by Powder Miner »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. Considering the way this is going, I'll be open about this: I do have a ton of funds (as you can clearly see from my spoiler). I wasn't loaning it because I intended to bid for the charts.

So I have to ask, Tricmagic, what is your intended business model here? Do you plan to un the route for personal use, or to lease the charts like I am doing with Norderland? If the latter, are you willing to do all the work of drawing up the contracts, making price forecasts, every turn? To try to balance the supply so as to avoid unpredictable
I do want the charts and am ready to start a bidding war over them, but that isn't likely to be good for anyone except the navigator (hopefully more reliable than the Dread pirate Dotty). Would you consider a partnership instead? we split the cost, I do all the administration work and we split profits. In addition, we lower risk and you will need a smaller loan (which I can then provide).

In fact, I would even go as far as to propose a grander venture, since the ability for player operated ships is opening. We could start a proper trade company, with the goal of discovering new routes and managing them for the greater good of the crown, the country and our bottom lines.

Regardless, here is the contract for Flazeo. If I win the auction, I won't be able to do the bigger loan, while if I lose it or we make a joint venture, I will have plenty of cash to do both.

Quote from: loan
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 2 guineas to the undersigned company, Wilco Ventures.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

Quote from: Navigator
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship _______ with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .7 guineas.
-

meanwhile, I'll draw a contract for a trade company.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

Quote from: loan
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 2 guineas to the undersigned company, Wilco Ventures.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial ventures
-Wilco Adventures

Quote from: Navigator
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Hardtack with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .7 guineas.
- Wilco Ventures

@Andrea Take the loan of 2G from SFS and pay .7 Guineas as navigator fees for Hardtack

Actactact: Pay 11 Guineas to commission the ship Hardtack that sail from the motherland to Norderland and reroute Woolritter to go to Nearsouthlands instead.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 01:14:27 pm by flazeo25 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan on hiring you to manage the details, with 1 reserved for my own use.(outside the first launching which will likely be focused on sending some for inventions) So long as I receive .1gn for each charting. I am willing to hear out alternative business models however. I mostly just want to be able to sail without the need to pay for it. Which will eventually pay for the cost itself.

Put simply, you do the leasing with a small .1 gn profit to me. I fully trust in your abilities to manage things.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 01:51:41 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: bid 8.5 Guineas for Luther van Pillar's expedition results.

TRICTRICTRIC: However I would like to offer Bathtub Corsairs a partnership: instead of trying to outbid each other, why not co-own the route 50-50?

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 71