Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45187 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't realize that the ship I have shares in just dumped the sand into my account.  Or is that how it works?  Fellow Sandshape shareholders, do I now own some sand?

What did you think having a share in a ship meant?
That the ship would sell a commodity on it own, keep the money, and eventually be worth a pot of money.  You know, like real shares in a company...

At this point, I'll probably be the guy who forgets they have anything, and in several months when everyone has abandoned Sand be mega rich since I'm the only one that has any...
Lazy Fair. It means, amongst other things, that it is on you to keep track of your own assets. I handle ships coming and going, but what- if anything- you do with the cargo it delivers is 100% on you. So, yes, if you own shares in the Sandshape, it has given you sand, which you may now sell, trade, hoard, dump into the harbour, or whatever.
If you do decide to sell your sand to the market, remember to tag it with ACTx3, so I can keep track of how much is sold in a turn.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

I need to do some accounting...how long until the next turn?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24 hours, or more if you can convince literally anyone else to ask for an extension.

(Or if you legitimately need the time and can demonstrate why)
Long Live United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

24 hours, or more if you can convince literally anyone else to ask for an extension.

Can I have an extension so I can go over my very complicated financial records?

Coincidentally, this will finish at the exact same time eS finishes tabulating his - so if he says he's ready to go I will be as well.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I too, need some time

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is good reason I update mine every time. And triple check the numbers.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warrick, Jolly crustacean, maybe even Sandshape

Do you want to lease charts?

With this large shipment of sand, price will likely drop, and supply is fairly steady. In 3 turns from now, price likely will still be around 0.4.
Meanwhile, wool is in a shortage, supply hasn't been re-established properly since the delays, and demand is being boosted greatly. Considering there are only 3 shipments between now and when any ship sailing now will return, and seeing this turn's significant increase, I believe we can assume with confidence a wool price of 0.85.

With those numbers, we can assume an advantage in trading wool of 2.5 guineas per shipment, over the 3 month period per ship. Even with the fee, that is significant and any further boost to industry between now and then is liable to increase that.
For reference: should wool disappoint, at 0.8 per unit the advantage would still be 2 guineas.
If it pushes past expectations to 0.9, the advantage instead increases to 3 whole guineas.

Overall, there is no reasonable outcome that results in a loss as compared to trading with sand, even should wool fail to rise as much and sand become more precious.

Quote from:  payment in advance contract
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide both the ship _________ represented by The signatory company(s) with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum shall be paid immediately. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

24 is plenty, thank you

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

@a1s Do you want to sell your shares of Warrick so I can repair it, I'll buy both of them for 2.10 Guineas.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

@a1s Do you want to sell your shares of Warrick so I can repair it, I'll buy both of them for 2.10 Guineas.
Sold!

Quote from: from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Irreplaceable II' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Norderlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Irreplaceable II cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Irreplaceable II. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Irreplaceable II to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 4.4 Guineas

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

@A1s Good doing business with you.

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

@Rockeater Want to go, Norderland this trip if so heres the spilt advance contract.

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide both the ship Warrick represented by The signatory company(s) with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
This sum shall be paid immediately. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Wilco Ventures 0.48 Guineas
-
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:05:41 am by flazeo25 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely supposed to have the money for that so why not.

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide both the ship Warrick represented by The signatory company(s) with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.8 guineas.
-Rock's firm 0.32 Guineas

Also, I assume the repair cost not payed by a1s transferred to you, so do with that what you will

Spoiler:  Rock's Firm (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:27:21 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

-Rock's firm 0.32 Guineas-

@Andrea Heres your contract, pay the amount specified to you.

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

Actactact: Repair 0.4 of Warrick and set course for Norderland.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Travel safe!

The new ship being chartered is in my opinion a good idea. Up to 4 guineas are available for loan, although you will still need to pay the navigator (would be 0.6 guineas, with that loan and advance payment). So, if you have 2.56 or more guineas burning in your pocket, this is the chance!

Quote from: Summer Ends Festival
We, the undersigned private entities, wish to petition her royal majesty to hold a grand festive for late summer in recognition of our kingdom growing prosperity. Allowing those from well off and even amongst our lowest classes to experience the joy of it. We wish to see many events hosted the likes of which haven't been see such sand building contests, tailors competing to show off their fancy techniques, lavish food that many can enjoy and even including fancy dress ball that any can experience. We wish to open this petition to others to help sign up to it include their support.

-Wilco Venture 1 Favours invested into it(Not including one for starting petition)
-Sharky's financial services 1 Favour invested into it
-

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:12:40 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Summer Ends Festival
We, the undersigned private entities, wish to petition her royal majesty to hold a grand festive for late summer in recognition of our kingdom growing prosperity. Allowing those from well off and even amongst our lowest classes to experience the joy of it. We wish to see many events hosted the likes of which haven't been see such sand building contests, tailors competing to show off their fancy techniques, lavish food that many can enjoy and even including fancy dress ball that any can experience. We wish to open this petition to others to help sign up to it include their support.

-Wilco Venture 1 Favours invested into it(Not including one for starting petition)
-Sharky's financial services 1 Favour invested into it
- Bathtub Corsairs 1 Favour invested into it.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71